Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-27-2011, 11:40 AM

817 posts, read 810,834 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Java378 View Post
Yes, height matters.

There are women who are 5'7", who would not date a guy under 6 feet tall.

Many women will tell you it matters.

Just ask.

Lipstick Alley -
Even the one's that are 5'1" to 5'5" wouldn't date anyone less than 6"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-27-2011, 12:04 PM

1,446 posts, read 3,550,387 times
I've met short women with a lot of belly(180+lbs.) who think I should start working out to make my arms bigger.

. . . . . .

Yeah, I am the one who needs to work out.

I'll let Navy boot camp be the judge of that.

Old 03-27-2011, 03:14 PM

3,226 posts, read 6,636,381 times
Well, you're definitely an exception. Most women I have dated have been my height or shorter. Well, maybe 2 have been 1 or 2 inches taller. I personally don't mind tall women as long as they don't tower over me. I LOVE long sexy legs. Most women I meet want a guy either their height or taller so that's why short men have that insecurity about them and I know tall women who wants a taller guy that they can hold on too and feel engulfed in their embrace.

Old 03-27-2011, 04:04 PM

2,596 posts, read 5,580,467 times
Personally, I think it goes both ways. There are some women who would reject a guy for being shorter. There are just as many guys who would reject a woman for being taller. So the shorter the guy is and the taller the girl is, maybe they do get a few more rejections.

But the truth is, that's hardly unique to being tall/short. People are rejected as potential partners every day. Maybe they're too heavy/thin for someone's tastes. Maybe they're too much of a muscle-head or too nerdy. Maybe one guy prefers large breasts and another small. Blond/brown hair... has kids or never wants them.

We all have our list of deal-breakers or things we just don't find attractive. I think most of us can name one thing about ourselves and think, "It's just not fair," that someone judges us on it. But then we probably do the same to someone else. Height is no different. My personal opinion is that it doesn't matter in the slightest to me and that too many people waste too much time worrying about the things they can't change. If it's a deal-breaker to someone, then you never would have been happy with them and there's no point in fretting over it.

Old 03-28-2011, 10:30 AM

1,904 posts, read 2,986,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pear Martini View Post
Thanks OP! I think men out there really need to know that height isn't a big deal.

I'm 5'4" and as long as he is my height or taller, I'm happy
You do know that you're actually giving evidence as to why it is indeed a big deal, right?

Old 03-30-2011, 06:23 PM

855 posts, read 1,383,887 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jay_jay26 View Post
It bothers me a lot when people have such a poor self image of themselves, especially when guys have issues with their height. I just encountered this thread, and it bothered me so much!!!!

http://www.city-data.com/forum/relat...get-women.html

I once was with a guy who's 5'6" and I'm 5'8". I couldn't care less about his height 'cause he had a nice job, money and was amazing in the sheets. Due to the military, we couldn't be together but I think about him from time to time.

My ex hub was 5'10", but despite of his perfect physique, he still though he was too short (and he was a taller than me!), and that his body wasn't good enough.

What killed my marriage? MY EX HUSBAND'S TERRIBLE SELF IMAGE!!!!!!

If I ever see again the first guy I mentioned, I would jump on him without hesitating!!!!!

Me, as a tall woman, height is very secondary. Plus, my maternal grandparents are like that; grandpa is only 5'4" and grandma is 5'10". They've been happily married for 45 years!

My current love interest is taller than me (by nine inches!), but I'm not with him 'cause of his height; I'm with him because he treats me right, and he doesn't brush in my face his lack of positive body image (he have issues with his acne and with his extra weight the same way my ex hub with his height) to me every time we argue about trivial stuff. Somebody who makes me feel good is more important than something as secondary as physical appearance.

Ah, to finish; I've been rejected many times by shorter guys. Reason? They have issues with their height and do not like women who are taller than them. I mean, that has been hurtful 'cause they have made it seem like I've with them just 'cause I feel sorry for them, not because they've been amazing lovers (all the shorties I've been with have been great in the sack).

In other words; height is secondary, because trust, understanding and great sex are far more important than physique.
Intersting stuff.

I never thought I'd read something like this where a woman is ranting about guys rejecting her for being too tall. Women usually reject guys because they're too short, but I can see where you're coming from.

There are guys who feel insecure in the presence of taller women because her height makes them feel demasculated. These guys are dependent on their height to make them feel like "the man" in the relationship. They are no different then the tall women who use the same excuse against short guys in the feminine context.

Obviously a man's height is not an issue to you which is great. I've met very few ladies taller than my 5'6 frame who place little to no importance in a man's height. The majority demand men taller than they are, especially tall ladies who are shorter than 6'0. Women who are taller than 6'0 feet don't have much choice and I've found them slightly more open to dating shorter guys but most still prefer and demand men taller than themselves.

Old 03-31-2011, 10:09 AM

19,112 posts, read 30,617,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shortnblack View Post
Intersting stuff.

I never thought I'd read something like this where a woman is ranting about guys rejecting her for being too tall. Women usually reject guys because they're too short, but I can see where you're coming from.

There are guys who feel insecure in the presence of taller women because her height makes them feel demasculated. These guys are dependent on their height to make them feel like "the man" in the relationship. They are no different then the tall women who use the same excuse against short guys in the feminine context.

Obviously a man's height is not an issue to you which is great. I've met very few ladies taller than my 5'6 frame who place little to no importance in a man's height. The majority demand men taller than they are, especially tall ladies who are shorter than 6'0. Women who are taller than 6'0 feet don't have much choice and I've found them slightly more open to dating shorter guys but most still prefer and demand men taller than themselves.
I get rejected allll the time for my height. Men are pretty mean about it too... Not too long ago I had a guy ask me if I ever went on dates with other giants, and I've had plenty tell me they would have asked me out if I wasn't so tall. You can't dwell on it, because not everyone is going to be attracted to you... It only takes one person really

Old 04-01-2011, 02:46 PM

56 posts, read 171,361 times
I have always found tall women to be more attractive. The perfect women to me from a looks perspective are those that play Volleyball. There is nothing better than a tall, athletic woman in my book. But, as a shorter than average guy, my dreams of a volleyball girl are probably out. I have no problem with a woman being taller. In my opinion a woman who is willing to date someone shorter than her has more character and is comfortable with herself as a woman.

Old 04-01-2011, 09:28 PM

343 posts, read 524,145 times
I'm done being sensitive to the short guys. Deal with it like I have to! I'm taller than average (5'8") and get rejected for it.

Maybe we can commiserate but don't be a hypocrite.

One subject we can agree on are shorties only wanting the tall dudes. Like a 5' 2" girl with a 6'3" guy. This doesn't apply to those who connected on other levels, just those petites who love to climb all over giants. Bah!

Old 04-02-2011, 08:31 AM

20 posts, read 46,150 times
Why is this so hard to comprehend?

Short Women: Top Demand
Tall Men: Second most demand
Tall Women: Third most demand
Short Men: Near Zero demand (circumstantial).

Taller women may not be as preferred as their compact counterparts, but they're still the choice for models, leggy attractiveness, do well in the business world (most female CEOs, respected business women) and sports. When we stop seeing the George Costanzas and Bud Bundys (short losers, living with parents, failure w/women, etc) on TV, and we see short male models, then maybe it would be another story.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships