Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-30-2011, 11:21 AM

3,360 posts, read 8,393,356 times

Advertisements

The title of the thread is specious to begin with. The only people who think premarital sex is "bad" are Christian fundamentalists or religious zealots. And most of those people that I've known (very few, since I avoid them like the plague), have been hypocrites in the extreme.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-30-2011, 01:05 PM

3,337 posts, read 7,123,644 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
Who says sex before marriage is a bad thing.

I'd think you were dumb as a rock if you didn't try it before marriage.
Just like most people would think you're a ho if you let some random guy test drive the car before purchase. Whose to say he may want to stay with you long term? You'll have nothing special to give your husband.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MzSJP View Post
At this point, (well for the past few years) I am/have been a fan of No sex before marriage. What's so special about sex on a honeymoon when you've already been going at it 24/7???

Ditto. This type of attitude cheapens the act because if you've been going at it like rabbits 24-7, you get used to sex and it becomes overrated.

I'm not worried about sexual chemistry...there's plenty of non-sexual ways to find that out...
Exactly. Sex is soooo overrated it's not even funny. Sex is bombarded in our faces day in and out.

Old 07-30-2011, 01:13 PM

31,084 posts, read 22,107,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northside904 View Post
Just like most people would think you're a ho if you let some random Gal test drive the car before purchase. Whose to say She may want to stay with you long term? You'll have nothing special to give your Wife.

Exactly. Sex is soooo overrated it's not even funny. Sex is bombarded in our faces day in and out.
As both men and woman are equals from my viewpoint I fixed the first phrase for you.

"Sex is soooo overrated it's not even funny. Sex is bombarded in our faces day in and out"

You must be having some really bad sex, because when I have sex it is the most stimulating exciting thing in the world!

Old 07-30-2011, 01:54 PM

1,589 posts, read 2,683,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
As both men and woman are equals from my viewpoint I fixed the first phrase for you.

"Sex is soooo overrated it's not even funny. Sex is bombarded in our faces day in and out"

You must be having some really bad sex, because when I have sex it is the most stimulating exciting thing in the world!
LS Juan - If you don't harbor a more negative opinion about promiscuous women then you do about promiscuous men, then I think you are atypical and I congratulate you. However I think you'll agree that most men don't dream of marrying a woman who has a reputation for being loose with her sexuality.

Right or wrong, it's more socially acceptable for a man to ***** around. He won't be judged as harshly.

Old 07-30-2011, 03:48 PM

2,468 posts, read 3,133,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
This is like the minority of the population trying to impose their will on the majority. Whats funny is that we, the 90% of population that have sex before marriage, have no problem with your choice to wait, good for you. But, you have no problem trying to impose your ideals on us.
Actually, I can't count how many times I had to say "no" to sex & sometimes "no" was not accepted.

Old 07-30-2011, 03:51 PM

3 posts, read 4,352 times
Well when you belong to God your body is considered to be the temple/dwelling place for the Holy spirit and with that being said there is a certain way you should carry yourself and certain things you should avoid doing with your body if you want to keep a safe secure home for the Holy Spirt!

Old 07-30-2011, 06:37 PM

1,035 posts, read 1,398,237 times
Well the Bible was written what a couple thousand years ago? I wouldn't use a business marketing plan from the 1990's so why would I follow something that's ancient? Seriously. I do believe you can have sex too early in a relationship, but you can't have a romantic relationship without sex. You have to change and evolve. I don't know anybody that's willing to be in a relationship, (dating), without having sex.

Old 07-30-2011, 07:56 PM

819 posts, read 1,130,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by supertrucker212 View Post
Well the Bible was written what a couple thousand years ago? I wouldn't use a business marketing plan from the 1990's so why would I follow something that's ancient?
Dude, Algebra was totally invented like two thousand years ago, why mess with such idiocy?

Old 07-30-2011, 08:16 PM

1,589 posts, read 2,683,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by supertrucker212 View Post
Well the Bible was written what a couple thousand years ago? I wouldn't use a business marketing plan from the 1990's so why would I follow something that's ancient? Seriously. I do believe you can have sex too early in a relationship, but you can't have a romantic relationship without sex. You have to change and evolve. I don't know anybody that's willing to be in a relationship, (dating), without having sex.

There needs to be the promise of sexual intimacy at some point, I agree. But how long a person waits is highly individual.

When I was dating and celibate, my girlfriends all told me that no man would be willing to date me. I would be eliminating 99.99% of the pool of eligible men. Yet that statistic did not reflect my experience at all. I had the pleasure of dating several men who respected my desire to wait. Sometimes people just don't give men enough credit, you know?

The men who disappeared quickly were men who did not have serious intentions, so there was no love lost on either side. They moved on and I have no doubt that they found what they were looking for... as did I.

Old 07-31-2011, 01:04 AM

31,084 posts, read 22,107,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boodhabunny View Post
LS Juan - If you don't harbor a more negative opinion about promiscuous women then you do about promiscuous men, then I think you are atypical and I congratulate you. However I think you'll agree that most men don't dream of marrying a woman who has a reputation for being loose with her sexuality.

Right or wrong, it's more socially acceptable for a man to ***** around. He won't be judged as harshly.

"However I think you'll agree that most men don't dream of marrying a woman who has a reputation for being loose with her sexuality."

I agree, I believe that most men and women frown on someone with a "promiscuous" background. I have met wonderful women that have beded more men than is socially acceptable and do not treat them any different then someone who has been with only one other man. The way she treats me is much more important than how many guys she slept with. Can't fault her for doing the same thing as a man does. For the most part if she never said anything no one would know anyway!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships