Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-27-2011, 05:41 PM

263 posts, read 757,714 times

Advertisements

I have been talking to this woman online exchanging several emails thru a dating site. She seemed really interested by telling me she has the traits that I am looking for. She even told me that she has remained friends with a couple of her exes and asked me if that would be a deal breaker. I told her it did not bother me. She even told me that the first time I texted her it was a nice surprise and she was looking forward to my emails. About 6 days after we started talking online we spoke on the phone for the first time. I noticed that she did not seem as into it on the phone as she was in the emails. We spoke for about 45 minutes and as she was hanging up she said "keep in touch". She did tell me that I was funny a couple of times during the phone conversation. I sent her a text about an hour later and said it was nice talking with her to which I got no reply. After getting no reply to my text, I figured she wasn't interested so I sent her a message thru the dating site telling her that she seems like a nice enough woman, but I don't think we have too much in common and wished her luck in her search. I guess I only sent it so I would be the one doing the rejecting (yes, I admit, maybe it was childish). I still can't help but to wonder why she had a complete 180?!? The only thing I can think of since she and I live 1 1/2 hours away from each other, is that maybe she got the impression that I'm not willing to relocate. I would relocate for the right person. Should I contact her to see what happened or if there is some other misunderstanding that I don't realize?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-27-2011, 05:49 PM

3,059 posts, read 8,285,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestSideGirl310 View Post
... I guess I only sent it so I would be the one doing the rejecting (yes, I admit, maybe it was childish)....
Maybe on the phone you gave her other indicators that you were childish and that turned her off?

Old 07-27-2011, 05:49 PM

2,013 posts, read 3,547,809 times

So how long did you wait for her to respond to your text before you sent that childish email?

Old 07-27-2011, 05:53 PM

2,013 posts, read 3,547,809 times
Quote:
I still can't help but to wonder why she had a complete 180?!? The only thing I can think of since she and I live 1 1/2 hours away from each other, is that maybe she got the impression that I'm not willing to relocate. I would relocate for the right person. Should I contact her to see what happened or if there is some other misunderstanding that I don't realize?
OMG, the more I re-read, the more juvenile all this sounds. I mean, seriously, who relocates to live 1 1/2 hrs away from where they currently are??

Old 07-27-2011, 05:57 PM

Quote:
Maybe on the phone you gave her other indicators that you were childish and that turned her off?
No, I didn't say anything childish at all! We spoke about jobs, pets, traveling and ect.

Quote:
So how long did you wait for her to respond to your text before you sent that childish email?
4 hours! Actually, the content in the message itself isn't childish, but rather it's the reason behind it!

Old 07-27-2011, 06:03 PM

Quote:
OMG, the more I re-read, the more juvenile all this sounds. I mean, seriously, who relocates to live 1 1/2 hrs away from where they currently are??
What's so juvenile about that? She lives within 10 mins of her company that she owns and I live within 5 mins of my place of employment. This is a lesbian related post. Most couples do move in together after a while and it's most likely to one of their current residences!

Old 07-27-2011, 06:04 PM

37,618 posts, read 46,006,789 times
Quote:
I have been talking to this woman online exchanging several emails thru a dating site. She seemed really interested by telling me she has the traits that I am looking for. She even told me that she has remained friends with a couple of her exes and asked me if that would be a deal breaker. I told her it did not bother me. She even told me that the first time I texted her it was a nice surprise and she was looking forward to my emails. About 6 days after we started talking online we spoke on the phone for the first time. I noticed that she did not seem as into it on the phone as she was in the emails. We spoke for about 45 minutes and as she was hanging up she said "keep in touch". She did tell me that I was funny a couple of times during the phone conversation. I sent her a text about an hour later and said it was nice talking with her to which I got no reply. After getting no reply to my text, I figured she wasn't interested so I sent her a message thru the dating site telling her that she seems like a nice enough woman, but I don't think we have too much in common and wished her luck in her search. I guess I only sent it so I would be the one doing the rejecting (yes, I admit, maybe it was childish). I still can't help but to wonder why she had a complete 180?!? The only thing I can think of since she and I live 1 1/2 hours away from each other, is that maybe she got the impression that I'm not willing to relocate. I would relocate for the right person. Should I contact her to see what happened or if there is some other misunderstanding that I don't realize?
This is why I tell people to NOT put any eggs in any baskets before meeting someone, and certainly not before having a real phone conversation. I absolutely HAVE decided to not pursue anything with a couple of guys, after speaking with them on the phone. It's just a part of learning more about someone...don't take it so hard. Move on.

Old 07-27-2011, 06:23 PM

2,472 posts, read 4,214,431 times
Four hours without a return text isn't really enough time to tell whether or not someone's intentionally ignoring your text. Even if she didn't return it, that doesn't mean she's not interested. I always think it's best not to assume things and to just find out directly. You could have texted or called later and asked if she was still interested in you.

Either way if she rejects you or you reject her the result is the same. No reason to sabotage things with this girl just because you don't want to be rejected by a girl you met not too long ago.

Old 07-27-2011, 06:25 PM

3,059 posts, read 8,285,858 times
Quote:
...A relationship between 2 women is a little different than between a man and woman. Women together get much more emotionally connected and involved. Lesbians are also a little quicker to move in together and settle in....
Really? You actually think those generalizations are true?

That aside, at what point in the 45 minute conversation did you feel she was "not into it"? From the beginning or after a while into the conversation?

Old 07-27-2011, 06:33 PM

Quote:
Really? You actually think those generalizations are true?
Yes! You can also ask any of my friends (also lesbians). They all say women are much more emotionally connected to each other. Sex is also more emotional between two women.

Quote:
That aside, at what point in the 45 minute conversation did you feel she was "not into it"? From the beginning or after a while into the conversation?
She seemed not as into it right from the beginning. Her personality is not as outgoing on the phone as it was in the emails. If I did jump the gun and assume she wasn't interested too quick, do you think it's too late to try and clear up any misunderstandings or start over?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships