Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-04-2011, 02:28 PM

8,679 posts, read 15,270,611 times

Advertisements

You might get some more insight here, including how NOT to handle it:

[URL]http://www.city-data.com/forum/relationships/1100106-bored-frustrated-sex-life.html[/URL]
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-04-2011, 02:50 PM

37 posts, read 60,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wawaweewa View Post
There can only be one of a few reasons, right?

a) She's getting it somewhere else. She needs you for the family side but not for sex.

b) There's a chemical or psychological imbalance which severely limits her libido

c) she's not as happy with you or the marriage as you think .
OP, take this very good advice above. Men who think that sex is everything in a relationship are often clueless to other problems and issues that have been brewing over the years.

It is likely that she is no longer in love with you and has moved on but she is not ready to tell you yet until she feels more comfortable and secure in ending the marriage. You may have an opening here to repair your relationship before it is broken.

Old 07-07-2011, 06:52 PM

31,064 posts, read 22,086,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 20yrsinBranson View Post
Women, typically lose their fertility in their late 40s and early 50s. In nature it would not make sense to continue having a sex drive beyond that point. Being in my mid-50s I have no interest in sex, and if anything I find the preoccupation that the rest of the world seems to have with it rather off-putting. I mean COME ON, in the grand scheme of things there are a great many more important things to think about.

Your implication that not having an interest in sex is abnormal or indicates some kind of illness (physically or mental), is insulting and incorrect.

20yrsinBranson
Absolutely! People and especially people on public forums like to group people in set little groups.

All people run the full gammit from: "Asexual" to others that want sex 10 hours a day. There is no real normal!

It really is not abnormal for people to have different wants and needs especially after 10 years of marriage. The idea that we all have to have sex 2.5 days a week in the missionary position and switch to one other style every other week is the incorrect model. Some people after 10 years have no sex and others are having threesomes. Not saying you can't improve it but it's not really that far out there!

Old 07-09-2011, 05:17 PM

3,327 posts, read 4,358,452 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 20yrsinBranson View Post
Women, typically lose their fertility in their late 40s and early 50s. In nature it would not make sense to continue having a sex drive beyond that point. Being in my mid-50s I have no interest in sex, and if anything I find the preoccupation that the rest of the world seems to have with it rather off-putting. I mean COME ON, in the grand scheme of things there are a great many more important things to think about.

Your implication that not having an interest in sex is abnormal or indicates some kind of illness (physically or mental), is insulting and incorrect.

20yrsinBranson
I was assuming the OP's wife is nowhere near 50.
If she was, I'd also assume that he wouldn't be asking this question because the most likely answer would be obvious.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships