Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-14-2011, 01:33 PM

2,650 posts, read 3,012,284 times

Advertisements

Then don't. It sounds like a little breathing room might be good for you anyways. I sent my wife over to Europe and various other places on vacation (solo) over the years. It was good for her to let everything go every once in a while and have a change. For me in this place a bad day can be really bad. People died bad. Going home is and always was such a weight off my shoulders and it was a change of scene. That is something she never had. She never got to step outside of her life, let everything go. Unless we made it happen. A trip was a way of letting her breathe, let her learn to appreciate what she had, let those who lived in the home she made learn to appreciate her. I don't know if it works for everybody but it worked for us.

Old 10-14-2011, 01:48 PM

15,714 posts, read 21,070,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crabman1 View Post
Then don't. It sounds like a little breathing room might be good for you anyways. I sent my wife over to Europe and various other places on vacation (solo) over the years. It was good for her to let everything go every once in a while and have a change. For me in this place a bad day can be really bad. People died bad. Going home is and always was such a weight off my shoulders and it was a change of scene. That is something she never had. She never got to step outside of her life, let everything go. Unless we made it happen. A trip was a way of letting her breathe, let her learn to appreciate what she had, let those who lived in the home she made learn to appreciate her. I don't know if it works for everybody but it worked for us.
You make it sound so easy and I wish it were.

There's the time, money and the willingness for everyone else in this house to pick up the slack...and I know that won't happen.

I did get away for a night back in the summer...it was a tease. But I may broach the subject again. Maybe I'll make my birthday weekend trip a week trip instead.

Old 10-14-2011, 02:10 PM

2,650 posts, read 3,012,284 times
Such a journey could be made on the cheap. Gas, clean but not fancy hotels, eat decent but not at expensive places. I think willingness was the key word in your response. There are many things I have done that were easy save mustering the will to start the venture in the first place. Seems like that is often the hardest thing, taking the first step. Maybe that is just me.

Old 10-14-2011, 02:39 PM

52,267 posts, read 52,686,640 times
I'm so friggin agitated with work and a couple of co-workers I can't even think straight.

I literally can't concentrate.... Unrealistic deadlines..... unrealistic technical demands..... Our sales staff are the biggest bunch of whores I've ever seen, tell a customer we can do anything... never bother to deal with silly thing like understanding the details... "Oh, yeah, no problem we can do that."

If I had a gun.......

J/K....

sorta.

Old 10-14-2011, 03:01 PM

12,940 posts, read 21,622,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crabman1 View Post
Well said. Having been on both sides of the equation - in JT6OU's shoes as well as a (carefree) bachelor - I find it incredibly easier to let everything go when I'm a solo act.

Responsibilities, like albatrosses around the neck, weigh one down at times like that.

Old 10-14-2011, 03:03 PM

17,635 posts, read 22,639,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
I'm so friggin agitated with work and a couple of co-workers I can't even think straight.

I literally can't concentrate.... Unrealistic deadlines..... unrealistic technical demands..... Our sales staff are the biggest bunch of whores I've ever seen, tell a customer we can do anything... never bother to deal with silly thing like understanding the details... "Oh, yeah, no problem we can do that."

If I had a gun.......

J/K....

sorta.

Old 10-14-2011, 03:14 PM

17,869 posts, read 20,996,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Vanderburgh View Post
I'm not sure, but I think I might be Sifu's alt.
Weren't we twins?!

Damn. There go my plans..

Old 10-14-2011, 03:38 PM

12,573 posts, read 15,563,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post

If I had a gun.......

J/K....

sorta.
Sounds similar to booger eating morons I have to face each day.

Old 10-14-2011, 03:42 PM

12,573 posts, read 15,563,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justthe6ofus View Post
I'm thinking you should go someplace warm and tropical after all that cold and snow!

Ahh, don't worry about me. That's why I took up running again

Yeah, sad huh? We were going to head to the mountains for Thanksgiving but we just don't want to spend the money, his job is teetering. Company is for sale and we don't know what is going to come of it.

January is a girls weekend...heading to the mountains for a 10K race and then we have the rest of the weekend to do what we want. Should be a lot of fun!

I might go away by myself for a weekend in March for my birthday but that's pretty far away too. There's an 8K night race in Beaufort SC followed by an oyster roast. There's a B&B I've been wanting to stay in down there so I figured I could make a weekend of it. Might see if one of my friends wants to go.
The "Oyster Roast 8k"; now that would be an interesting event.

Old 10-14-2011, 04:15 PM

17,869 posts, read 20,996,352 times
Every now and again, my facebook gives me reason to continue to use it for random stuff.

Here's a video that one of my friend's posted on his wall:

The Tug Toner - YouTube
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships