Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-10-2011, 09:04 AM

2,501 posts, read 3,656,423 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tobias C View Post
Correct. None of this stops til you say so.

Do you question his motives? I mean, its simple enough to accept the fact that he likes you, but does he pursue you because hes still truely in love with you, or because youre someone, who hes familiar and comfortable with, to love. Theres a difference between him needing "YOU" and needing "SOMEONE SUCH AS YOURSELF".

Have you actually told him to stop completely communicating with you. As long as he can still send you texts, he can still get to you, and maybe part of you even subconsciously likes that?
No. I actually just ignore his texts. The stunt he pulled yesterday really p*ssed me off!!

I think he's trying to manipulate me because he knows I have a sweet nature and wants to take advantage of that!

He also gives me this bs about him not being able to find another girl! Well, in this state of emotion he's in, he needs to clear his head and mature before he can think about finding someone other than me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-10-2011, 09:05 AM

28,895 posts, read 54,285,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CancerianMoonPrincess View Post
No. I actually just ignore his texts. The stunt he pulled yesterday really p*ssed me off!!

I think he's trying to manipulate me because he knows I have a sweet nature and wants to take advantage of that!

He also gives me this bs about him not being able to find another girl! Well, in this state of emotion he's in, he needs to clear his head and mature before he can think about finding someone other than me.
It's really easy. Just text him back, saying, "Quit stalking me. You are abusing my good nature." And if he continues to do so, block his ass.

Old 09-10-2011, 09:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpg35223 View Post
It's really easy. Just text him back, saying, "Quit stalking me. You are abusing my good nature." And if he continues to do so, block his ass.
Thanks.

I will gladly do it and I don't care what flack I get for it anymore.

Old 09-10-2011, 09:14 AM

8,679 posts, read 15,297,487 times
Quote:
My brother wasn't the only one giving me flack for telling him that. I told my parents what happened and they too said I took it too far. I'm not giving him any hope.
Stop telling your parents every detail of your lovelife, and tell your brother to butt out. It is none of their business.

Tell your ex there is no chance of the two of you ever getting back together, and that you feel it is best that the two of you don't have contact so that you can both move on.

It's not that difficult. If you can't manage these simple things, you have no business dating anyone--including the person you "kind of" met.

Old 09-10-2011, 09:17 AM

You're right. I need to do that. It's just hard because he hangs out in my brother's circle of friends and blabs almost anything going on!

I swear that guy could be a reporter for a career!

Old 09-10-2011, 09:21 AM

28,895 posts, read 54,285,011 times
Quote:
Thanks.

I will gladly do it and I don't care what flack I get for it anymore.
Good deal. Just because you're nice doesn't mean that your backbone was surgically removed.

Old 09-10-2011, 09:24 AM

4,176 posts, read 10,711,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
You can't.

So quit trying.

He is not ready to just be your friend - not emotionally capable of it.

The kindest thing you can do for him is to cut him loose.

You don't have to be mean about it or cut him out of your life (that would make him feel worse), just be less and less available to him. Don't answer his calls or texts. Don't hang out or go places with him. Just be too busy to have him in your life.
This is true.

I had a 'friend" whom I dated for awhile; he loved to show a girl a good time, we had a lot of fun together and enjoyed each other's company... and then he declared his undying love for me. He wanted me to not only quit my job so he could 'take care of me', he wanted nothing to do with my friends, family, or even my own two small children! I told him I wasn't ready to go that route (recently divorced), but I still would be friends and hang out. He got angry and hurt. I thought he was over it, until one day he didn't show up to work and the boss called me. I went to his house, and he had tried to commit suicide by swallowing a bottle of aspirin and drinking a bottle of wine. He told everyone - me, the paramedics, the nurses, the docs, his boss and co-workers - that he had done it because I wouldn't marry him. Instead of feeling guilty, I was pissed. That sort of drama and manipulative behavior doesn't endear a person to me, only makes me angry that they think they can get their own way by using it!

I told him I never wanted to see him again, he was out of my life. So he seduced my best friend instead. I warned her about him, but she was "in love". He made her break off her relationship with not only me, but with all of her friends and family "so they could be one". I lost track of her, but the last time I saw her, this once freedom-loving and independent-thinking young woman was cowed and afraid, and when he called her, she left right then and there, saying, "He loves me and doesn't want you to influence me". It didn't help that he used his newfound religious commitment as a lever to tell her that she should 'cleave to him only, as the Bible says'.

Lots of people manipulate others with "love". That isn't love, that is power; and I don't play power games. If that's what makes some happy, they can have it. But a free and independent woman should never have to break off relationships with family or friends unless she chooses to, not just because some partner needs to control her.

Old 09-10-2011, 09:29 AM

Sounds like you dodged an abusive bullet. You're right! I needn't feel guilty about a butthurt 17 YO who's trying to manipulate me!

Old 09-10-2011, 04:14 PM

861 posts, read 1,127,575 times
Just cut all contact with him, he'll get the message sooner or later

Old 09-12-2011, 09:30 AM

3,184 posts, read 4,859,657 times
MoonPrincess I'm glad you know how to be nice/polite but also direct and FIRM. That is a quality lost on many many people (man/woman/adult/child/anyone). To me it's a sign of high maturity and excellent communicative skills.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships