Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-15-2011, 04:52 PM

629 posts, read 1,234,046 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sydney1987 View Post
No maybe it's because she didn't agree with the advice coming from me and needed to find out for herself. And didn't want to blindly follow someone's opinion. THAT's using her brain. And exercising her free will. If it causes more problems, so be it. To each his/her own path. You seem kind of condescending about that. What makes you think you have THE solution?
I said she AGREES to follow the advice then turns around and doesn't follow it. Then comes back and asks for more advice. I don't think you get what I mean. Infatuated people will obsess over a person all they and act all happy when they are with them. But if there's a problem the infatuated person will seek help desperately but never follow it. The risk is too high for them and they'd rather take the abuse as long as they can stay with them. Have you ever talked to an extremely infatuated person?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-17-2011, 01:56 PM

1,090 posts, read 1,834,539 times
yea i can see how frustrating that would be

Old 04-17-2011, 02:27 PM

146 posts, read 250,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sydney1987 View Post
How do you know it's love and not infatuation?
In a nutshell infatuation can be instant. Infatuation is based on your image of a person and is almost always gone if you ever catch them. Infatuation can leave just as easily as it came. Love has to be nurtured, love takes time to grow. Love isn't going anywhere for a while. Even if the relationship ends a part of you can love a person for the rest of your life.

Old 04-17-2011, 02:45 PM

3 posts, read 3,020 times
Good Question...
Infatuation is all encompassing and it's more about you then it is about them. It's about what you want in someone and projecting those qualities onto someone else.

Love is finding someone with whom you have a connection, and they may not be perfect (and surely no one is perfect) and they may do things that you don't like, or you woudlnt' have choosen for them, but it doesn't matter, because you love them for who they are, not 'who you think they are'. Love is wanting the best for the person you love, even at your own sacrifice. You're willing to give them the world just to have them in your lifeand be able to show them the love you have for them. Love changes and grows, and makes you think about yourself growing as individual as well as being part of a couple.

Infatuation, you have a choice to end it whenever you want, with Love, you can't. Once you love someone, you love them. If you can walk away easy, then that's infatuation, and not love.

I've come to these conclusions because there is someone who I very much love. It's complicated and not easy, but it doesn't matter, cause at the end of the day, I love this man with all my heart, he's my Superman.

Syd

P.S. Good choice on Screen-name, its one I used on another site, and when my bf saw this site and ur name, he thought for a second that it was me
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships