Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-19-2014, 08:33 PM

284 posts, read 341,011 times

Advertisements

Delusions running rampant on this thread! I think we should start a drinking game where we all take a drink every time an OP says he/she is X yrs old but looks Y years [where "Y" = "X"-(10-20yrs)]. I'm sure some of us would ultimately need to get on the liver transplant list by the time it's all said and done

I need to recommend this forum to my friends. Simply pure entertainment
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-19-2014, 09:10 PM

2,209 posts, read 2,318,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasper03 View Post
This is not true. Most old guys just have an inflated sense of their attractiveness. The old man young woman thing is cultural. Most of you guys over 45 can't even go two rounds in one night and a lot of you over 55+ needs days to recuperate or can't do anything without that little blue pill. If men are biologically superior than why do your penises seem to malfunction half way thru life and why do you guys die sooner than us ladies?

The problem with a lot of women is their refusal to think outside the box when it comes to dating. I know plenty of older women who could date but won't because they are fixated on the man being a certain age...height...having a certain income etc. 3.5 billion men on the planet and you can't find even one? It's not them it's definitely you.
Wow! Somebody got offended. All the guy said was that generally, women tend to age faster than men, and you attack him with such venom. Talking about blue pills and lack of sexual ability and being delusional --- why so nasty?

Old 08-19-2014, 09:29 PM

2,209 posts, read 2,318,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by laurenaus View Post
yeah its great now but there's a small window where age gap relationships actually work. It'll get old in a few years. I say that as a girl whose been there. And not every younger guy is a baby or plays video games...generalizations galore
But aren't you generalizing by saying those types of relationships will eventually get old and that there is only a small window of time where those relationships work?

Old 08-20-2014, 07:31 AM

17,535 posts, read 39,141,385 times
My philosophy is truly that age is nothing but a number, and also the quote that goes "age is mind over matter, if you don't mind, it doesn't matter."

What this means is that after a certain age (say 30) you are an adult; and it is more about matching energy and interests. I am married, in my 60s, but yes I am a woman who takes care of herself and has always had a lot of energy and a youthful attitude. If I were to become single, I would most likely be wanting men about half my age; because most that are my age (outside my husband) would not be able to keep up with me on any level. This is speaking in general terms of course. Also, I don't care what men look like -tall or short, hair color etc - what is important to me are personality, good sense of humour and attentive to my needs (to name a few)

Everyone is different and we have our preferences. Thank goodness, because there can be someone for everyone!

Old 08-20-2014, 11:04 AM

1,324 posts, read 2,013,319 times
once you accept the concept that all relationships are transitory, meaning only lasts as long as it's good for both partners, age starts becoming irrelevant and you look at your potential experience with the person, and not some linear "where is this going" mindset. enjoy the trip and stop focusing on your ideal destination, cuz many ppl burn precious time wanting something more instead of appreciating what they have. as the old rolling stones' song said, you can't always get what you want but if you try sometimes you get what you need.

Old 09-20-2014, 03:20 PM

1 posts, read 986 times
Im 38 yrs old.what is my appropriate age of women...I get rejected by all ages anyway....

Old 09-20-2014, 04:03 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,868,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by quancho2 View Post
im 38 yrs old.what is my appropriate age of women...i get rejected by all ages anyway....
31-45.

Old 09-20-2014, 09:07 PM

5,874 posts, read 10,530,547 times
If men are that delusional, the only viable solution is to lie about your age.

who cares anyway? is not like they re gonna ask for your ID

Old 09-20-2014, 09:10 PM

52,282 posts, read 52,700,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SophieLL View Post

Nope... before booty time I ask her to present ID...

Doesn't everyone do that?????

Old 09-20-2014, 09:24 PM

5,353 posts, read 5,793,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SophieLL View Post

I agree. Its time for me to lie because the women I want to date (30-40) would think I was 35 if they met me out anyway. I'm 46. So sick of older women messaging me. I'm sure women feel that way about older men too, which is why I do need to lie. So out of character for me, but I'm considering it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships