Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-04-2011, 04:59 PM

629 posts, read 1,234,046 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jefetio View Post
Get a hobby and treat him like a boyfriend. Pretend you don't know everything there is to know about him, and you might be surprised to learn something new.
I'm going to remember this for my relationship.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-04-2011, 05:14 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,739,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1bright_future View Post
there's different types of "love"..

Long term co-habitual love

and

Short term crazy passionate love

There are many single 35+ women now a days who CHOSE to be single still, b.c they believe in the lie of Long term passionate love. They will never find someone that could provide that, and they can never provide that to another. It is not possible. They have set their sights, literally out of this world, and are going to end up alone or have to settle with someone way below what they would've gotten if they understood real love in the first place.

You nor anyone else will ever be fully satisfied in this life. No matter how much money or possessions or friends or spiritual strength you obtain, there will still be something huge missing in your life.

Sadly, I think you really believe that! But speak for yourself, because you sure don't speak for me and others like me. Personally I am HUGELY satisfied with my life and have absolutely nothing missing.

Additionally, you seem to think "Long term co-habitual love and Short term crazy passionate love" are an EITHER/OR type of thing.

It is entirely possilbe to have them TOGETHER, AT THE SAME TIME, not just one or the other

Old 04-04-2011, 11:10 PM

1,549 posts, read 2,583,778 times
I don't know if it's in your budget, but going on a vacation can be very helpful. Something about getting away together in a hotel room always spices things up. Even if it is one night in the town over, I highly recommend it.

Old 04-05-2011, 12:02 AM

4,098 posts, read 7,108,082 times
First off, I would totally disregard foolish posts like post #8 made by 1bright_future, who, it appears does not believe in any kind of future.

If your life is boring you need to make some changes, because one way or another a boring life can sometimes lead to changes that are not good for your marriage. I don't know how old your two kids are and if you are able to set aside a little money for just the two of you or not. Plan something that is different, something that you both will enjoy, away from your home and away from your kids, if at all possible. A cruise probably isn't out of reach for you, and is one of the least expensive vacations you can take. What is your ideal dream vacation? Is it possible to make that come true? Have either of you thought of a new hobby? Making your marriage all that it can be takes some work, don't sit by and let it deteriorate.

Old 04-05-2011, 01:17 AM

570 posts, read 882,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nite Ryder View Post
First off, I would totally disregard foolish posts like post #8 made by 1bright_future, who, it appears does not believe in any kind of future.

To anyone who has studied philosophy/psychology/religion, it is obvious that there will always be something missing, of which this world can not provide for you. I'm sorry if you didn't understand my post. Too many people think in terms of imagination- like plots of disney movies, instead of what is really achievable in this life.

Old 04-05-2011, 01:27 AM

19,893 posts, read 18,447,268 times
Are you kidding, been married a long long time, in my early Well you know, got married young. Yep we know each other inside out, have great communication, great sex, but also we are learning something new all the time, whether it be something with the home, we are learning to do new, or something to spice up our relationship. My husband never knows what to expect with me, i am a tease, and that is how you keep the ball rolling, his eyes on you, i look pretty darn good for my age, keep myself up, and dress kind of sexy. I am very spontaneous, he never ever knows what i am going to do or be wearing, life is too short, have fun.
And yes act as if you are on a date, you will be surprise the new things you might learn, try it.
Things can get boring, being with one person for such a long long time, but if you change it up, do new exciting things together, in the home, out of the home, in bed, things will happen. We have so much fun now, and yes the fire is still burning.

Old 04-05-2011, 01:40 AM

37,135 posts, read 42,222,200 times
There are lot's of ways to have fun but both people have got to want to do it and be on the same page. The trouble happens when one looks outside the marriage when they get bored rather that make changes at home or accept that their spouse isn't always going to be able to keep them entertained. That happens a lot, usually followed by "I didn't mean for it to happen but...".

Long term relationships, 20+ years, are going to have some boring times, some hard time, some downright awful times. Some people just don't understand that and see it as a sign of failure and then they run.

Old 04-05-2011, 04:17 AM

1,786 posts, read 2,877,714 times
Default Yes in deed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by california-jewel View Post
Are you kidding, been married a long long time, in my early Well you know, got married young. Yep we know each other inside out, have great communication, great sex, but also we are learning something new all the time, whether it be something with the home, we are learning to do new, or something to spice up our relationship. My husband never knows what to expect with me, i am a tease, and that is how you keep the ball rolling, his eyes on you, i look pretty darn good for my age, keep myself up, and dress kind of sexy. I am very spontaneous, he never ever knows what i am going to do or be wearing, life is too short, have fun.
And yes act as if you are on a date, you will be surprise the new things you might learn, try it.
Things can get boring, being with one person for such a long long time, but if you change it up, do new exciting things together, in the home, out of the home, in bed, things will happen. We have so much fun now, and yes the fire is still burning.
It is all in our IMAGINATION!! and creativity... why do some achieve great things??? it all begins with our thoughts and our imagination... YES keep things fresh and change it up a bit... great post!! I agree

Old 04-05-2011, 12:25 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,739,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1bright_future View Post
To anyone who has studied philosophy/psychology/religion, it is obvious that there will always be something missing, of which this world can not provide for you. I'm sorry if you didn't understand my post. Too many people think in terms of imagination- like plots of disney movies, instead of what is really achievable in this life.
And SOME of us actually manage to acheive all we want/desire out of life, go figure

Old 04-05-2011, 12:39 PM

2,068 posts, read 4,337,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2justynsarah View Post
Anybody else in a long standing relationship and at the point where you are just kinda bored. It's the same old routine, same old story, you know one another inside and out. You may have kids and just living each day the same way. One day turns into the next and so on..

If this is you, what do you do to spice things up? This is usually how or why people tend to step outside relationship..They are looking for something different and new...thoughts?
take a vacation.
change your routine.
do sports or something.

You have to exercise your mind and body (start with yourself) and that is the doorway to being happy and content with someone else....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships