Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-30-2011, 02:02 PM

3,770 posts, read 6,744,556 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by recuerdeme View Post
Your guy or gal walking on the beach at sunset (or sunrise) with a friend of opposite sex (or same sex if you're gay).

"" - cuddled up on a couch with a friend watching a movie, just those two.

"" - candlelight dinner for two at a great restaurant... without it being a special occasion.

"" - two planes tickets... hmm anywhere, without it being a special occasion.

etc.

What scenario would you find inappropriate? Maybe one I haven't mentioned... aside from the obvious.
Who is this question about?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-30-2011, 02:05 PM

1,133 posts, read 2,283,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by recuerdeme View Post
Your guy or gal walking on the beach at sunset (or sunrise) with a friend of opposite sex (or same sex if you're gay).

"" - cuddled up on a couch with a friend watching a movie, just those two.

"" - candlelight dinner for two at a great restaurant... without it being a special occasion.

"" - two planes tickets... hmm anywhere, without it being a special occasion.

etc.

What scenario would you find inappropriate? Maybe one I haven't mentioned... aside from the obvious.
Sunset beach walk can be innocent. Cuddling on couch is NEVER innocent. Candlelight dinner at a restaurant can be innocent. Two plane tickets anywhere is never innocent because you're forgetting about sleeping together, eating breakfast lunch, and dinner together, and experiencing a new site together.

Old 08-30-2011, 02:06 PM

12,585 posts, read 16,955,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 007.5 View Post
The 'it just happened' excuse, is nothing but willful self delusion ---- it doesnt 'just' happen... it comes with a decision to suppress ones moral conscience ON PURPOSE . Its funny how we willfully dupe ourselves isnt it ?
It just happened I got two plane tickets and neither one of them are for you.

Old 08-30-2011, 02:15 PM

3,770 posts, read 6,744,556 times
How about meeting up at a hotel during their lunch break?

Old 08-30-2011, 03:23 PM

2,994 posts, read 5,773,843 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by funymann View Post
It just happened I got two plane tickets and neither one of them are for you.
I dont like to fly in any case.

Old 08-30-2011, 03:47 PM

5,987 posts, read 10,472,793 times
Morality and ethics exist independent of god, and developed because evolutionary advantages accrued to the group. There are no absolute moral laws, except in your superstitious belief system.

Old 08-30-2011, 04:04 PM

2,994 posts, read 5,773,843 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TaoistDude View Post
Morality and ethics exist independent of god, and developed because evolutionary advantages accrued to the group. There are no absolute moral laws, except in your superstitious belief system.
Then morals and ethics originated from materials like hydrogen gas, helium, planets , and an accidental explosion ! I still have my personal Pet Rock left over from the 1980's which is a good friend....have you still got yours ?!

Its going to be very worthwhile getting to know the Creator thru a personal relationship now, getting ALL your many sins forgiven freely, and living a life pleasing to him . Its your choice, but, theres no going back once you breathe your final breath..because accountability follows every person at that time. Get on Gods side while you can and forsake the lures of the world which are not good for you. I hope youll really give this some thought and realize theres an evil Source thats competing for your Soul to end up in a ever regretful Hellish experience that wont end.

I used to use women years ago...until I snapped out of it and realized Gods incredible free grace in Christ. So long. Regards.

Old 08-30-2011, 04:35 PM

12,940 posts, read 21,624,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 007.5 View Post
So long as we pretend that God doesnt exist who is the moral law Provider, then all things including using others for a mere copulation...are totally permissable. So, which are you going to go with :

1. Everything in the Universe is just by mindless chance which means there are no absolute moral laws encumbant on all people , everywhere , at the same time ?

or

2. There is a personal theistic Creator who gave us absolute moral laws along with a conscience which is wrong to suppress so we can get our own way ?

If there is a #3, then please list. Thanks.
#3. The Universe was created by a sub-atomic collision gone haywire - a divine accident. Same with the Earth. Same with life. Therefore, #1 is closest to what I personally believe.

Except for the part concerning morality - that is a creation of Man. Some choose to follow rules, laws and edicts; others do not. Of those who follow, some do it out of fear; some, out of a sense of obligation. Therefore, since I perceive that there is no Universal Law of Morality that applies to everyone, everywhere, and I stick that into my Universal creation theory, I am left with only myself as a guide.

Old 08-31-2011, 10:15 AM

5,987 posts, read 10,472,793 times
Quote:
Keep mocking God and his moral standards. There is a price. (Galatians 6:7)
Sorry, but I will if I want to, since the rules prevent me from mocking you!

Old 08-31-2011, 10:40 AM

12,940 posts, read 21,624,973 times
Quote:
Moral laws are the same as physical laws. You obey the laws of gravity right?
Moral laws are in no way, shape or form the same as physical laws - c'mon ...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships