Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-29-2011, 08:02 PM

3,409 posts, read 4,646,893 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HurricaneDC View Post
That's how I interpret it for the most part. But then it poses the question - what if you get so busy you don't have time for anything else, yknow? Like that's kind of how I'm feeling right now. I've got so much stuff to do for college that even if I did have the nuts to ask a girl out on a date, I wouldn't have the time (or much money honestly) to do it.
Ha, that's easy to do. You won't even remember their names when it gets like that. Sometimes it's for the best.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-29-2011, 08:05 PM

9,394 posts, read 15,698,726 times
Nah not for me :/ sure I'm busy/occupied/whatever but it's bloody stressful, and I don't have anyone to really lean on I guess. That's one of the biggest reasons I wish I had a girlfriend, the companionship.

Old 03-29-2011, 08:17 PM

Quote:
Nah not for me :/ sure I'm busy/occupied/whatever but it's bloody stressful, and I don't have anyone to really lean on I guess. That's one of the biggest reasons I wish I had a girlfriend, the companionship.
Lean on your best of the best friend. He WON'T EVER leave you down. I don't recall a gal ever walking with me in hostile conditions! He did though and still will continue to do it!

Old 03-29-2011, 08:28 PM

Ain't really got one :/

Old 03-29-2011, 08:44 PM

Quote:
Ain't really got one :/
That's too bad. Mine makes up for all the bad things women have done to me over the years X100.

Old 03-29-2011, 08:51 PM

I kinda find it easier to connect with certain women on a purely friends level, idk why.

Old 03-29-2011, 08:55 PM

Quote:
I kinda find it easier to connect with certain women on a purely friends level, idk why.
I'm the total opposite. That male bond is much stronger and far less drama......er what drama?

Old 03-29-2011, 08:56 PM

3,573 posts, read 6,476,977 times
Quote:
...but if you're not looking, how will you know it's there?

I have a problem with that saying because, well, it doesn't apply to anything else. I don't get an "A" on an exam when I'm not trying for it, I don't get a promotion when I'm not trying for it. So why don't you get love when you try for it?
You know everyone I've ever dated I was busy with my life and wasn't looking and found someone to be friends with and then took it to the other level. I think when you're busy with your life and not looking, you're not into the bs that sometimes goes with looking for someone. You're yourself and people see you as you really are. You're not giving off vibes that you're trying to impress someone to date.

I've had friends that made it their life mission to find a man. They'd go to bars, clubs, etc. to find them. They came up empty handed or found the wrong type of man. They were frustrated and said all man are dogs, etc. That's bs, not all men are dogs. They were just taking their frustrations out on a man when they should have looked within themselves and stopped going to meat markets to pick up men and think they could have a future with them.

They never understood why I had bfriends and they didn't. I would tell them my "secret" and they didn't want to wait for a person nor did they want to live their lives. So they kept looking in all the wrong places.

Also I think when you're looking, it shows that you're on the hunt and your body language might give off the vibe of neediness or desperation. I think that's why my friends could never find a guy is because of that.

So when you least expect it, you'll find someone.

Old 03-29-2011, 09:05 PM

2,163 posts, read 4,342,540 times
I stopped actively looking (got off all online dating sites) a few months ago. Well, I was paid up on match.com for a couple months after that, but once the subscription ran out I didn't renew it. I guess technically my profile is still visible, but I haven't logged in for a couple months.

Still don't have anyone special in my life.

Meh! I just learned how to scuba dive, still go out with my running group occasionally, work long hours at a job I enjoy, and get together with friends about once a week or so for drinks, dinner, etc. Mr. Right has not magically shown up at any of the various activities I enjoy. Life goes on.

Old 03-29-2011, 09:07 PM

6,041 posts, read 11,476,176 times
Quote:
Because there's no pressure to become more than friends, so you can just relax around her and not worry about whether she likes you in "that way"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships