Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-14-2011, 10:09 PM

15,395 posts, read 22,535,386 times

Advertisements

I'm curious........in my early and shorter term relationships we always fell asleep together. However it seems many couples in years long relationships/marriages sleep in separate beds etc.

I guess for a variety of reasons such as different schedules....etc.....some modern couples sleep alone. Myself I get elbowed too often to literally sleep with my mate.

I'm curious how many other couples sleep in different beds and/or rooms.

So what say my fellow forum members?

http://zeldalily.com/index.php/2010/...separate-beds/

‘Til Sleep Do Us Part? Married Couples Sleeping Separately - The Juggle - WSJ

Sleeping Together -- Why Share a Bed? -- How Married Couples Can Get a Good Night's Sleep

More Couples Sleeping Apart: Is This Healthy? - Healthy Living on Shine

Do couples really sleep apart

Should Couples Sleep in Separate Beds? - DivineCaroline
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-14-2011, 10:22 PM

17,869 posts, read 21,006,797 times
You know my parents slept in their own beds.

I know I won't be able too. I love sleeping with my SO. Nothing compares to it. Actually, it's probably one of the biggest things I miss!

Old 08-14-2011, 10:36 PM

530 posts, read 780,373 times
Guess with all the links there's no need really to be discussing the whys and the wherefores.

However.....When she's not pissed, we're in the same bed, close together.

When she's pissed, we're in the same bed, but not too close together.

When she's really pissed, she's enjoying the entire bed, 'cause I'm in the bed in the other bedroom.

Tonight could be a toss-up.

Old 08-14-2011, 10:44 PM

52,291 posts, read 52,734,263 times
I woke up really early a couple of nights ago...... I rolled over.. Mrs. Chow wasn't there......

It bothered me..... she apparently went out on the couch to sleep, she couldn't sleep and didn't want to bother me.....

Old 08-14-2011, 10:58 PM

946 posts, read 2,919,179 times
I've been sleeping by myself since I was born, and even as a toddler I never slept with my parents, so as a result I can't sleep with anyone beside me. It really bothered me when I shared a bed on family vacations, not being able to stretch or getting nudged or hit at night really bothered me. Don't get me started with people who snore! I don't know how it will be once I get married...maybe have seperate beds...I don't know.

Old 08-14-2011, 11:07 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,886,422 times
There is nothing like waking up to someone you care about.

Old 08-14-2011, 11:14 PM

48,534 posts, read 34,891,275 times
When I don't sleep entwined with my SO it bothers me, and we don't even live together.

Old 08-14-2011, 11:54 PM

21,154 posts, read 19,742,228 times
If you can't get a good night sleep with your spouse, find someplace you can. It has nothing (or "shouldn't have anything") to do with your relationship. It mostly depends on whether you are a "light" or "deep" sleeper.

Old 08-15-2011, 12:43 AM

3,485 posts, read 7,313,730 times
Maternal grandparents - Slept in separate bedrooms, grandfather slept on cot, grandmother slept on floor

Paternal grandparents - Slept on one bed in a gigantic bedroom, but the bed is larger than my bedroom

Parents - Slept in same bed when younger. Now sleep in separate bedrooms (mom prefers floor, dad on bed). Mom can't stand getting woken up in the AM and my dad talks a lot when he wakes up. They have their own bathrooms too.

Me: Sometimes sleep in same bed as husband. But now we sleep in same room on different beds.

Old 08-15-2011, 01:31 AM

2,650 posts, read 3,013,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retroit View Post
If you can't get a good night sleep with your spouse, find someplace you can. It has nothing (or "shouldn't have anything") to do with your relationship. It mostly depends on whether you are a "light" or "deep" sleeper.
Princess and the Pea syndrome? lol IMO while not disagreeing with you I think if you ride toward being either a hardcore snuggler or lose sleep at the very thought of losing sleep its best to stick with the same type in a relationship because it will become a sticking point.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships