Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-04-2011, 12:21 AM

12,671 posts, read 23,800,475 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsianRice View Post
Yeah and that's because it's a taboo thing to talk about it. I bet you behind all these DL stuff, there's a lot of drama and hate going on. My cousin's dad married another woman, and I'll tell you, she hates his first wife's kids. She thinks her kids are better than my cousins, and my cousins are cool and friendly people.
It is in the Asian culture. Divorce is uncommon but family gets a bad reputation if one gets divorced especially if its a girl.

Old 10-04-2011, 05:25 AM

96 posts, read 288,799 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Djuna View Post
That is entirely dependent on where they came from. Not everyone thinks America is the be all end all of countries.
Agreed. Im from the UK and married an american, but the US is no better than the UK and the UK has a much less f*cked up welfare/healthcare system. Theres little chance of ending up homeless here. Having said that i enjoy my life more in the US and i find the people friendlier and more laidback than people in the UK where i live.

A women from an EU country or australia is unlikely to be marrying an american man just for a greencard.

Old 10-04-2011, 06:19 AM

19,697 posts, read 20,225,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Jack22 View Post

In Rio de Janeiro, do not go to the beaches at night. I'd stay off the streets at nighttime period in Rio. Don't wear flashy clothes either and don't put your wallet in your back pocket.
What?! Don't scare people out of enjoying themselves! Night time is when everything begins...

I have a very fond memory of sitting on the beach in Rio one night after a fine meal smoking a doob. It was awesome. Beautiful place.

Old 10-04-2011, 06:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cindy_Jole View Post
If you believe that American women are so awful then what does that say about American men?
See, this is exactly what I find so hilarious about these threads, lol.

As if American men are in any way less affected than women born and bred of the same culture. lmao.

Sure everyone is different to varying degrees, but the implication that men are somehow above & beyond all that is truly a laugh.

Old 10-04-2011, 07:41 AM

10,379 posts, read 10,909,702 times
Most married American men I know are either admit that they are ruled by their wives or it is just obvious watching them. My guess is that many men do not like this arrangement. This could easily lead to divorce, since INMO, our American culture teaches men to serve their wives. For men who prefer an alternate arrangement, a foriegn wife might be a good option. I advised my son to try it. He didn't. Now he's married to a woman who sits and home and does little during the day. He comes home from work, helps with the housework and does the house fix ups too. I didn't raise him this way, but he's like a lot of American men, not very assertive and doesn't have a lot of self confidence.

Old 10-04-2011, 07:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prairieparson View Post
Most married American men I know are either admit that they are ruled by their wives or it is just obvious watching them. My guess is that many men do not like this arrangement. This could easily lead to divorce, since INMO, our American culture teaches men to serve their wives. For men who prefer an alternate arrangement, a foriegn wife might be a good option. I advised my son to try it. He didn't. Now he's married to a woman who sits and home and does little during the day. He comes home from work, helps with the housework and does the house fix ups too. I didn't raise him this way, but he's like a lot of American men, not very assertive and doesn't have a lot of self confidence.
Honestly I think this has more to do with the institution of marriage itself rather than the nationality of a man or woman.

Old 10-04-2011, 07:50 AM

9,408 posts, read 13,735,418 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prairieparson View Post
What a load of crock. Obviously you DID raise him to a pathetic pushover, otherwise he wouldn't be like that.

All I have seen in this thread is a bunch of male whiners b*tch about American women and how perfect and wonderful foreign women are. Massive generalisations abound. This country has over 300,000,000 people and you paint ALL American women with the same brush? And ALL foreign women from every single other country are better? Absolutely ridiculous.

Some people are just too stupid to ever be looking for a woman, either here in the US OR overseas.

Old 10-04-2011, 07:58 AM

8,227 posts, read 11,142,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Djuna View Post
What a load of crock. Obviously you DID raise him to a pathetic pushover, otherwise he wouldn't be like that.

All I have seen in this thread is a bunch of male whiners b*tch about American women and how perfect and wonderful foreign women are. Massive generalisations abound. This country has over 300,000,000 people and you paint ALL American women with the same brush? And ALL foreign women from every single other country are better? Absolutely ridiculous.

Some people are just too stupid to ever be looking for a woman, either here in the US OR overseas.
You sound very bitter.

Old 10-04-2011, 08:03 AM

9,408 posts, read 13,735,418 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 14Bricks View Post
You sound very bitter.
Bitter about what?

Generalisations annoy me.

Old 10-04-2011, 08:04 AM

34,088 posts, read 82,929,741 times
I know what this old hippie wants

Old Hippie - Bellamy Brothers - YouTube

Bellamy Brothers - Redneck Girl NEW Video Ft. Jessica Simpson (VDJ MikeyMike Edit) - YouTube
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships