Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-19-2011, 08:57 PM

1,543 posts, read 2,996,369 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mir86 View Post
haha seriously?? I had no idea that just cause a woman is attractive, she suddenly becomes "taken". I get told all the time that I'm attractive (I don't think I am, but I take care of myself, know how to dress and am thin, with great boobs ) and the biggest problem I have is men throwing themselves at me..it really creeps me out. I just want someone who can control his urges while I'm trying to get to know him. Men throwing themselves at me has only gotten worse over the years, which I find ironic..I thought I was supposed to be getting "less attractive" at 25 years old. I guess I am living proof that "attractive" doesn't always equate to "taken". My old roommate is in the same boat as me and she's 10 times hotter than I am, but at least she lives in LA where everyone is single and she can actually enjoy her solitude. No, I don't want to live there, I already did and hated it.
Just a couple of questions. If you never get to them, fine. I read in one of your posts that you needed to be attracted to the guy you are seeing. What do you consider attractive? Are most of the guys you see in public, scum to you?

Where are you living now, that has men throwing themselves at you?

I figured most women are in three categories if they are single. By choice, their standards are too unrealistic, they are fat. I have nothing against fat women, I am fat myself. But I have been able to date some rather fit women in the past, when I had the effort and consistency. So....?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-20-2011, 04:40 AM

18,270 posts, read 14,431,077 times
What are you looking for in a man? Name 5 things.

What do you have to offer, besides being physically attractive and having larger than life boobs? Name 5 things.

Let's start from here.

Old 08-20-2011, 04:54 AM

44,259 posts, read 64,365,577 times
Op, you can more easily stop worrying about it when you look at it from a different perspective.

I want to be in a relationship BECAUSE I met my wife.

Not

I am with my wife because I want a relationship.

I am not going to discount having a best friend to count on and always having a buddy to do stuff with, etc. That is fantastic. But you are supposed to want to commit to someone because you can't live without them. Not have a relationship just for the relationship's sake.

Old 08-20-2011, 01:02 PM

4,868 posts, read 8,410,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by d-boy-80 View Post
Just a couple of questions. If you never get to them, fine. I read in one of your posts that you needed to be attracted to the guy you are seeing. What do you consider attractive? Are most of the guys you see in public, scum to you?

Where are you living now, that has men throwing themselves at you?

I figured most women are in three categories if they are single. By choice, their standards are too unrealistic, they are fat. I have nothing against fat women, I am fat myself. But I have been able to date some rather fit women in the past, when I had the effort and consistency. So....?
You know, a lot of guys I see around don't take care of themselves, at all, but I also see a lot of guys who look presentable so its not all scum. Attractive to me is many things and I'm not looking for the hottest guy, at all. Just someone I can stand to look at who has a great personality and I enjoy being around, that's attractive to me. I live in southern AZ...but I don't think men throwing themselves at women has anything to do with where I live. I also mean they throw themselves at me by trying to get into my pants right away..its a turn off. If they threw themselves to get to know me first, I wouldn't be as turned off, lol. Does that answer everything? I really don't think I'm being unrealistic, as I'm open to all kinds of men, so long as there's something I'm attracted to.

Old 08-20-2011, 01:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by temptation001 View Post
What are you looking for in a man? Name 5 things.

What do you have to offer, besides being physically attractive and having larger than life boobs? Name 5 things.

Let's start from here.
hahaha, my boobs are not larger than life..that would be scary.

I"m looking for the same things any sane woman is looking for and I think I'm sane enough. As for what I have to offer? a lot, I'm very very giving, on all levels. I've gotten taken advantage because of it before.

Old 08-20-2011, 01:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
Op, you can more easily stop worrying about it when you look at it from a different perspective.

I want to be in a relationship BECAUSE I met my wife.

Not

I am with my wife because I want a relationship.

I am not going to discount having a best friend to count on and always having a buddy to do stuff with, etc. That is fantastic. But you are supposed to want to commit to someone because you can't live without them. Not have a relationship just for the relationship's sake.
I look at it from that perspective everyday. The whole reason this long time being single is so upsetting is because I simply am not meeting anyone I like enough who likes me back that much. finding a relationship is the easy part..finding someone I want to be with who wants the same, not so much.

Old 08-21-2011, 06:34 AM

3,337 posts, read 7,120,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mir86 View Post
I look at it from that perspective everyday. The whole reason this long time being single is so upsetting is because I simply am not meeting anyone I like enough who likes me back that much. finding a relationship is the easy part..finding someone I want to be with who wants the same, not so much.
There's the answer right there; you don't like the men you meet enough to take it further. That's ok, don't stress over it Think of finding the right man as a car. You aren't going to take the first one the salesman tries to sell you, right? No, you know what you want and are going to shop around until you feel comfortable enough to make a decision. Once you have decided on him, you can't trade him in for something better

Old 08-21-2011, 06:53 AM

22,331 posts, read 29,432,497 times
I'd rather be alone then in a shytty, loveless marriage/relationship anyday..There's more cats to be rescued at the shelter than I know what to do with, lol

Old 08-23-2011, 02:40 AM

200 posts, read 328,418 times
Mir,

I've always lurked these forums on and off for years seldomly but I felt to sign up tonight partly because I wanted to respond to your post. I am in your same situation I've been single forever and I'm just a little bit older than you and believe me I can understand your frustration like "where is my person". You have every reason to feel left out and want love and I'm speaking from my own experience being single.

I always see where people in relationships will say enjoy life as it is but guess what? They are in relationships by their choice they can be single in a flash if they leave the person but they won't! So not to knock anyone but hey someone in a relationship telling a single person to chill and enjoy life seems very ironic to me. I know how you feel and I feel the same but I hope we will both find our people someday as I've been waiting for a very long time! I met someone the other day and thought it'd go somewhere but no...it just died before it had a chance.

Like you I want someone of substance with goals in life partly because I want someone to build a future with. It makes life so much easier if you can go home to someone you love after a hard day's work to reassure you that you'll be ok and when you need things done then you don't always have to depend on you financially and emotionally. There is a reason people are coupled and just about every species in nature because we all need love and companionship not just from friends and family but a significant other. When you have a nice relationship it can do so much more for you mentally and lightens the stress.

I do think though that everyone's life is designed in completely different ways; some more targeted towards financial success, relationship success and so forth but it can truly let someone feel left out when love 'leaves them hanging' so to speak. But all the best Mir and if you ever want to talk about it you can message me or whatever.

Old 08-23-2011, 04:50 AM

9,444 posts, read 17,383,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kupkake View Post
Mir,

I've always lurked these forums on and off for years seldomly but I felt to sign up tonight partly because I wanted to respond to your post. I am in your same situation I've been single forever and I'm just a little bit older than you and believe me I can understand your frustration like "where is my person". You have every reason to feel left out and want love and I'm speaking from my own experience being single.

I always see where people in relationships will say enjoy life as it is but guess what? They are in relationships by their choice they can be single in a flash if they leave the person but they won't! So not to knock anyone but hey someone in a relationship telling a single person to chill and enjoy life seems very ironic to me. I know how you feel and I feel the same but I hope we will both find our people someday as I've been waiting for a very long time! I met someone the other day and thought it'd go somewhere but no...it just died before it had a chance.

Like you I want someone of substance with goals in life partly because I want someone to build a future with. It makes life so much easier if you can go home to someone you love after a hard day's work to reassure you that you'll be ok and when you need things done then you don't always have to depend on you financially and emotionally. There is a reason people are coupled and just about every species in nature because we all need love and companionship not just from friends and family but a significant other. When you have a nice relationship it can do so much more for you mentally and lightens the stress.

I do think though that everyone's life is designed in completely different ways; some more targeted towards financial success, relationship success and so forth but it can truly let someone feel left out when love 'leaves them hanging' so to speak. But all the best Mir and if you ever want to talk about it you can message me or whatever.
What do you propose for us to tell her? Not to enjoy life? I think the fact that this type of advice got knocked by people (you are saying "not to knock anyone, but you do) is ironic too. Yes, relationships are great, but should she continue to dwell in self-pity that she is not in one? I see too many people doing it and not enjoying the greatness of single life at all. For heaven's sake, OP is not 45 (although even 45 year old singles enjoy the life as well), she is only in her twenties, and that's what she SHOULD be doing, enjoying life.

I don't think anyone denies that being in a healthy relationship is great, in fact many of us admitted it and sympathized with OP, but everyone wants to provide their own encouragement in the best way that they can and it's tiresome to hear: you people in a relationship don't understand.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships