Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-02-2011, 09:44 PM

4,868 posts, read 8,431,172 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
I don't particularly care for recent transplants. As you've said, it's a transient town and people come and go.

There is something to that...
ya that makes sense, though they tend to be recent transplants for me cause that's just how it goes in your 20's.

and yes, all my friends that aren't from here see the weirdness in the people that are from here! I'm glad I'm not the only one!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-02-2011, 09:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Vanderburgh View Post
I'm totally worth it.
uhuh...

Old 05-02-2011, 09:46 PM

3,261 posts, read 5,320,158 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mir86 View Post
Cute story! My dad dragged my mother to the states...she curses that day!
Oh believe me, he's had a few choice words over the years, especially in the beginning.

Old 05-02-2011, 09:46 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,369,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mir86 View Post
ya that makes sense, though they tend to be recent transplants cause that's just how it goes in your 20's.
That's pretty common in all age brackets.

Quote:
and yes, all my friends that aren't from here see the weirdness in the people that are from here!
Thankfully, they're very rare birds.

Old 05-02-2011, 09:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by robee70 View Post
Oh believe me, he's had a few choice words over the years, especially in the beginning.
yep, like my mother! she barely spoke english!

Old 05-02-2011, 09:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
That's pretty common in all age brackets.

Thankfully, they're very rare birds.
true, for some reason I thought young people move all over the place all the time more often than older generations do.

and yes, glad they're rare birds!

Old 05-02-2011, 09:54 PM

1,098 posts, read 1,871,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimac20 View Post
Is it really to do with the quality of the men out there or are they simply too picky, holding out for something which does not exist or is so rare in real life? Their criteria often sounds simple enough: someone caring, kind, funny, smart blah blah, these traits aren't exactly rare, yet women complain they can't find Mr. Right or even get a decent date. Fellas, doesn't that annoy you somewhat? They complain because out of the dozens of suitors none meets their lofty standards (or rather, they ***** and moan about the last three when they knew they were getting themselves into ) while a lot of guys can't even find a woman to be abusive to him? lol

Or maybe the other answer, that what you see on TV isn't a real reflection on real life, and is full of women who think they don't really need men, yet constantly whine and complain that they can't find that special someone.
Because they're just that stupid? I mean who the heck believes in such fairy tales in this day and age? The ones that claim they don't need one are compensating for that shrill bitterness... because no guy wants to put up with some psycho Jennifer Anniston wannabe.

Old 05-02-2011, 10:02 PM

48,709 posts, read 35,206,949 times
There's a huge difference between being able to find a decent man (or woman), and the decent one meant for you.

When I was single, I met all kinds of decent men.... just had no interest in them - they weren't the person for me. I can't see projecting not being able to find the person you click with on the population as a whole not being decent.

I think it is the difference between taking personal responsibility and blaming everyone else.

I guess that sounded funny.... The person I found is absolutely decent, AND the one for me.

Old 05-02-2011, 10:18 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,369,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
There's a huge difference between being able to find a decent man (or woman), and the decent one meant for you.

When I was single, I met all kinds of decent men.... just had no interest in them - they weren't the person for me. I can't see projecting not being able to find the person you click with on the population as a whole not being decent.

I think it is the difference between taking personal responsibility and blaming everyone else.

I guess that sounded funny.... The person I found is absolutely decent, AND the one for me.
That's true. Even I've come across decent men.

Old 05-02-2011, 10:19 PM

25,146 posts, read 54,063,600 times
Decent people is extremely rare. Most men are blithering, rotund, and obtuse bozos.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships