Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-25-2011, 10:47 PM

17,869 posts, read 20,992,952 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kshe95girl View Post
Lol......somehow, I dont think she was referring to you.
Well maybe not. I'm just gettin' the word out there.

Old 06-25-2011, 11:15 PM

19,046 posts, read 25,188,190 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by underthesun7 View Post
No, there are a lot more overweight women than men. However, there are a lot of overweight men too. I think as boys start relying on video games more rather than sports the percentage is going to increase.
Please stop fibbing. There are more obese women in the overweight category, but there are more overweight men in the US over all.

Quote:
Q: How many adults age 20 and older are overweight or obese (Body Mass Index, or BMI, > 25)? A: Over two-thirds of U.S. adults are overweight or obese.[4]
All adults: 68 percent
Women: 64.1 percent
Men: 72.3 percent

Q: How many adults age 20 and older are obese (BMI > 30)?
A: Over one-third of U.S. adults are obese.[4]
All adults: 33.8 percent
Women: 35.5 percent
Men: 32.2 percent
Source

That's an 8% difference for folk that are overweight. There are 8% more overweight men than women. So, not only is it not 50:50 between the sexes, women with BMIs <25 have fewer choices for similar weight counter parts with BMIs <25 and not only are more of you overweight, you're balding.

Old 06-25-2011, 11:31 PM

37,135 posts, read 42,203,740 times
I like guys with a little pudge but not guys who are obese. I don't like gym rats or guys who are all about their physical appearance either, they are usually very critical of women.

Old 06-25-2011, 11:50 PM

6,143 posts, read 7,554,658 times
The OP is probably too short and broke to date American women anyway.

Old 06-25-2011, 11:50 PM

1,589 posts, read 2,681,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
I like guys with a little pudge but not guys who are obese. I don't like gym rats or guys who are all about their physical appearance either, they are usually very critical of women.
That's my experience as well. A lot of gym rats are small to average men who are working out to overcome their biological handicap.

ETA: That's sounds unfair and maybe it is. If a guy has a desk job and makes working out part of his daily routine to stay healthy and fit, I can respect that.

Old 06-26-2011, 12:03 AM

21,192 posts, read 25,163,225 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by underthesun7 View Post
Actually I was thinking something more on the lines of introducing serious health and fitness classes at an early age. Children should not only understand, but want to live healthy lifestyles. They shouldn't be fed commercials about fast food. I think the reason women are heavier than men is due to lifestyle. Men are more active in sports when younger, as they get older that changes, and you see the fat gap close. However, I am young, and in my age bracket there are more fit men than women.
So - you start a thread asking men if they are attracted to all the obese American women - and then claim that you started this with the intent of introducing health and fitness classes at an early age??? Yeah... That makes a whole lot of sense.

Children should be encouraged to eat healthier and be more active. That's what Michelle Obama is trying to do. However - she goes about it in a productive way instead of a destructive way.

If that was honestly your intent - then you need to take a step back and do some serious reevaluating of your methods. However, if this was just another thread for you to bash American women - that's exactly how you came across and you were completely successful!

Old 06-26-2011, 01:29 AM

555 posts, read 877,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJBest View Post
I don't see the point of this thread... Obviously fat people are less attractive... There need not be a discussion to figure this out. Seems like another thread to bash the fatties to me.
What is so shocking is how many women are way overweight and unconcerned about it. That is their prerogative.

Old 06-26-2011, 01:40 AM

27,957 posts, read 39,771,359 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dogwalker425 View Post
The OP is probably too short and broke to date American women anyway.
Makes me glad I am 10 foot tall and bullet proof.

It is more about what is going on in the head more than how she looks that matters to me. If there is a major health issue going on due to obesity and they refuse to do anything about it then, yes that would be hang up.

However meat on her bones is desirable.

Old 06-26-2011, 04:04 AM

7,454 posts, read 13,425,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaolin070388 View Post
Not everyone is overweight because they eat a lot or don't exercise much. There is evidence of people having those genes, just like skinny people are that way because of genes.
False, thats a cop out.

Old 06-26-2011, 04:05 AM

109 posts, read 160,068 times
i'll try to be brief..

fastfood is completely pervasive in the united states, and healthy food is always more expensive than less-nutritional food (this makes sense)

public transit is far less developed than in other countries, hence it's car-culture here (nevermind that this is expensive, unhealthy and bad for the environment)(this makes sense)

consider the above and combine it with the fact that women generally do less physically-laborious work- and yes indeed, the women here tend to be disproportionately overweight

the odd thing is, that american women have an inbuilt sense of self-entitlement, partially instilled by various aspects of the media, being rasied in a comparatively rich country, and the fact that the men have had their heads up the womens' asses for too long- hence you have these women that think themselves varying degrees of princesses, and that they should be treated as such, regardless of whether their physical appearance (or internal worth) warrants it (it's a bit peculiar to stand back and see)

i'm american, 36, single, have met various types of women through various mediums, and this is my opinion (it's actually more fact, any guy here will chime in with the same opinion, i guarantee it)

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships