Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-20-2011, 08:02 PM

8,568 posts, read 18,112,482 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SUPERCHIC View Post
IS this the OP child? I thought it was her abusive husband.

BTW if i had a child that was abusive I would not WASTE MY LIFE with him either. Just because a person is blood does not mean you have to waste you life being abused....or sit around an wait for them to kill you. JUST SAYING
Are you just blabbering or do you have a clue what you have said. Two posts of yours seem to be you are coming from the other side of left field. It isn't her child, it's her husband, and not her abusive husband. Where are you pulling this misinformation from? It certainly is not from anything she has written. "Just saying" is that supposed to cover whatever drivel falls from your fingertips?

Nonsequitur city it seems.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-20-2011, 08:28 PM

7,126 posts, read 8,655,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 20yrsinBranson View Post
Mostly, I am not a confrontational person. In my life I have never seen the benefit of challenging someone and trying to do it "my way". All that ever comes of it is hard feelings and anger. I do not think that anything as inconsequential as this is worth a major blow out and all the terrible feelings that would go along with that. I will wait for something a little more important than a place to plant a few lettuce seeds. It simply is not worth it.

There have been a few precious times when I have asserted myself when things were very important to me. Because of this my husband knows that if I am ready to go toe to toe with him that it IS most definitely, an important matter and he is more likely to acquiesce. If I put up by dukes for every little thing, soon it would just become a pissing contest, and I am not interested in a life like that.

20yrsinBranson
I couldn't live my life walking on egg shells...remember you were the person who wrote the post I think you let the facade slip and now you are backtracking.I just find it strange that where to plant a few lettuce seeds would be cause for a "major blow out"if you were to plant them yourself.Of course in a happy marriage we all learn to choose our battles but I couldn't live my life throwing up a white flag all the time either!

Old 08-20-2011, 10:32 PM

10,914 posts, read 31,403,971 times
It can be very difficult to deal with someone with full blown OCD, as I know from experience. The standards are one thing, and it's more an argument within themselves as opposed to the actual project, which can be a nightmare when it's a DIY issue.

Now, you need not go without your plants growing in the house, especially if it gives you joy. You can purchase an indoor plant cart with grow lights that's pretty compact. It's compact enough that I know someone who has one in a Manhattan kitchen for her herb garden. Hers is a chrome four-shelf affair with integral lights and actually is pretty stylish. There's a website called urbangardensolutions.com that has a few models of ready-made plant starter carts and shelves, such that I think you might be able to find one that would allow you to have the joy of gardening while allowing for your husband's design aesthetic with respect to the standards in your home.

Good luck with the project, and I hope you can find a solution that works for the two of you.

City-Data Terms of Service
City-Data FAQs
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships