Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-22-2011, 08:16 PM

20,187 posts, read 23,858,535 times

Advertisements

I think its time to change all of the phone numbers to new ones and make sure you don't give it to people who will likely give it to her... he hasn't confessed to sex which doesn't he did it or not... This depends on you, do you want him to continue to be a part of your life or do you want him out of the picture... if you want him to stay, perhaps its time to do some couple counseling, its time to get a third party to get the relationship working again if that's what you want...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-23-2011, 05:51 AM

8,262 posts, read 18,487,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nite Ryder View Post
Maybe I should! One thing I can guarantee you is, I've never behaved like a mongrel dog in heat. Bringing three kids into the world and not using good judgement to provide a decent life for them is pathetic. What hope do these kids have with the upbringing they are getting? People are single parents usually because of their own choice or mistakes they have made. Society didn't make them single parents, they made themselves single parents.
Let me ask---Are you actually walking on water? Or do you just know where the rocks are?

Old 03-23-2011, 09:24 AM

44 posts, read 79,755 times
Quote:
Maybe I should! One thing I can guarantee you is, I've never behaved like a mongrel dog in heat. Bringing three kids into the world and not using good judgement to provide a decent life for them is pathetic. What hope do these kids have with the upbringing they are getting? People are single parents usually because of their own choice or mistakes they have made. Society didn't make them single parents, they made themselves single parents.
lol..this is my favorite one so far!! A dog in heat, i had three children in a 10 yr mariage, Im a single parent because i didnt want my boys growing up in an unhappy home which it had become, and being a GOOD parent i choose to better thier life! Not due to my mistakes to his in which i didnt have a choice in..ie..his choices. My judgment is bad? What kind of up bringing have they had, do i know you? Ya i didnt think so..my children are happy kids, they get good grades, play sports, and have more love than most unfortunate kids out there! So my boyfriend cheating on me was such a big mistake and poor judgment on my part. Im not the cheater...im the one trying to figure out my next step in this whole mess thats why i came here to get advice. Also i dont share my personal adult buisness with my children..its called good parenting! ignorant people that assume they know ur life history..priceless

Old 03-23-2011, 09:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kahskye View Post
I really do feel for you. It's one thing if after his cheating, he was remorseful and truly wanted your forgiveness, and it showed through his actions that he wanted a life w/ you. My understanding is he's still in contact w/ his ex? How did he react to your pregnancy? Did he let you move in out of obligation to his unborn child and to get out of paying child support? You said you tried to break it off w/ him? What was his reaction? The only way I see your relationship w/ him working is for him to want it as much as you and I don't see that. As long as the ex is close by, you will never totally trust him.

After reading through your posts, you do seem to love your children, but you really have to think of what this is doing to them. You may think you're keeping stuff from them, but they're probably more aware than you think to the problems in your relationship. As another poster stated, they are learning through your boyfriend and you how to treat women. I'm guessing they're young by the length of your first relationship. They've already had their family torn apart once. Do you want to chance that happening to them again? I think it would be best for you and the boys to live on your own.
Great advice! He was very remorseful and begged for my forgiveness and in our talks has admitted the contact, seeing her the one time, and i also know he hasnt seen or talked to her since because he made a police report and got all his phone, text etc for possible court issues. The police have talked to her and verified that she hasnt had contact since the day he told her to not call again. I was the one she was harrasing not him. As in me and the kids i do think im going to go on my own for awhile its just hard with the new baby coming and my boys love this guy to death. Also i didnt get pregnant till like a month after i found out..i was undergoing female problems and they had to remove my iud surgically. We were using condoms. He is excited about the baby and wants us to begin a life together. I love him dearly and i feel he means his apologies and that this women meant alot to him but i just dont think i will ever feel as important to him as i used to which i think is well warranted. Its just very difficult i dont bring it up because i dont think its fair to drag things out if ur trying to forgive but i need to talk about it. I started counseling for myself not him!

Old 03-23-2011, 09:47 AM

Quote:
She probably is a dog thats why shes never in heat noone wants her..thats why shes so angry..lol everyone deserves love!

Old 03-23-2011, 09:49 AM

3,393 posts, read 4,012,063 times
I would find it very difficult to leave if the kids love him. That's a tough thing for them to go through. The older your kids get, the less accepting they will be of a man in your life.

Also, this woman harassing you may have shown him a side of her that he didn't know about. Maybe it opened his eyes.

Ignore the judgmental a-holes. They haven't walked a mile in your shoes.

Old 03-23-2011, 09:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Book Lover 21 View Post
I would find it very difficult to leave if the kids love him. That's a tough thing for them to go through. The older your kids get, the less accepting they will be of a man in your life.

Also, this woman harassing you may have shown him a side of her that he didn't know about. Maybe it opened his eyes.

Ignore the judgmental a-holes. They haven't walked a mile in your shoes.
Yes she sure did, he couldnt believe it and shes 40 yrs old. It is very hard also I know hes remorseful and has tried many ways to prove himself, its just hard to believe the nice things he says to me because he said them before and did this. Not defending him...but she broke his heart and i think he felt bad and talked to her and slowly i have started to believe his side over her as she started being psycho she lost crediabilty with me. Who knows and being pregnant dosent help with my fears and emotions. I dont worry about what hes doing or whatever but i know id never put up with something like this again and i dont want to feel like im wasting my time..ya know.

Old 03-23-2011, 10:03 AM

3,393 posts, read 4,012,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by merce79 View Post
Yes she sure did, he couldnt believe it and shes 40 yrs old. It is very hard also I know hes remorseful and has tried many ways to prove himself, its just hard to believe the nice things he says to me because he said them before and did this. Not defending him...but she broke his heart and i think he felt bad and talked to her and slowly i have started to believe his side over her as she started being psycho she lost crediabilty with me. Who knows and being pregnant dosent help with my fears and emotions. I dont worry about what hes doing or whatever but i know id never put up with something like this again and i dont want to feel like im wasting my time..ya know.
I feel for you because I've been through the same thing. It's easy for outsiders to say, "Ditch that guy!", they don't know what kind of history you have or what he is like besides this whole thing.

My husband told me it would never happen again and, as far as I know, he is as good as his word. Of course, I always have that worry, it never goes away, but it does fade quite a bit.

My kids were the deciding factor. I just couldn't take their dad away from them. He is an awesome father. Now, years later, when he comes up behind me and kisses my neck or I watch him doing some father/son thing, I think, "I almost let all this go!"

I'm not TELLING you to stay, only you know what is best for you. But you have to consider the whole picture, not just let your judgment be ruled by this one incident.

Old 03-23-2011, 10:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Book Lover 21 View Post
I feel for you because I've been through the same thing. It's easy for outsiders to say, "Ditch that guy!", they don't know what kind of history you have or what he is like besides this whole thing.

My husband told me it would never happen again and, as far as I know, he is as good as his word. Of course, I always have that worry, it never goes away, but it does fade quite a bit.

My kids were the deciding factor. I just couldn't take their dad away from them. He is an awesome father. Now, years later, when he comes up behind me and kisses my neck or I watch him doing some father/son thing, I think, "I almost let all this go!"

I'm not TELLING you to stay, only you know what is best for you. But you have to consider the whole picture, not just let your judgment be ruled by this one incident.
Thankyou and you are right plus im one to know that people do make mistakes in life and can really regret them. i appreciate your insight it really helps!

Old 03-23-2011, 07:53 PM

3,485 posts, read 7,311,825 times
To be honest with you, I'm not sure I trust what the psycho ex-gf was saying because she's already proven herself unreliable. Is there proof that he slept with her, or did he just go over her house? Is it just his words against hers, or are you pretty suspicious?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships