Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-25-2011, 10:08 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,880,668 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD4020 View Post
Yes. With a keyboard I could do documents and spreadsheets.
I think you should get one. It sold me with doing education teachings with your kids.

Old 09-25-2011, 10:11 PM

27,957 posts, read 39,795,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
I think you should get one. It sold me with doing education teachings with your kids.
Yeah. I still like my netbooks. Windows 7 for half the price of iPad.

Old 09-25-2011, 10:21 PM

17,869 posts, read 21,004,355 times
God so much terrible grammar and miss spellings tonight I think my head exploded.

Jesus people, is it really that difficult to use women for plural and not use the singular woman in every single sentence? I think this is by far my biggest pet peeve on this forum. I seriously think these people failed first grade English.

There are others, and I'm not trying to be this grammar nazi, and I know I make the occasional mistake and I do try to go back and correct them, but man some of these things just slay me. "Me and my..." is almost as bad as my pet peeve above. It should be "My XX and I..." Sometimes, when I read this, I just want to go and punch a baby.

Old 09-25-2011, 10:29 PM

12,940 posts, read 21,628,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justthe6ofus View Post
Brilliant as always!
Thank you, m'Lady!

... and best wishes on your bra-quest - may your straps never pinch nor your cups runneth over!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD4020
Windows 7 for half the price of iPad.
I have a deep, dark secret to confess - I've been cheating.

On Win7.

With Linux.

They both live in the same place, but neither one knows the other exists. They don't even share files yet. I've been hooked-up with Winnie for many years now - I've been through the births of many generations of her offspring - but they've all been kind of slow and bloated. Sure, they wear fancy clothes and they seem nice enough on the outside, but that slowness and bloat always shows in the end.

Along comes Linux - a slim little number with no discernible hang-ups. Sure, she's in the public eye - everyone gets a chance to use her for FREE! - but she's become a more refined woman over the years, whereas Winnie is becoming an operating system soiled dove - always making more demands, forcing you to spend ever more dollars on her for ever-decreasing fun.

And I'm a sugar-daddy to NO system. Even if they DO call me "Papi".

So my plan is to continue to use Winnie, but quietly meet with Linux and explore her shapely lines of code more fully, in the hopes that some day in the near future I'll have a new lady to play with 24/7.

... and that's when I'll leave Winnie on the side of the road.

Old 09-25-2011, 10:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince_Frog View Post
God so much terrible grammar and miss spellings tonight I think my head exploded.

Jesus people, is it really that difficult to use women for plural and not use the singular woman in every single sentence? I think this is by far my biggest pet peeve on this forum. I seriously think these people failed first grade English.

There are others, and I'm not trying to be this grammar nazi, and I know I make the occasional mistake and I do try to go back and correct them, but man some of these things just slay me. "Me and my..." is almost as bad as my pet peeve above. It should be "My XX and I..."
The woman/women thing drives me crazy too - I've lost count of them. I figure, if they can't get THAT right then it's no wonder they can't GET a women.

Quote:
Sometimes, when I read this, I just want to go and punch a baby.
Me too!

Old 09-25-2011, 10:35 PM

I'd like to try Linux... I am not savy enough to install it and set it up to make it work.

Old 09-25-2011, 10:36 PM

52,287 posts, read 52,723,379 times
Quote:
I'd like to try Linux... I am not savy enough to install it and set it up to make it work.
I'm savy enough... I just don't have the time or the energy.....

Old 09-25-2011, 10:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
I'm savy enough... I just don't have the time or the energy.....
Then the next question would be, what all would I do with a Linux machine?

I remember my first laptop and desktop both having widnows 95. Then 98... . XP was the least offensive of the windows platforms. Then again I remember the DOS days.

Old 09-25-2011, 10:40 PM

Quote:
I was a bit concerned too, with all the talk about partitioning and such, but there's a program called Wubi that automatically installs the latest Linux version (Lynx) on your 'puter alongside of Windows. It was painless and quick, and the only difference now is when you boot up you choose which OS to use.

Of course I can't share files easily yet without some involved work-arounds, but when (and if) I make the decision to go 100% that will solve itself.

Old 09-25-2011, 10:44 PM

6,143 posts, read 7,560,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince_Frog View Post

There are others, and I'm not trying to be this grammar nazi, and I know I make the occasional mistake and I do try to go back and correct them, but man some of these things just slay me. "Me and my..." is almost as bad as my pet peeve above. It should be "My XX and I..." Sometimes, when I read this, I just want to go and punch a baby.
I'd rather eat a baby.

Slicing the baby cake (Official) - YouTube
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships