Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-27-2012, 12:32 PM

6,548 posts, read 7,281,206 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxbabeechick View Post
I strongly doubt you date very many women at all, so I call sampling bias.
I doubt that lots of men take you out. Same thing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-27-2012, 12:35 PM

3,052 posts, read 4,306,873 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by onihC View Post
I doubt that lots of men take you out. Same thing.
Yeah, that's sellable.

Old 09-28-2012, 08:15 AM

16,489 posts, read 24,485,615 times
So if the woman pays half of each date, what happens to you guys 3 date rule?

Old 09-28-2012, 12:31 PM

14,078 posts, read 16,616,844 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brokencrayola View Post
Maybe then they would be wiling to extend it to a 4-date rule.

Old 09-28-2012, 12:41 PM

13,285 posts, read 15,310,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brokencrayola View Post
If men pay half as much, then the 3 date rule should also be halfed.

Sex on the 1 and half date

Old 10-02-2012, 07:04 PM

1,241 posts, read 1,895,987 times
I think it's in poor taste for him to ask you to pay. While I can understand that you two have been dating for a while and he might be checking to see if you are into him and are capable of giving back then I understand.
If on the next date he does the same thing, you can politely decline his invitation to pay and inform him nicely that you will suggest something another time. Start following the rule of: if he asks you out then he should pay. Now depending on how often he takes you out then every now and then you can call him (initiate) and say, how about we have dinner Friday night; my treat?
Negative on paying for your half in the future, unless you want him to be your platonic buddy.

Old 10-02-2012, 07:21 PM

9,659 posts, read 10,230,482 times
Wait there are rules?

Damn, someone needs to give me a list, I only have been taught proper etiquette and the common laws.

I also have common sense, but I'm not familiar at all with the three date rules and what ever that is, is there a paper with these things written down that I can read?

I'm not very good at these unwritten rules.

Old 10-03-2012, 11:47 AM

6,548 posts, read 7,281,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHurricaneKid View Post
Wait there are rules?

Damn, someone needs to give me a list, I only have been taught proper etiquette and the common laws.

I also have common sense, but I'm not familiar at all with the three date rules and what ever that is, is there a paper with these things written down that I can read?

I'm not very good at these unwritten rules.
Imagine if there were rules too about how women should be the ones who take care of cooking and cleaning without complaining the same way all these women enforce these rules about how men should ask, pay, initiate, and so on.

I am lucky to be in a relationship where gender entitlements and rules are thrown out the window. We are just nice to each other regardless of gender and being nice to each other means BOTH taking care of expenses, BOTH romancing each other, BOTH taking initiative, BOTH doing chores, etc. No record keeping, nothing. It just comes out naturally. Different culture or whatever it is, it works fine so far.

Old 10-03-2012, 12:40 PM

20,764 posts, read 19,981,005 times
I think you are all pretty mean to the posters guy.

SHE missed to offer paying at least part of the previous tabs and now HE is a jerk because HE finally asks her to pay some??? REALLY?

I think he asked in a nice way and I think any woman who goes out with a guy should start paying her share after a few dates. Everything else is just selfish and unfair.

If she is really THAT poor, she can offer to cook for him or take him on a picnic. But girls: don't let him take you to nice restaurants and have him spend all your money on you. If I like a guy, I don't want him broke.

If the guy is rich - different story.

Old 10-03-2012, 01:15 PM

1,344 posts, read 4,765,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by onihC View Post
BOTH romancing each other, BOTH taking initiative, BOTH doing chores, etc. No record keeping, nothing. It just comes out naturally. Different culture or whatever it is, it works fine so far.
Ha, nice to think about, but extremely rare I bet.

Women need to stop being so passive and initiate more. That would eliminate half the problems you see on this forum.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships