Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-22-2011, 10:52 AM

2,618 posts, read 6,163,797 times

Advertisements

So I had written off online dating as I was taking the well written, friendly, funny email that showed I had actually read her profile and try to create a profile of my own that gave a distinct and strong sense of who I am....didn't work at all, at least recently.

Then I was out with some friends from work who use all the dating site and they say they hook up with a TON of women. I told them I was struggling getting responses and they explained that yes, it will be hard to get responses, but what they do is just send short, sarcastic, semi-cocky, semi-offensive emails to these women instead of just being friendly and write a long paragraph. They say they try to keep it to one sentence, and they try to criticize them if possible.

Well I put it to use myself, I cut my profile down and just created a short paragraph that generally summarizes myself without much detail at all, try to sound a little cocky and funny in it. Then I sent out emails to girls using the one-line criticizing/cocky trick and I have to say so far it is working quite well. I've had some pretty long conversations with women as a result. Of course, a couple have flaked after conversing from 6 or 7 emails, but that's fine, I just need to lock up a date sooner or something. This just exemplifies even more that women don't have an interest in getting to know you, at least not pre-date.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-22-2011, 11:36 AM

400 posts, read 849,805 times
I can't say I blame women on this. Until you see some one in person you can't really know if they're attractive or even if you'll get along with them in person. No sense wasting a lot of time writing, the website is to facilitate meeting people after all. You should suggest drinks or coffee as soon as possible.

I met my wife online and I sort of made this mistake as well. I sent quite a few emails and called her maybe twice before we met and she was starting to think I wasn't seriously interested. I was sort of under the impression that being pushy wouldn't have been appreciated. But they're there for the same reason as you and if you're not moving forward steadily you're basically moving backwards.

Old 08-22-2011, 11:54 AM

4,868 posts, read 8,411,220 times
of course this new tactic will work for you! On idiotic women...have fun with that. I would be repulsed by the cocky/insulting e-mail. Try being witty and funny if you want a real woman.

Old 08-22-2011, 12:00 PM

529 posts, read 1,301,125 times
It sounds like PUA stuff. Not my cup of tea but good that works for you.

Old 08-22-2011, 12:37 PM

1,245 posts, read 2,211,877 times
This sounds fake. A woman is going to be impressed by a guy on the internet who she has never met and may not be what he claims (using fake pics, lying; it happens) and insults or negs her? Please. Even ones desperate for any kind of attention will go on to better messages as most women on most sites will get a lot of messages from guys(unless it is a site with a small database or niche).

Old 08-22-2011, 01:00 PM

2,618 posts, read 6,163,797 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by j_jimerino View Post
I can't say I blame women on this. Until you see some one in person you can't really know if they're attractive or even if you'll get along with them in person. No sense wasting a lot of time writing, the website is to facilitate meeting people after all. You should suggest drinks or coffee as soon as possible.

I met my wife online and I sort of made this mistake as well. I sent quite a few emails and called her maybe twice before we met and she was starting to think I wasn't seriously interested. I was sort of under the impression that being pushy wouldn't have been appreciated. But they're there for the same reason as you and if you're not moving forward steadily you're basically moving backwards.
Well that's cool, and I understand your reasoning, but they flaked out AFTER my last message said "hey, wanna grab a drink?" or something like that. So why would they message me that many times, only to flake out AFTER I ask them to meet?

I don't really care why, I get enough responses where I'm cool with moving on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mir86 View Post
of course this new tactic will work for you! On idiotic women...have fun with that. I would be repulsed by the cocky/insulting e-mail. Try being witty and funny if you want a real woman.
Aren't idiots = women? I am witty and funny, but through an email/profile women and their poor judge in character ("How did I end up marrying a guy who hits me?") just can't tell what's good or bad.

Besides, here's my options. Be witty/funny like you say and get NO responses, or be a dick and get some responses with idiot women? I think the choice is easy.

Old 08-22-2011, 01:10 PM

3,457 posts, read 3,623,920 times
Quote:
Try being witty and funny if you want a real woman.
exactly, no true scotsman would reply.

Old 08-22-2011, 01:20 PM

20,048 posts, read 18,310,364 times
This will work with the kind of females you will not want a long relationship with. The ones who come from crappy homes/crappy parenting.

The things that you stated such as insults, bad behavior, etc. are what they have been accustomed to in life. That is the reason why they are attracted.

NEWSFLASH: NOT A GOOD SIGN!

Old 08-22-2011, 01:23 PM

44,360 posts, read 20,066,476 times
Quote:
I agree with mir.

Old 08-22-2011, 01:26 PM

2,028 posts, read 1,888,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdubs3201 View Post
Besides, here's my options. Be witty/funny like you say and get NO responses, or be a dick and get some responses with idiot women? I think the choice is easy.
I think most people in this thread will gloss over this or completely ignore it since they don't have a real answer for your "no responses" after sending sincere emails.

Personally, I think you're wasting your time based on what you've said you want in a relationship, but at least your threads are entertaining.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships