Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-19-2011, 12:04 AM

754 posts, read 1,449,602 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustBeingMe404 View Post
Same here. I haven't eaten chicken since 1988. I enjoy country, soft rock, pop, hard rock, some heavy metal and R&B (but my favorite is gospel). I hate rap, except for what they call "rap lite" which is mostly the stuff from the 80s and 90s. And my hair reaches just below my bra strap (and it's not a weave).

And no one in my family plays basketball - or is athletic in any way at all. We all speak proper English (though we do use slang when we feel like it).

LOL, I've learned to put everything on my ipod in it's folder. I had a friend of my give me the serious side-eye when we were listening to some old school music and all of a sudden Disturbed or Randy Travis started playing. But they leave me alone now, I'm officially out of the music closet. They know that when they ride with me, there's no telling what we'll be listening to.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-19-2011, 12:26 AM

6,143 posts, read 7,560,854 times
This Cornhusker has never husked an ear of corn in her life.

Old 03-19-2011, 12:27 AM

343 posts, read 524,452 times
This is hard because I think I am a stereotype.
Oh, and Miss Crabcakes, you're in Baltimore?!
The best crab cakes I've ever had was there! On the pier, oh forgot the name of the restaurant.

*I'm part Polish and can screw in my own light bulbs, tyvm.

*I hate polka music and dancing the polka (although I know how).

*I'm fairly smart but prone to doing shockingly stupid things occasionally which I pretend to have done on purpose to amuse & amaze my friends.

Also, part Russian.

*I'm not a member of the KGB, although I am suspicious of most people.

*Not fond of babushka's, head wraps, actually hate most hats.

*I do love vodka (it's water to us )

*Oh, I was born here so I don't need to marry Mr. Fancy pants goooooooood-looking American man (even though he's fat, bald & old) for a visa and all of his money.

Old 03-19-2011, 12:42 AM

2,058 posts, read 3,305,822 times
Really fun thread idea!

I'm young (24) but

-I don't drink, smoke, or do drugs. Ever.
-I'm employed.
-I live on my own.
-I don't use chatspeak (lol, ikr, or random misspellings).
-Although I like genres of music that most people my age like, but I never listen to the radio or the "artists" on the radio.
-I didn't start texting until a year ago. And once again, I write everything out with no silly abbreviations and I usually use complete sentences)
-I don't dress "sexy"

that''s all I can think of. But to most people my age that's pretty out there!

Old 03-19-2011, 12:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HurricaneDC View Post

I'm white but I don't particularly care for camping (according to Stuff White People Like, I should :P)
I thought you were some form of.. not white.. hmm *shrug*

Old 03-19-2011, 12:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post

And are you seriously quoting Phantom Tollbooth?!!
I don't know anyone who has even heard of this book.
I read it in 6th Grade and loved it. Her sig has been reminding me to go to the library and get it again for weeks now. I keep putting it off even though I don't want to! I cant wait to read it again!

Subtraction soup! awesome!

Old 03-19-2011, 07:50 AM

89 posts, read 230,860 times
Nice thread !

I'm Brazilian

- No I'm not a wh*re
- I don't walk around naked 24/7
- I'm not a transexual
- I like watching soccer, not playing it
- I like rice and bean, but don't eat it all the time
- I have never had any plastic surgery done to me

Old 03-19-2011, 10:43 AM

88,618 posts, read 84,875,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by donie1 View Post
That's funny! When I was in college, there was a student from Hawaii and she told us that EVERYONE in Hawaii eats spam. I was floored since no one in the U.S. eats spam. Yuck!
I like Spam occasionally! Fry it up, some eggs on the side, and it's cholesterol-spiking heaven.

But I'm in NJ, pretty far from Hawaii.

Old 03-19-2011, 11:11 AM

3,573 posts, read 6,476,977 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
I like Spam occasionally! Fry it up, some eggs on the side, and it's cholesterol-spiking heaven.

Agree with that. I even like Scrabble now and then, fried with eggs BUT I was really surprised that most Hawaiians eat spam on a daily basis.

Old 03-19-2011, 11:13 AM

52,291 posts, read 52,734,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by donie1 View Post
Agree with that. I even like Scrabble now and then, fried with eggs BUT I was really surprised that most Hawaiians eat spam on a daily basis.
Spam should have it's own don't ask don't tell policy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships