Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-17-2011, 08:48 AM

1,956 posts, read 4,876,777 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SifuPhil View Post
Tony, my son just started grad school and he's finding out it's a whole new world from the undergrad one.

I warned him before he went, and he said OK, but it didn't really hit until he started classes. He was telling me about the swimming pool they had that was built for the Olympic team to practice, the treadmills with LCD TVs (he's into physical training), all the toys the new place had ...

... then he hit grad-level stoichiometry, industrial engineering and all the other fun courses he's taking. He said his time is really, really tight now - something his live-in girlfriend has to deal with. Luckily, she's on a similar schedule.

The only one who is really upset about it is his bearded dragon.

Hang in there - if she's the One, it'll be worth the wait.
Thanks for the advice. The only time I see her is when I pick her up from school and drive her home. It does getting alittle frustrating because I want to hang out with her but I understand what she is going through.

Old 09-17-2011, 08:53 AM

22,331 posts, read 29,439,446 times
UUUGGGGGHHHH Just watched a very fit woman video on youtube and now I want to go run around the block for 5 hrs. Sometimes I have to remind myself I'm 36 not 26 anymore

Old 09-17-2011, 09:34 AM

12,940 posts, read 21,624,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thursday007 View Post

(Ossifer Phil & No-Weenie Phil)
LOL - hardly, but thanks for the thought!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD4020
years ago at my old house, they property next to my house was pair of old apartments, one night an ex boyfriend stabbed his ex. There was a SWAT call out and the whole nine yards. Glad he didn't come over the fence. He'd a brought a knife to a gun fight.
Good. Thing is, he's probably out on good behavior already.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northside904
Stuff like that is unusual for a small town. Most of the time you hear nothing but crickets at night.
Yeah, this is located just outside of the main center-city and it's usually a sleepy little place. It's just when you get the occasional white trash making a pit-stop here that you get problems.

I see it as practice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawk J
I was sitting outside last night listening to the crickets & frogs.
You're despicable!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony22
Thanks for the advice. The only time I see her is when I pick her up from school and drive her home. It does getting alittle frustrating because I want to hang out with her but I understand what she is going through.
You're welcome - I wish I had some more useful advice.

Old 09-17-2011, 09:37 AM

52,269 posts, read 52,700,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justthe6ofus View Post
Sorry to hear about your BIL Chow
I hope things turn around for him.
Thanks, we're getting mixed messages from the doctors, at first things were OK, now were hearing that he almost died twice in the hospital.

He's still in ICU, were gonna go down there later, only allow 2 people in the room at the same time, were gonna have to juggle I guess.

Mrs. Chow told me that one of the doctors was getting really rude and sarcastic to her mother. I told Mrs. Chow that if I was around and heard that I'd put my foot so far up his ass he'd be choking on the leather. Pr ick, damn doctors think that they walk on water and these bastards forget who the f ck they work for.

Don't get me started on the AMA.... they are pulling a bunch of other crap worthy of a thread in of its own.

Old 09-17-2011, 09:49 AM

529 posts, read 1,301,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by himain View Post
UUUGGGGGHHHH Just watched a very fit woman video on youtube and now I want to go run around the block for 5 hrs. Sometimes I have to remind myself I'm 36 not 26 anymore
Something similar happened to me last night, I was watching Thor and wanted to go hit the gym right then (and I'm 36 too.)
You don't need it anyway, you are beautiful.

Old 09-17-2011, 11:05 AM

12,573 posts, read 15,565,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
Speaking of shi*t like this, the goddamn base here just scared the shi*t out of me! I was reading in bed and heard something like an explosion rattling my house. At first I thought something was happening IN the house... perhaps the water heater exploded or an earthquake or something... I was even afraid to go to the garage, got out of the front door and took the spare garage opener with me. Nothing was wrong with my house, but the garage door was almost open! All the neighbors got out wondering WTF was going on. Soon the more "connected" people found out the goddamn base was doing "controlled" explosions! Explosions at almost 11 p.m.! Can't you friggin' do them during the day instead of freaking people out?! Not to mention, today was a particularly good day because there was already some scare about a gunman being on the base. Eventually, it turned out there was no man or gun!

The only good thing is that I now know for a fact my garage door opens on its own somehow should something like this happen! It happened once before on the 4th of July because of the fireworks, but I was told I was imagining things and I forgot to close it. I knew I hadn't! It freaks me out because I don't usually lock the door to the house, unless I travel. Gotta do something about it... Not sure what, though... The neighbors' garage doors didn't open. Only mine did...

Effing morons! At least I wasn't asleep yet.
Ahhhh, life in paradise. <takes a deep breath.......and>

Old 09-17-2011, 11:05 AM

19,046 posts, read 25,196,082 times
Lovely Saturday so far. Chess, iced coffee, a bit of the boob tube (ghost whisperer). I have to get my but in gear and go blow the leaves.

Old 09-17-2011, 11:14 AM

I think this covers the bases well:

Jeff Dunham Spark Of Insanity - Walter - Part #2 - YouTube

Old 09-17-2011, 11:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunwyn View Post
Lovely Saturday so far. Chess, iced coffee, a bit of the boob tube (ghost whisperer). I have to get my but in gear and go blow the leaves.
Awww, does your husband feel left out?

Old 09-17-2011, 11:19 AM

52,269 posts, read 52,700,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WFW&P View Post
Awww, does your husband feel left out?
He he he.... chuckles all around.......

Thanks, I needed that...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships