Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: What most closely describes your online dating experience
Very good, found the One or met people that exceeded my expectations. Highly recomended 3 11.54%
Met a few nice people and would do it again 7 26.92%
Met some people who exagerated but were eh still ok. May or may not online date in the future 7 26.92%
He or she misrepresented theirselves to the point of turning me off to online dating 6 23.08%
The people I met were complete liars. The pictures were not even there own. 2 7.69%
Went on date with Psychopath and may have been risking my life 1 3.85%
Voters: 26. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-12-2011, 10:08 AM

2,618 posts, read 6,165,259 times

Advertisements

I could say I've had a number of all those experiences. I've had LTR's result that were great while they lasted, met some cool women that we just didn't have a connection, and met some that didn't look like their pictures and ended rather quickly.

It's a mixed bag. Ultimately, I won't go back. I weigh personality and attitude very high among other attributes, and I used to think with online dating I could tailor my search to women that shared those same values and I was sorely mistaken. Even if they spell out "this is what I believe" in their profile it isn't always true. Everyone wants to describe themselves as honest and happy but the fact is many people aren't. That, and as a man the online dating situation is not to my benefit. I found myself lowering standards and accepting dates with women that I later realized was a mistake to meet with. I just wanted to get out there and date and/or get my money's worth for paying a monthly fee.

I don't like to date just anyone and I'm not looking for just ANY relationship, so online dating doesn't fit a guy like me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships