Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-23-2011, 02:51 PM

12,322 posts, read 17,160,008 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
Let me explain the difference. A year or two ago I would wait two or more weeks on top of not staying in contacting her.

Now I have a cell so I can text and call and keep her interested as we get closer to June 3rd
This is good..Just tell her you have work/life etc commitments. Make a date when you are ready and free.

I have done this myself, same situation. You will be more relaxed and at ease knowing you can have the date and have some bread left over
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-23-2011, 02:52 PM
FBJ FBJ started this thread

39,605 posts, read 59,096,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FelixTheCat View Post
Put off the summer clothes shopping for a couple weeks. If you can afford to buy new summer clothes, then you can afford to take her to lunch.

If you can't sacrifice clothes shopping, then set the date for 2 weeks from now, right now. Then tell her you have prior plans for the memorial day weekend and have a ton of errands and spring cleaning to do. That's kind of the truth anyway.
So you want me to see her NAKED? I obviously have to expand my wardrobe if I'm going to continue to see her as the season progresses. I only have about two summer shirts I can wear when I see her from last year. All the other ones have to be replaced. And the shirt that I wore when I saw her last night when do you think I can wear that again when I see her?-,lol

Old 05-23-2011, 02:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by D. Scott View Post
This is good..Just tell her you have work/life etc commitments. Make a date when you are ready and free.

I have done this myself, same situation. You will be more relaxed and at ease knowing you can have the date and have some bread left over

And since we both work the weekends would be the time we would see each other so I figured the upcoming HOLIDAY WEEKEND culd buy me some time until the following weekend

Old 05-23-2011, 03:02 PM

3,770 posts, read 6,754,632 times
Quote:
So you want me to see her NAKED? I obviously have to expand my wardrobe if I'm going to continue to see her as the season progresses. I only have about two summer shirts I can wear when I see her from last year. All the other ones have to be replaced. And the shirt that I wore when I saw her last night when do you think I can wear that again when I see her?-,lol
Have you ever gone to thrift stores like Goodwill? I hadn't gone to one in a decade and then one happened to be convenient to me so I checked it out. I'm trying to save money too. Because I lost some weight a lot of my clothes were not fitting anymore and I didn't want to spend several 100s to get a new wardrobe. If your wardrobe is too sparse, then it would be worth checking out to at least get a few items that are good quality brands.

Old 05-23-2011, 03:05 PM

Quote:
Have you ever gone to thrift stores like Goodwill? I hadn't gone to one in a decade and then one happened to be convenient to me so I checked it out. I'm trying to save money too. Because I lost some weight a lot of my clothes were not fitting anymore and I didn't want to spend several 100s to get a new wardrobe. If your wardrobe is too sparse, then it would be worth checking out to at least get a few items that are good quality brands.

A man who is 6'6 and weigh 275 can't shop at a thrift store

Old 05-23-2011, 03:06 PM

3,770 posts, read 6,754,632 times
Quote:
And since we both work the weekends would be the time we would see each other so I figured the upcoming HOLIDAY WEEKEND culd buy me some time until the following weekend

ok ok... you need to express that you enjoyed the first date and give her a follow up call this evening. tell her you would like to see her the following weekend after the holiday. then give her another follow up call a few days before the date.

i remember from an old thread, you would call/text women repeatedly, like multiple times a day. don't do that. that's crowding them. just call for asking her out and for following up because the date will be more than a week away.

Old 05-23-2011, 03:08 PM

22,278 posts, read 21,773,388 times
Quote:
The problem is I don't get to invite someone to my place who is dating material that often so I have lots of work to do before she steps foot in this apartment. The last time a girl who was dating material was in this apartment was 2005. Since then the only company I had here was the company I paid for.
What do you mean?

Old 05-23-2011, 03:08 PM

Quote:
ok ok... you need to express that you enjoyed the first date and give her a follow up call this evening. tell her you would like to see her the following weekend after the holiday. then give her another follow up call a few days before the date.

i remember from an old thread, you would call/text women repeatedly, like multiple times a day. don't do that. that's crowding them. just call for asking her out and for following up because the date will be more than a week away.
That is the plan

Old 05-23-2011, 03:11 PM

1,505 posts, read 1,813,314 times
If she likes you, she will understand that you are broke and will agree to do something free or go dutch. Two weeks is a long time after the first date. Be honest about your finances. If she is no longer interested because you are broke, she may not be the right one for you.

Old 05-23-2011, 03:18 PM

3 posts, read 3,099 times
I like the cheap / free date idea someone posted.... seems logical, if you really liked the person.... but if all your "plans and budget" are the priority, maybe the first date wasnt all that great after all and you might rethink asking for a second date. Personally, I would wait the "acceptable" amount of time between dates, but if I really liked the girl, seeing her again ..soon, became the priority, not budget
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships