Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-29-2011, 09:12 PM

4,868 posts, read 8,409,410 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdubs3201 View Post

--

She has been kind of hinting at that night and I think she wants me to say it again but I haven't yet. I think she wants to know that I really meant it. I did mean it, but again its still a little awkward to me to tell her again knowing she won't say it back. Maybe I'll do like a poster has previously stated and just wait for a special moment to tell her again. She may have the thought that I regret saying it or said it "in the moment" but I did really mean it, I'll just have to wait for the right time to tell her again.
I think that's a good strategy! Quit worrying so much . Your relationship sounds like its unfolding the way it should!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-29-2011, 09:21 PM

385 posts, read 859,056 times
My soon to be wife is Chinese and she is always telling me " don't tell me you love me with out showing me you love me ", now your lady may not be saying she loves you but, it sure sounds like she's showing you she does even if she doesn't realize it yet, give her some time and continue to tell and show her you love her.
Good luck.

Old 03-29-2011, 09:24 PM

2,163 posts, read 4,340,538 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mir86 View Post
I think that's a good strategy! Quit worrying so much . Your relationship sounds like its unfolding the way it should!
^this

Many years ago, well 1999, I told my then-boyfriend that I loved him. It just sort of slipped out when we were having a romantic moment (no, not in bed) but he didn't say it back. I kept my mouth shut after that, and about a month or so later he said it to me He said it several times a day after that, it was a pretty good relationship, at the time. Things didn't work out, but I'm reasonably certain it had nothing to do with me (a girl) saying "I love you" first.

It's nice that cdubs is in a good relationship, after all the whining about not being able to find anyone with online dating

Old 03-30-2011, 07:43 AM

2,068 posts, read 4,336,431 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
I completely disagree...in fact, I think that just really sounds absurd given everything he has posted about her.
Maybe emotional user was too harsh a label.
But I'm fairly certain she kneaded the 'I love you' out of him... because she wanted to hear it... even though she is not ready to say it herself.

Not necessarily a bad thing but... Anyone half-way observant can sense when that first 'I love you' is near, you can avoid it (not ready) or let it happen (ready or just needing some sweet words to make your day), this is especially true for women.

Old 03-30-2011, 11:38 AM

2,618 posts, read 6,162,457 times
It's not something I worried about, but we did talk about it a little last night after we had dinner at my aunt/uncle's house.

She had asked me again if I meant what I said the other night (referring to me saying "ILY"). I told her again that I did mean it, and she said she was just curious because it was toward the end of our little vacation while laying in bed and I hadn't said it to her again since.

I basically explained to her that I haven't usually had very good responses from women whom I've said it to in the past, and I told her that it didn't bother me that she didn't say it back, I'm just a little thrown off that you seem like you still want me to say it. I said that usually women who don't return the ILY usually don't want to hear it again as it makes them uncomfortable so I'm confused as to why you seem like you want to keep hearing it from me.

She said that she just wanted to make sure that I meant it, and she felt that maybe if she heard it a few more times out of me she might feel more comfortable saying it back, but she doesn't expect me to bombard her with it. She ended her reasoning saying that she just wants me to be honest and say it if I feel it, and that she's probably not far off from saying it, she just need more time to be comfortable with how fast our relationship has moved. It's only been a little over 3 months but feels much much longer.

Old 04-05-2011, 11:29 AM

As an update, I said it a third time over the span of a couple weeks and she ended up saying it back. I knew she did, she just wasn't ready to say it yet.

Old 04-05-2011, 11:32 AM

3,184 posts, read 4,846,187 times
Quote:
As an update, I said it a third time over the span of a couple weeks and she ended up saying it back. I knew she did, she just wasn't ready to say it yet.
Congrats! Awesome!!

Old 04-05-2011, 11:40 AM

42,831 posts, read 88,156,261 times
Quote:
Well, good for ya!

It'd never occur to me to count ILY's, but that's what "healthy" people do, I suppose...

Old 04-05-2011, 11:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
Well, good for ya!

It'd never occur to me to count ILY's, but that's what "healthy" people do, I suppose...
Well, knowing I only said it 3 times considering it's not something I've told anyone in a very long time....it's not really much effort to "count". I would think any reasonably intelligent person would be aware of this.

Now if I were to say it's only the 17th time I've told her, then yes, you could reasonably question my "health" but until then you may want to have someone evaluate your own.

Old 04-05-2011, 12:08 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,156,261 times
Quote:
Well, knowing I only said it 3 times considering it's not something I've told anyone in a very long time....it's not really much effort to "count". I would think any reasonably intelligent person would be aware of this.
Obviously, it's not about the counting itself. It's about this whole game of counting who says it first and whether and/or when the other one will say it at all.

Quote:
Now if I were to say it's only the 17th time I've told her, then yes, you could reasonably question my "health" but until then you may want to have someone evaluate your own.
No need - I HAVE evaluated my own! Have you heard me talking about being in relationships...?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships