Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-03-2011, 07:51 PM

12,671 posts, read 23,808,210 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by *VaNiLlaGoRrilLa* View Post
Caucasian, why?

I like the thug look. No bling though, just baggy jeans and tattoos please.
Just curious. No offense but the Thug look is very cheap, thats just my opinion. They typically live in 'ghetto' places and the education level is very low.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-03-2011, 07:53 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,162,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by *VaNiLlaGoRrilLa* View Post
Oh… okay.

Well, this thread is all about what you like so what doesn’t disgust you?
Oh, I don't feel the need to write about this every time the subject comes up. I got inspired once or twice... That's it.

Old 03-03-2011, 07:55 PM

3,426 posts, read 8,908,318 times
Google Image Result for http://www.thecinemasource.com/moviesdb/images/Leonardo_DiCaprio%20-%201%20-%20Blood_Diamond.jpg

Old 03-03-2011, 07:58 PM

1,994 posts, read 3,212,779 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas User View Post
Just curious. No offense but the Thug look is very cheap, thats just my opinion. They typically live in 'ghetto' places and the education level is very low.
Edit: Lisan's post (a few down) made me realise i think the exact same thing as her. I don't judge people at all by how they dress, and it disgusts me when others do. i don't even know why I said what i did just before...

My taste has changed so much over the years. I used to love skinny guys with ratty blonde hair (think Kurt Cobain), then it was all about pretty boys (think Chase Crawford), but ever since I started watching rugby league it has been all about the tattooed beefcakes (think this guy (a player on the team I support) http://danielconnfanclub.files.wordpress.com/2010/07/daniel-running-shirtless-in-all-his-hot-glory.jpg )[/font]

Last edited by *VaNiLlaGoRrilLa*; 03-03-2011 at 08:16 PM..

Old 03-03-2011, 07:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pear Martini View Post
Ewww, I can't stand the thug look. So not my style, but I have friends that love it and only date guys like that. I like nerdy looking guys, athletic nerdy. With a healthy dose of "personality".
Thuggish folks are usually less educated and aren't very career oriented.

Old 03-03-2011, 07:59 PM

1,994 posts, read 3,212,779 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
Oh, I don't feel the need to write about this every time the subject comes up. I got inspired once or twice... That's it.
Oh. Okay then.

Old 03-03-2011, 08:08 PM

2,609 posts, read 4,360,674 times
Quote:
Thuggish folks are usually less educated and aren't very career oriented.
Really... I mean really?

I mean, I don't even have anything I can think of to say to that. It's just so... broad and judgmental and ridiculous.

I don't even dig the "thug" look, but still.

For me - this does it:

http://www.mamapop.com/wp-content/up...jax-teller.jpg

I like him more when he hasn't shaved in a few days, like in the most recent season his facial hair was a lot more scruffy. I'm trying to get my husband to grow out his hair (he's kept it super short since we've gotten married).

Old 03-03-2011, 08:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisan23 View Post
Really... I mean really?

I mean, I don't even have anything I can think of to say to that. It's just so... broad and judgmental and ridiculous.

I don't even dig the "thug" look, but still.

For me - this does it:

http://www.mamapop.com/wp-content/up...jax-teller.jpg

I like him more when he hasn't shaved in a few days, like in the most recent season his facial hair was a lot more scruffy. I'm trying to get my husband to grow out his hair (he's kept it super short since we've gotten married).
I don't want to offend anyone so that what is I have noticed in USA.

I do listen to Rap music though, lol.

Old 03-03-2011, 08:17 PM

2,609 posts, read 4,360,674 times
Quote:
I don't want to offend anyone so that what is I have noticed in USA.

I do listen to Rap music though, lol.
I think it's just a huge generalization to make. I work in a state where a lot of the guys are blue collar workers and people make the mistake of assuming that because these guys work jobs where they don't have to have a 4 year degree they're not that smart. But one of my friends is a mechanic who also happens to have an IQ off the charts and he and I regularly discuss philosophy and politics. He just hated the idea of spending his life doing something inside a classroom or an office, he likes to work with his hands.

Just because someone looks a certain way doesn't mean a thing about how intelligent they may be or how much education they have.

Old 03-03-2011, 08:18 PM

15,700 posts, read 17,046,690 times
Ever kiss a guy with that "unshaved" look..........OUCH......no thank you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships