Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-25-2011, 12:53 PM

1,413 posts, read 3,050,026 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jay_jay26 View Post
It bothers me a lot when people have such a poor self image of themselves, especially when guys have issues with their height. I just encountered this thread, and it bothered me so much!!!!

Height Surgery To Get Women.

I once was with a guy who's 5'6" and I'm 5'8". I couldn't care less about his height 'cause he had a nice job, money and was amazing in the sheets. Due to the military, we couldn't be together but I think about him from time to time.

My ex hub was 5'10", but despite of his perfect physique, he still though he was too short (and he was a taller than me!), and that his body wasn't good enough.

What killed my marriage? MY EX HUSBAND'S TERRIBLE SELF IMAGE!!!!!!

If I ever see again the first guy I mentioned, I would jump on him without hesitating!!!!!

Me, as a tall woman, height is very secondary. Plus, my maternal grandparents are like that; grandpa is only 5'4" and grandma is 5'10". They've been happily married for 45 years!

My current love interest is taller than me (by nine inches!), but I'm not with him 'cause of his height; I'm with him because he treats me right, and he doesn't brush in my face his lack of positive body image (he have issues with his acne and with his extra weight the same way my ex hub with his height) to me every time we argue about trivial stuff. Somebody who makes me feel good is more important than something as secondary as physical appearance.

Ah, to finish; I've been rejected many times by shorter guys. Reason? They have issues with their height and do not like women who are taller than them. I mean, that has been hurtful 'cause they have made it seem like I've with them just 'cause I feel sorry for them, not because they've been amazing lovers (all the shorties I've been with have been great in the sack).

In other words; height is secondary, because trust, understanding and great sex are far more important than physique.
It's unfortunate but it's just a human weakness.

I am also 5'10" tall and even though I'm not exactly insecure about my height, I still think of myself as a short person and I'm bothered when people slam short men. I was a late bloomer and therefore growing up I was always the shortest child in my classes. I hit a growth spurt before my junior year of high school, but the self-image thing remained somewhat.

I know sooooooo many women who are likewise insecure or less than confident when they have no reason to be. I've been told by many larger women who I am attracted to, that they won't date anything but overweight men because they make them feel smaller, and they don't like being larger than their man. It is what it is.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-25-2011, 01:13 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,823,666 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
I personally know two gals that will not date guys under 6'0 tall.

Not shockingly they have historically dated d-bags, are both 40+ unmarried and complain about not being able to find the right guy. (They have a startling list of criteria they look for which is most of the problem.)

DON'T FEED THE PARANOIA!

(These women are no prizes themselves )

Old 03-25-2011, 01:21 PM

19,012 posts, read 29,757,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheImportersWife View Post
Yeah! Ask my husband about this!!!! (I didn't bold the promiscuous part because it doesn't apply to me. )
Ugh, how do we low and earthly mortals get to see what you look like when you wake up

Is the importer allowed to divulge such classified info

Old 03-25-2011, 01:23 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,239,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jefetio View Post
I am also 5'10" tall and even though I'm not exactly insecure about my height, I still think of myself as a short person
BS! That's probably above the average. It may not be enough for some women, but 5'10"-5'11" is perfect for me!

Old 03-25-2011, 06:17 PM

1,413 posts, read 3,050,026 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
BS! That's probably above the average. It may not be enough for some women, but 5'10"-5'11" is perfect for me!
I know it's not short, but 17 years of conditioning to think of yourself as short has it's effect. Even though I don't worry about my height too much, I still sympathize with short guys and am bothered when some women go on about it. It's not a big deal in my life, just a little annoyance.

Old 03-25-2011, 07:25 PM

3,426 posts, read 8,918,972 times
Thanks OP! I think men out there really need to know that height isn't a big deal.

I'm 5'4" and as long as he is my height or taller, I'm happy

Old 03-27-2011, 10:42 AM

543 posts, read 1,000,777 times
I still lust over my "short" 5'10" ex...

Old 03-27-2011, 11:00 AM

3,573 posts, read 6,480,948 times
I will have to be honest and say that I don't look for short men to date. I like men that are around 6'4" but saying that I meet the love of my life (so far) that was around 5'2". My father was 5'0" and he did have the Napoleon attitude and that's the only reason I wouldn't date a short man. Short men, IMO, seem to want to prove their men and that's a turn-off for me. The short man that I was with never had that attitude.

Old 03-27-2011, 11:06 AM

817 posts, read 812,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by donie1 View Post
I will have to be honest and say that I don't look for short men to date. I like men that are around 6'4" but saying that I meet the love of my life (so far) that was around 5'2". My father was 5'0" and he did have the Napoleon attitude and that's the only reason I wouldn't date a short man. Short men, IMO, seem to want to prove their men and that's a turn-off for me. The short man that I was with never had that attitude.
I have observed that most shorter man have the Napoleon complex because women often expect them to be very passive, not assertive and expect them to be like doormats, no wonder most of them become very aggressive, if women stop thinking that a man would be a doormat just because he is a few inches shorter, I am sure most of those guys would come across as very nice and gentle.

Old 03-27-2011, 11:33 AM

1,446 posts, read 3,554,621 times
Yes, height matters.

There are women who are 5'7", who would not date a guy under 6 feet tall.

Many women will tell you it matters.

Just ask.

Lipstick Alley -
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships