Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Tall women, would you date or marry a short man?
Yes 51 53.13%
No 45 46.88%
Voters: 96. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-05-2012, 06:16 PM

1,591 posts, read 3,428,415 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
If only it were that easy, but most tall men won't date tall girls. I was rejected by a man who was 6'8 because I was too tall for him. My ex is 6'3 and wouldnt hold hands with me in public because he didnt like how tall I was
If it were easy just to go out and find a taller guy, I would have already.
dude i'm sure not that many men care...you've met a few who do but I bet many, many would not

Old 03-05-2012, 06:19 PM

3,665 posts, read 8,667,194 times
I'm 5' 9", I won't date anyone shorter than me and he has to be at least 1" taller.

Old 03-07-2012, 10:27 AM

5,324 posts, read 6,103,297 times
AS a man 5'8 its a little depressing the amount of women obsessed with height but at least it ends the whining that women do about how shallow men are when women are just as into looks if not more..its just that Men usually get more **** for being shallow while with women its just something they deserve being born with a vagina..

Regardless i consider it dodging a bullet anyway..Why would i want to be with such a shallow nutjob whos #1 priority in finding a mate is how far off the ground he is as oppsoed to character integrity and whter hell be there for you when you're old and sick..

Old 03-07-2012, 10:41 AM

6,548 posts, read 7,281,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBT1980 View Post
AS a man 5'8 its a little depressing the amount of women obsessed with height but at least it ends the whining that women do about how shallow men are when women are just as into looks if not more..its just that Men usually get more **** for being shallow while with women its just something they deserve being born with a vagina..

Regardless i consider it dodging a bullet anyway..Why would i want to be with such a shallow nutjob whos #1 priority in finding a mate is how far off the ground he is as oppsoed to character integrity and whter hell be there for you when you're old and sick..
It doesn’t make women necessarily shallow for simply wanting to be with a man who is taller than them, be above their level (income, academics, status, etc.), and so on. It doesn’t make men shallow either to NOT be attracted to fat women. Everybody, men/women, have their preferences.

Old 03-07-2012, 10:43 AM

4,217 posts, read 7,303,568 times
I'm not tall. But I just started talking to a guy who is 5'3".

Old 03-07-2012, 11:15 AM

5,324 posts, read 6,103,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by onihC View Post
It doesn’t make women necessarily shallow for simply wanting to be with a man who is taller than them, be above their level (income, academics, status, etc.), and so on. It doesn’t make men shallow either to NOT be attracted to fat women. Everybody, men/women, have their preferences.
I get the want a man taller then them thing but it usually doesnt end there..It usually counts heels and still wanting to be towered when shes in heels

Old 03-07-2012, 11:43 AM

19,112 posts, read 30,635,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBT1980 View Post
I get the want a man taller then them thing but it usually doesnt end there..It usually counts heels and still wanting to be towered when shes in heels
I think a lot of it has to do with desirability and availability. Short, petite women are more desirable and a larger amount of men meet the criteria for being muh taller than them. Therefore, the shorter women have the upper hand and can easily demand a man who towers over them, even in heels. The taller a woman gets, the smaller and smaller her potential dating pool gets, and the shorter a man gets the smaller the dating pool of desirable women gets.

Desirable women (short and petite) are not going to date shorter men because they don't have to. They have their pick. Tall men generally won't date tall women because they see shorter women as desirable. Basically, taller women and shorter men get the shaft.

Thus is life.

Old 03-07-2012, 12:05 PM

3,516 posts, read 6,784,375 times
Quote:
I think a lot of it has to do with desirability and availability. Short, petite women are more desirable and a larger amount of men meet the criteria for being muh taller than them. Therefore, the shorter women have the upper hand and can easily demand a man who towers over them, even in heels. The taller a woman gets, the smaller and smaller her potential dating pool gets, and the shorter a man gets the smaller the dating pool of desirable women gets.

Desirable women (short and petite) are not going to date shorter men because they don't have to. They have their pick. Tall men generally won't date tall women because they see shorter women as desirable. Basically, taller women and shorter men get the shaft.

Thus is life.
That's not been my experience in the slightest. I've been approached by men of all heights and had the tall ones say how nice it is to be with a woman who they don't have to break their neck to kiss.

Really, I've had almost no negative experiences because of my height. A couple people have said thoughtless things (asking me if I have some sort of genetic disorder. Really?) but I get compliments and awe from strangers on a regular basis.

Women are much more hung up on height than men.

Old 03-07-2012, 01:49 PM

7,796 posts, read 16,403,352 times
Quote:

Thus is life.
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnexpectedError View Post
That's not been my experience in the slightest. I've been approached by men of all heights and had the tall ones say how nice it is to be with a woman who they don't have to break their neck to kiss.

Really, I've had almost no negative experiences because of my height. A couple people have said thoughtless things (asking me if I have some sort of genetic disorder. Really?) but I get compliments and awe from strangers on a regular basis.

Women are much more hung up on height than men.

Man JJ...we gotta' work on your self esteem! You have to walk into a room like you own it...even if you don't believe it. I've seen your figure briefly and from what I saw, you'd turn men's heads in a good way.

or

you need to relocate ASAP because your town/city if full of a-holes!

My experiences have been similar to UE's for the most part...at least the positives have far outweighed the negatives. I was and still am (even in my advanced age ) approached by men of all different heights and they're all complimentary. And it wasn't any different when I was heavier (near the 200 lb mark.) Some guys shout things to/at me, but I sometimes wonder if it's their attempt at getting my attention. (This is something I've experienced for the past 15+ years when clubbing, etc. ) Even when I would go out with my girlfriends who ranged from 5' to 5'7", I was the one getting hit on all the time despite them being the better looking ones. They always wanted to know my secret and I believe my height played the biggest role...with my chest being the runner up.

Old 03-07-2012, 02:51 PM

2,953 posts, read 5,121,382 times
I actually dated a guy who was really short, like around 5'6, and would never do it again. I never felt safe or protected around him. I do prefer men who are at least 5'10
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships