Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-03-2011, 06:10 AM

24,665 posts, read 69,710,891 times

Advertisements

It can be REALLY bad!

A couple of years ago I conducted an experiment to see exactly how one frequent CD contributor (who of course shall remain nameless but frequents online dating sites) would actually respond to an overture. It didn't take any time at all to do a quick check and find an email address for him. The following is a true copy of the emails we exchanged over a few days. My fabricated person is blue, his scintillating repartee is in red.

Susan from (town) said email you bc ur not her type but thinks ur mine and could be friends. Not looking to be married not yet, 28, engaged to hs sweetheart but he was killed in train crash five years past,five nine size 16, librarian, PT little league coach, no kids but got into it by neighbor kid LOL, like it. Like watching contact sport, relax at home, some travel, family from upstate NY.Drink sometimes like holidays LOL, dont smoke, not into bar scene, like movies, reading and cooking. U? My names Penelope and my friends call me PR.

Susan from (town) with the ********@aol.com email?

Sounds funny but dk. Thought this might be a joke and still not sure LOL bc it came from a friend of a friend and sometimes people do dumb things. I know some people who go on dating websites but Ive never done that and I dont spend much time on any computer but for work. The more I think about it the more I think its a joke on me, a silly girl thing. Might see the friend who gave me your address this we and will ask. Feeling a bit stupid now.

Is Susan from (town) a light skin black woman who is 34?

Like I said don't know cause got it 2nd 3rd hand. Can tell youre uncomfortable so forget it, sorry.

Well why won't you tell me about yourself

Thought I did in my original 2u but know nothing bout u. Will hopefully find out if this is a joke this we. Little League tonite so long day.

how old are you. what is your race, and how tall are you?

What can be said. No wonder some people have a hard time getting dates period.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-23-2013, 12:15 AM

1 posts, read 554 times
Yes see the perspective how men can get rejected with no message back. It goes for woman as well as men use woman as toy for sex for play when go out date never call back. It goes both ways when talking about online dating. Online dating is not perfect at all but is way to meet people when you are busy and have more options to choose from. Online dating is not for serious relationship mostly for hook ups.

Old 09-23-2013, 04:14 AM

2,351 posts, read 7,092,582 times
Online dating is more thrilling but just harder when you need to fix a fight especially if one is in the other side of the world.

Old 09-23-2013, 04:17 AM

2,351 posts, read 7,092,582 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lighteninghouse View Post
Yes see the perspective how men can get rejected with no message back. It goes for woman as well as men use woman as toy for sex for play when go out date never call back. It goes both ways when talking about online dating. Online dating is not perfect at all but is way to meet people when you are busy and have more options to choose from. Online dating is not for serious relationship mostly for hook ups.
There are many happy endings in online dating too .

Old 09-23-2013, 11:47 AM

10,029 posts, read 10,894,931 times
Online dating is really bad and I hated it. It felt like scraping the bottom of the barrel with some of these guys.

Old 09-23-2013, 12:29 PM

878 posts, read 942,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderlust76 View Post
It's actually very good for women that like to serial date or even a relationship. Not good for men at all...not at all. You spend hours upon hours writing letters and never getting anything back. Or you talk to a lot of flakey women that are playing the field and are just stringing you along in case they need a dinner date one night.
Gotta work up a boiler-plate first message that reads like you spent hours on it. Maybe you did, the FIRST time but there's no reason that content can't be re-used, perhaps tweaked to an individual. There's no reason to re-invent the wheel every time someone interests you.

Think of it like re-usable code for the web. Jquery comes to mind.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships