Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-18-2011, 09:36 PM

5,324 posts, read 6,102,524 times

Advertisements

It's been that way the first 31 years of my life..In a way its almost better for me becasue i dont know aynything else but being alone..maybe its worse if you get a taste of love...I have no idea what that type of intimacy with a women is like

Last edited by JBT1980; 08-18-2011 at 10:33 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-18-2011, 09:37 PM

5,987 posts, read 10,472,793 times
Dating is a numbers game. Don't give up on the online dating - it takes some adjustment to interpret the profiles. Meeting a bunch of people helps develop a sense of who matches their profile, and how to filter them better. All the duds are training dates - eventually, a good match will come along, and you'll recognize that person because you've learned who isn't. Patience is hard, but it's usually rewarded.

Old 08-18-2011, 09:42 PM

4,868 posts, read 8,411,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBT1980 View Post
It's been that way the first 31 years of my life..In a way its almost better for me becasue i dont know aynything else but being alone..maybe its worse if you get a taste of love...I have no idea what that type of intimacy wit ha women is like
ya when I never knew love, being alone sucked, but not like this, not even close.

taoist dude-thanks, that really helps. I just wish I could meet someone the traditional way, but its not working anymore with my lifestyle.

Old 08-18-2011, 11:23 PM

18,836 posts, read 37,364,053 times
Being alone is better than your life being a country western song, where someone used you, left you, stole your truck, and killed your dog. Just look at it that way...re-frame it more positive. Think about all the guys who have married completely psycho women, who completely devestated their lives. Then you feel much better about living a sane life alone.

Old 08-18-2011, 11:29 PM

1,841 posts, read 3,174,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mir86 View Post
ya...its starting to get really hard to deal with, especially the more I hear about friends getting married. I stay busy but then the minute I have time to think, that fear returns... . I think this fear stems mostly from the fact that its been about 2 and a half years since my last relationship and although I've been dating pretty consistently, its all been very bad luck so its looking more and more like I'm gonna wind up alone (so it seems anyways, I'm sure I'm wrong). I'm sure I do something to bring about that luck, but since I dont know what I'm doing to attract such bad luck, my last option is to just cope..somehow.

How do you deal with it?
lol..I have been single for three years and have dated on and off in the last year..yes I actually CHOSE to be alone for 2 years..I figured there were some things that I needed to process and if I could not be okay with me how could I be okay with for someone else...

There will always be bad apples before you get the juicy one..
This is the getting to know you period..wihtout knowing it you are slimming down the pool...you are getting to know who you do not want and more of what you want...
These bad apples are somewhat neccassary..they teach you what not to do, say or what to say and look for...they did you a favor...lol

Alone? Is a state of mind I always say this but it is true...
I tend to surround myself with friends and family of both genders that keep me grounded...In my opinion? I would rather be rich in friends and family rather than with someone who is not good for me just for the sake of stating I have someone...

Old 08-18-2011, 11:38 PM

2,650 posts, read 3,012,284 times
If I look back on my life Mir I think most of the failures I had were at their root caused by a lack of imagination, a failure to believe. I often think the greatest roadblock we face is our own minds. Don't stop believing. It doesn't matter what it is, you can, you will. Never think anything else because therein lies success. Keep your chin up young lady.

Old 08-19-2011, 01:52 PM

8,802 posts, read 8,899,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mir86 View Post
How do you deal with it?
We're opposites because you fear about your future of being alone, and I fear that I'll look back on my past and realize I didn't live life to the fullest in my early 20s. So I deal with it by living life to the fullest.

Old 08-19-2011, 01:57 PM

9,444 posts, read 17,385,589 times
I don't have a lot of your experience Mir...unfortunately I didn't spend a lot of time being single in my life and notice, I have said unfortunately. Although I have no regrets and absolutely love my family, I will always be lacking that "alone and me only selfish time" of my life...the time when you can just go off by yourself, don't ask anyone, don't confirm with anyone, just do your own thing. This is the time for you to enjoy your life, why rush into a relationship, why push it? I understand your fears and uncertainty and I understand your desire to be loved and have a partner in life. I am not going to lie, it is wonderful...however, I also think that being single could be wonderful too and I say it as outsider.

You are attractive and intelligent with lots of things going for you, take advantage of that freedom.

Old 08-19-2011, 02:32 PM

1,543 posts, read 2,996,369 times
Just use prostitutes and if you are a woman and single. Loose weight or lower your standards. That is all you have to do.

Old 08-19-2011, 03:22 PM

4,868 posts, read 8,411,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crabman1 View Post
If I look back on my life Mir I think most of the failures I had were at their root caused by a lack of imagination, a failure to believe. I often think the greatest roadblock we face is our own minds. Don't stop believing. It doesn't matter what it is, you can, you will. Never think anything else because therein lies success. Keep your chin up young lady.
you know, I agree, but this loneliness clouds your sanity sometimes. I've been believing for a long time and every experience with men has led to me believe less and less. I just cannot believe the scum I see out there and if they're not scum..they look horrible (don't take care of themselves and wonder why they're single ). I don't care how anyone slices it, but I NEED to be attracted the man I'm with, in some way.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships