Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-19-2011, 09:01 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,162,128 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaoistDude View Post
Monogamy I know well, but I'm afraid that I do now know you well! So, I wouldn't know if Monogamy has a problem with you, but Monogamy is a very strict, old-fashioned lady. I think she's Baptist, actually.
I meant this Baptist lady seems to have a problem with YOU!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-19-2011, 09:08 PM

5,987 posts, read 10,471,479 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
I meant this Baptist lady seems to have a problem with YOU!
Ah! Granted, Baptist ladies and I do not generally find ourselves in agreement on many issues, but I'll gladly stay out of their bedrooms if they stay out of mine. Monogamy and I are not a good match, but I "did" Monogamy for well over 30 years, and she had no complaints!

Old 07-19-2011, 09:10 PM

Quote:
Ah! Granted, Baptist ladies and I do not generally find ourselves in agreement on many issues, but I'll gladly stay out of their bedrooms if they stay out of mine. Monogamy and I are not a good match, but I "did" Monogamy for well over 30 years, and she had no complaints!
Good! For your wife's sake I hope Ms. Monogamy still has no complaints!

Old 07-19-2011, 09:18 PM

5,987 posts, read 10,471,479 times
Quote:
Good! For your wife's sake I hope Ms. Monogamy still has no complaints!
Mrs. Taoist has no complaints, rest assured. Ms. Monogamy is an ex and no longer welcome in my bedroom. I'm not sure how you'll interpret that, but since all is really good here in Taoist-land, have fun with it!

Old 07-19-2011, 09:24 PM

4,978 posts, read 9,514,655 times
I have had that happen too, where marrieds, who claimed to be single, wanted to exchange messages, here and other sites.
It depends on the nature of the conversation, like if they were asking me about living in some place, or some political discussion.

But I find some want to see if they can get a girl snagged and string her along..

As soon as you ask if they want to talk on the phone, they go cold. That's your cue. They spend a lot of time yapping it up with messages, but a phone call becomes a record.

I don't get these married men who need so much attention. It seems really weird. If I was married, I wouldn't be writing single men trying to get them to pay attention to me.

Old 07-19-2011, 09:25 PM

Quote:
Mrs. Taoist has no complaints, rest assured. Ms. Monogamy is an ex and no longer welcome in my bedroom. I'm not sure how you'll interpret that, but since all is really good here in Taoist-land, have fun with it!
I suspected so all along. It's not a shock.

Old 07-19-2011, 09:40 PM

12,940 posts, read 21,622,832 times
Quote:
Just had this vision of TaoistLand - the amusement park for Taoists.

What a beautiful - but scary! - place.

Old 07-19-2011, 10:32 PM

4,164 posts, read 6,316,466 times
Quote:
Looks like my post came across wrong... I'm sorry. I didn't mean to say you're a bad person or anything. It's just that you don't post much and you're not into flirting. It seems strange that somebody will spring this onto you out of the blue... That's all.
Thanks for "knowing me!"...I think I might have been a "random target." You're right...I'm not a flirt. A lot of my posts have been about my husband and what we had together and how much I miss him!...I never talk about being interested in meeting someone else right now....Anyway I hope married men stay away from me from now on! YUK! They should put more energy into their marriages!

Old 07-19-2011, 11:56 PM

8,515 posts, read 16,184,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
Yep, that's happened to me a few times. Some men are nice to talk to and don't try anything. I think when you're in a large group of anonymous people, there will always be some shenanigans.
Julia!

How dare you tell folks about us!

ok folks...............I WAS JOKING!

Old 07-20-2011, 09:34 AM

4,164 posts, read 6,316,466 times
I think some people like to have "fantasy relationships" online versus dealing with "real life" issues in their marriages or problems in their life....They don't have to deal with problems in their "fantasies." Everything seems perfect because it's all pretend...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships