Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-26-2011, 04:15 PM

11,864 posts, read 17,004,194 times

Advertisements

Would never stick around after something like that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-26-2011, 04:27 PM

8,003 posts, read 11,725,989 times
I'm a woman. If a man hit me once, HOW he hit me would be a determination of whether I waited around for the second time. If it was a slap in the arm or something, because I was being a major beyotch, maybe I'd feel I deserved it. If he'd been verbally abusive and just flat out hit me....one of us would be gone...probably him, because I'd call the law.

A woman should NOT hit a man either, however, again....what were the circumstances leading up to it. Did you provoke her to the point of lashing out? Some people are real button pushers and if you're doing that...provoking her, well...then you don't care about her and you should get the heck out of there.

People who push the limits with each other, constantly provoking or carelessly hurting each other with their words or actions need to get the heck away from each other. They're toxic to each other. Again, if you're doing something that's making her mad enough to hit you. STOP IT! If she's just the kind of person who has an anger control problem...get out of there if she won't get help. Just don't expect her to get help when you're the one causing the problem.

If you're hitting her....STOP IT! If she decides to leave you even though you apologize, good for her. How is she supposed to believe you won't hit her again? It's the same thing if she's hitting you, even if she apologizes. Just leave. If you're making each other that miserable at least have the decency and courage to end the relationship.

Old 07-26-2011, 05:01 PM

15,714 posts, read 21,073,381 times
Well the logical answer would be leave if someone is hitting you and that once is one too many times.

But, life isn't always logical and leaving is not always easy.

Old 07-26-2011, 05:21 PM

1,589 posts, read 2,682,542 times
I'd leave and file charges against him. I would never give someone a second chance to assault me.

Old 07-26-2011, 05:51 PM

9,444 posts, read 17,385,589 times
I don't know. I don't think I could ever look at him the same, but I'm too forgiving and I could see myself staying after the first time. However, it is also depends on how severe it was. Was it just a slight push or a slap on a shoulder or did it leave me black and blue.

Old 07-26-2011, 05:56 PM

17,869 posts, read 20,999,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by max's mama View Post
I don't know. I don't think I could ever look at him the same, but I'm too forgiving and I could see myself staying after the first time. However, it is also depends on how severe it was. Was it just a slight push or a slap on a shoulder or did it leave me black and blue.

You shouldn't stay with the man if he beat your for any reason!

Old 07-26-2011, 05:57 PM

9,444 posts, read 17,385,589 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince_Frog View Post

You shouldn't stay with the man if he beat your for any reason!
And I don't...
But I would never make a definite statement that I would leave right away. It's not that easy.

Old 07-26-2011, 06:01 PM

17,869 posts, read 20,999,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by max's mama View Post
And I don't...
But I would never make a definite statement that I would leave right away. It's not that easy.
See I don't understand that.

If I came to the understanding that I was in an abusive relationship, either through help or other, I'd pick up my junk and leave immediately.

"It's not that easy!" "You don't know him like I do!" I've heard these before, and it just baffles my mind.

Old 07-26-2011, 06:03 PM

1,589 posts, read 2,682,542 times
Staying implies that you accept the behavior and that you feel you deserved it.

Old 07-26-2011, 06:11 PM

28,895 posts, read 54,165,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavieJ89 View Post
If you and your SO are having a VERY heated argument and the other person hits you (as in physically, slapping, closed fist, etc) would you leave them or would you let it slide and overlook it if they apologize

If it happened a 2nd time, would you overlook it again or leave that time?
One, we've never had an argument like that.

But if it happened, I would walk away and there wouldn't be a second time.

I've told that to my daughter repeatedly, too. If a man hits you and you stay, he sees that as permission to hit you again. Simply walk out the door and never come back.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships