Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-13-2011, 09:24 AM

1,133 posts, read 2,286,989 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by siteuser View Post
Not sure. I am nearly always with her... Except Friday's. She's not a philanderer, but just don't know... This is totally not her... She is usually very warm, direct and understanding. I tell her everything. While, I might not tell everything as it happens, I tell when I feel the time is right for me. I never asked her to be any different than she is. I do not understand...
I've had this issue with my current girlfriend as well.

The bottom line is this: if this is out of character for her, then don't look too much into it.

From what you've told us, it seems she was jealous and voiced it.

If you want to resolve it try telling her that you didn't realize things like this hurt her, and that from now on you will be more mindful of her feelings.

No need to break up, perpetuate this problem, or label her as controlling. She's just a woman with insecurities like everyone else.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-13-2011, 09:39 AM

2,687 posts, read 7,419,228 times
Thumbs down Sigh...

Quote:
Originally Posted by siteuser View Post
So we're going on to 7 months together, and I told her this Friday I had my palm read after dinner with a few friends. She said, you didn't tell me this before. I said, I didn't think it was a big deal. I only told you now cause it came into my head and since it was a positive read, I thought you would be happy with me sharing it with you. She got all disgusted and did a 180. Right before, she was very happy and smiling. After I said that, she left the room and was upset. Said I am very private and evasive. She said, well, if you are not going to tell me everything, then I do not think I need to tell you everything. We can see how you like it. Said this has happened before where I do not tell her everything. Or when I do, it is after the fact or she has to pull it out of me. I said, I did not think it was a big deal, and it is not done on purpose, this is just how I am. This was how I was raised. I keep things to myself and very private. She, is the opposite. I said, I am working on opening up more, and I do not try to be evasive on purpose. However, I will be more assertive on my actions and not try to be as you say I act. She said, it is what it is. I asked, are you not happy with us? She said, she's very happy with the relationship. I said I will working on this, as I do not even know I am coming off as being evasive. Then she said, if you are not happy with us, let me know. I said, I am very happy with our relationship. And I tell you everything before I tell others. So I do not know where this is coming from.

I do not know how this argument or disagreement started. All I said was that I had my palm read and she, apparently, was not happy that I told her a couple days after the fact. She said, when I was sick, it took me a month to tell her. While it did, I did not want to lean on her with my issues, and that was why. However, since I had to see numerous doctors and do numerous tests, I did share that. I also started to share other private things with her.

But again, I do not know how or what to do now. Her body language when I left her place was very upset even thought we hugged and kissed before we parted ways.
lol...sorry to tell ya but her rediculous moods are only going to get worse...not better. She should be happy you told her at all. Next time...if you set yourself up for any 'next times'...keep it to yourself, and isn't that a fine way to have a loving and nurturing relationship w/anyone. Personally, I'd tell her to pack up her attitude and take a long hike off a short pier.
Koale

Old 06-13-2011, 09:46 AM

25,157 posts, read 54,002,907 times
People who are very evasive and private/secretive in relationships usually have something bad to hide in my experiences. Also, it's really passive-aggressive. It's just best not to be in a relationship if you feel you must be evasive and secretive.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships