Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-07-2011, 09:18 AM

1 posts, read 5,655 times

Advertisements

I guess this is common in the workplace and otherwise, but gets tricky when one is actually faced with it. This young attractive married coworker joined our company 6 mos back. The working relationship & communication is very professional. As time progressed, the conversations quite often are cut short by compliments I get from her and I respond with a polite "Oh, thanks" and never gave them any more thought.

But off late in conversations, she throws around the F word quite frequently & when no one else is around. She very often shows pics of herself and asks for opinions about it. Now, she bluntly asks for my assessment about her curves and her other assets. Of course, I offer nothing but praise. Conversations are getting a bit intimate and subtle complaints about married life and her husband are there too.

Its quite obvious that there is a bit of boredom in the marriage, a need for attention, praise and compliments. The intimacy of conversation is what she loves. Of course one thing leads to another and a quick fling might just happen. Could that be her intent too? BTW, I am single and do actively date girls.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-07-2011, 09:27 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,716,559 times
Obviously she does, you need to stop the compliments and let her know you're not interested.

Old 08-07-2011, 09:31 AM

3,562 posts, read 4,397,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trabant View Post
I guess this is common in the workplace and otherwise, but gets tricky when one is actually faced with it. This young attractive married coworker joined our company 6 mos back. The working relationship & communication is very professional. As time progressed, the conversations quite often are cut short by compliments I get from her and I respond with a polite "Oh, thanks" and never gave them any more thought.

But off late in conversations, she throws around the F word quite frequently & when no one else is around. She very often shows pics of herself and asks for opinions about it. Now, she bluntly asks for my assessment about her curves and her other assets. Of course, I offer nothing but praise. Conversations are getting a bit intimate and subtle complaints about married life and her husband are there too.

Its quite obvious that there is a bit of boredom in the marriage, a need for attention, praise and compliments. The intimacy of conversation is what she loves. Of course one thing leads to another and a quick fling might just happen. Could that be her intent too? BTW, I am single and do actively date girls.
If she were not your co-worker I'd say. . ."dude, go for it; do her good & right until she comes back begging for more." However, at-work affairs tend to blow up on people's faces. I've witnessed several disappointingly ending episodes throughout my adult working life; enough to avoid those tempting trysts. She'd be fair game if she did not work with you. But since she does, you may want to weigh the pros, cons, and potential aftermath if and when things go south! Good luck!

Old 08-07-2011, 09:33 AM

2,412 posts, read 5,085,077 times
One of two things is happening. She flirting with you and ramping it up. The other is she senses you're in the closet and considers you a girlfriend.

Old 08-07-2011, 09:54 AM

2,596 posts, read 5,583,288 times
Quote:
This is trouble waiting to happen. Obviously this girl is a poor prospect for anything serious. For a fling, if she wasn't a coworker, I would say whatever works for both of you, but since she is a coworker, you're playing with fire. Don't risk a sexual harassment issue or getting on the boss's bad side (you may not be planning on being unprofessional about it, but you have no way to control what she does--and from the sound of her conduct, "professional" is the last thing I'd guess.)

Old 08-08-2011, 12:40 PM

3,588 posts, read 5,730,857 times
Okay, the f-word and pictures and the questions are over the line. You could lose your job by continuing to participate in this situation. You must tread lightly. Tell her firmly and politely you are not interested. Don't let it go any further. Do you realize you could be slapped with a sexual harassment suit by her as a mean of revenge. HR may have to pull both of you into a meeting and get an agreement that this stuff will stop. She'll probably stop it after that, because she'll be on the company's radar. She'll probably move onto someone else. You date girls outside the workplace, you don't need this headache. Don't procrastinate. Fix this now.

Old 08-08-2011, 12:48 PM

7,364 posts, read 14,678,492 times
No, it isn't "tricky" when you are faced with it. If you have any class, you will put the kibosh on this right away. When she pulls out pictures you say, "Sorry I have a lot of work to do" and leave. When she asks you for your opinion of her body you answer, "I think you should ask your husband" and walk away.

Fact is, you like the drama.

Old 08-08-2011, 01:27 PM

4,941 posts, read 8,328,204 times
Quote:

She's not stupid and neither are you. Sounds likes one of you is waiting for the other to say the "F" word and mean it....literally.

Old 08-08-2011, 02:50 PM

1,429 posts, read 2,446,064 times
What's the "F" word?

Fling or the other? My co-workers and I say the 4 letter F word a few times a day at work, never near patients or families, but yep - we say it!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships