Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-30-2011, 05:31 AM

4,423 posts, read 7,372,321 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HurricaneDC View Post
...but if you're not looking, how will you know it's there?

I have a problem with that saying because, well, it doesn't apply to anything else. I don't get an "A" on an exam when I'm not trying for it, I don't get a promotion when I'm not trying for it. So why don't you get love when you try for it?
Well, keep studying up for 'love', looking around for it, and all you'll do is scare away any prospective lovers. Relax, be yourself, and let someone find you attractive in normal, everyday circumstances.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-30-2011, 05:37 AM

4,423 posts, read 7,372,321 times
Quote:
That's how I interpret it for the most part. But then it poses the question - what if you get so busy you don't have time for anything else, yknow? Like that's kind of how I'm feeling right now. I've got so much stuff to do for college that even if I did have the nuts to ask a girl out on a date, I wouldn't have the time (or much money honestly) to do it.
You don't need money. I met my husband in the early 1970s when he was in the military. All we could afford to do was to go parking and occasionally see a movie. When he got out of the service he got his BSBA then his MBA. We've been married for 30 something years and if I was looking for $$$ I'd have missed out on a good life with a great man!

Old 03-30-2011, 05:49 AM

1,176 posts, read 2,197,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ipoetry View Post
You don't need money. I met my husband in the early 1970s when he was in the military. All we could afford to do was to go parking and occasionally see a movie. When he got out of the service he got his BSBA then his MBA. We've been married for 30 something years and if I was looking for $$$ I'd have missed out on a good life with a great man!
you cannot deny that money helps when you are part of the dating scene. you can't. anything is possible but money darn sure helps.

Old 03-30-2011, 05:54 AM

1,298 posts, read 2,239,734 times
I think it means that if you act out of desperation that you will settle for the first person that comes along and whispers sweet nothings to you...that person may not be the best for you...

I wasn't looking, and it has found me.

Old 03-30-2011, 05:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by round4 View Post
I think it means that if you act out of desperation that you will settle for the first person that comes along and whispers sweet nothings to you...that person may not be the best for you...

I wasn't looking, and it has found me.
it's a great feeling isn't it? i actually was looking at it turns out she works where i work. 8 years later i'm happier now that i was in the beginning. so there is no set, fast rule. you have to use common sense and not obsess though that's for sure.

Old 03-30-2011, 06:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pkrplr1 View Post
it's a great feeling isn't it? i actually was looking at it turns out she works where i work. 8 years later i'm happier now that i was in the beginning. so there is no set, fast rule. you have to use common sense and not obsess though that's for sure.
It is a great feeling. me and mine hooked up after our 25th High School reunion..

Old 03-30-2011, 06:09 AM

Quote:
It is a great feeling. me and mine hooked up after our 25th High School reunion..
that's way cool. you both showed up alone?

Old 03-30-2011, 06:13 AM

Yes, we did. I was part of the team that organized the event.

Then two days before the reunion I had to have back surgery. I was released fromt he hospital with strict orders to go home go to bed, but, no way was I missing this, I took some pain killers and off I went...My son drove me and picked me up...I didn't get to stay the whole time, but, it didn't take the whole time. He called the next day to check on me and it went from there.

Old 03-30-2011, 06:32 AM

27,232 posts, read 46,676,881 times
Quote:
...but if you're not looking, how will you know it's there?

I have a problem with that saying because, well, it doesn't apply to anything else. I don't get an "A" on an exam when I'm not trying for it, I don't get a promotion when I'm not trying for it. So why don't you get love when you try for it?
I don't know, I've found a lot of things when I stopped "trying" and just let it happen. My pool game is better when I don't "try" and stress over it, and just let it flow.

Old 03-30-2011, 06:37 AM

Quote:
Yes, we did. I was part of the team that organized the event.

Then two days before the reunion I had to have back surgery. I was released fromt he hospital with strict orders to go home go to bed, but, no way was I missing this, I took some pain killers and off I went...My son drove me and picked me up...I didn't get to stay the whole time, but, it didn't take the whole time. He called the next day to check on me and it went from there.
congratulations, very happy for you!! i love love
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships