Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-04-2011, 11:36 PM

2,501 posts, read 3,647,991 times

Advertisements

Texas User, I kind of understand what you mean by that. Regardless of gender, people feel pain when the person they have feelings for doesn't reciprocate their feelings and it would only cause them further pain being around the person they like knowing they don't like them back.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-04-2011, 11:46 PM

223 posts, read 166,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CancerianMoonPrincess View Post
Texas User, I kind of understand what you mean by that. Regardless of gender, people feel pain when the person they have feelings for doesn't reciprocate their feelings and it would only cause them further pain being around the person they like knowing they don't like them back.
And when you get rejected by all then you feel pain being around all and then pain leads into anger.........................

Right? right?

Old 07-05-2011, 12:23 AM

14,767 posts, read 17,109,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobThe View Post
Ponder that awhile as you consider that the angry old man you are communicating with would never have gotten angry if just one! 1! woman out of thousands would have given him a chance.
there's not much to ponder with such a ridiculous statement.

the chicken or the egg, Bob.

Old 07-05-2011, 12:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by artemis agrotera View Post
there's not much to ponder with such a ridiculous statement.

the chicken or the egg, Bob.
Not a ridiculous statement even though you want to believe that it is.

Old 07-05-2011, 12:37 AM

14,767 posts, read 17,109,412 times
Quote:
Not a ridiculous statement even though you want to believe that it is.

If you think male rejection is the equivalent to rape, you're in the minority.

Its actually offensive and insulting to people who have had such an experience.

Old 07-05-2011, 12:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by artemis agrotera View Post
If you think male rejection is the equivalent to rape, you're in the minority.

Its actually offensive and insulting to people who have had such an experience.
Rejection is offensive and insulting to people too but when its constant rejection by women then its constantly being offended and insulted by women.

Old 07-05-2011, 01:05 AM

1,841 posts, read 3,173,009 times
Directed towards the OP...

lol..I know the friend zone exists but there is no "one" answer as to why some men end up there or why..

All I can do is state my opinion based from personal experience..

PERSONALLY speaking I can debunk the theory that less attractive men get put into the friend zone..
I have gone out on dates with very physically attractive men that I just do connect with on a emotional level..meaning personalities are not meshing, the vibe isn't there...I love conversations about any subject, I love a good hearty laugh and a little rib humor..even sarcastic at times since this reflects my humor..
But this is not to say I do not want to be friends with them or hang out from time to time, go to a sports bar and watch the game or to a movie..I have alot of guy friends whom I do this with.

The circumstances on how you meet someone also determines alot. If I meet someone at a friends bbq, a game, a boxing match I am most commonly going to establish a buddy relationship since I am a tom boy by nature...If I do not feel that chemistry when we talk? Friends for sure.

Friends you have known for some time? That have developed feelings? Just awkward..It is almost like incest..because we have had a bro and sis relationship for so long that I cannot see you any other way...and because I value the relationship that much I would never risk getting romantically involved and it not working out and losing the exisiting bond..
It shouldnt be that complicated but sometimes it can be..

Old 07-05-2011, 01:18 AM

1,841 posts, read 3,173,009 times
Quote:
Sure women have a sixth sense or feminine "intuition" and can "look inside a person".....................

Suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuurrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrreeee eeeeeee.

That's why so many of womens marriage choices go bad?

Looks! It's all looks. Your friends here are saying it too so kindly remove your head out of the sand.

Rejection. It came first. TOO! MUCH! REJECTION! my friend and THAT is why I'm (in your words not mine) a "mess" on the inside. Hey, I'm a "mess" on the outside too but at least I know what the cure is and I'm not afraid to say it.
This is such a generalized statement that you are naming for the entire population of women....
You have stated that perhaps it is because you are plain/ugly? This is your perception and only you can change this..
Tell me something...If someone were to come up to you and did not you from adam and made a blanket statement..."You are stupid and do not know the meaning of love" Would you believe this person?
I am hoping you will say NO...
Rejection is the same...how you came up with the conclusion that this must mean it is because women are all about looks and how deep the pockets go? Is beyond me...
I think I am average on the outside because I have chosen not to base who I am on looks..why? Because in about 40 years it is not going to matter...I want someone who may have been lured intitally because of the wrapping but took the time to unwrap me and liked what he saw inside and this is what makes him stay...

This is my approach as well and despite popular belief I have been interested in very good looking men only to find them lacking mental stimulation...I just do not want to look at my shiny new toy and play with him all the time only to find out he is a one trick pony..not my first rodeo..

With that said I have been with men that I was completely head over heels for and my friends meet him and say ""Seriously? Really?" But to me I can see no wrong because we get on so good!

Old 07-05-2011, 01:53 AM

5,460 posts, read 7,759,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
You guys are silly. Plenty of women introduce guys they aren't personally interested in to their other single girl friends, especially if the guy is in the "friend zone" and the girl consideres him a decent human being. Girls all like different things about guys and I assume the reverse is true. I know my own kids are constantly being set up by opposite sex friends.
You're lucky and blessed indeed then, friend -- in recent years past, I tactfully and politely asked about say 10-15 female friends (many of which who had friend-zoned me IRL) for assistance with introducing to me to their single female friends. I even asked my own female sibling, who prolly knew me better than anyone. Not one person I asked was seriously willing to help me though. Not one. And I am not bad-looking, and am sufficiently successful in the financial / professional area.

Again (as it bears repeating)...not one female friend, not even my own sister, was willing to help me Dunno if it's just a D.C. / local thing or not...I have no clue either, why they appeared to be so unwilling to help. Then again, I am no longer exactly friends with them anymore (excluding my sister of course), btw (ETA: ppl in D.C. do not tend to make really long-term, bff-type of friends, FWIW...of course, YMMV.)

Old 07-05-2011, 03:32 AM

7,492 posts, read 11,825,030 times
I can see the argument that less-attractive/social guys could be friend-zoned, but I work with a guy who is pretty good-looking and extremely outgoing and he's friends with a lot of ladies. What exactly "friend" means in my generation OTOH I may not be privy to...

I friend-zone people if a)they don't have a lot in common with me or something we don't have in common is a big thing for me, b) I'm just not attracted, no matter how attractive the person may be (I've met some pretty good-looking guys that I'm just not attracted to). And if we have different life goals that can't mesh then that's a no-brainer.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships