Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-15-2011, 01:41 PM

2,309 posts, read 3,852,429 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pimpy View Post
I'm confused. From the first couple paragraphs of your post I got the impression that your buddy, his wife, and this girl all live in Myrtle Beach. But then you started talking about staying in a hotel.

How far away from you does this girl live? If it is more than an hour or so, just move on to the next girl. If it is an hour or less, don't contact her anymore as you have already put the ball in her court. If she has any interest in seeing you again, she will get back to you or at least relay that information through your mutual friends.

If a few months pass and you hear nothing, suffice it to say that she doesn't want to date you. However, if the hook-up you had was good (and she thought so too), I don't see anything wrong at that point with getting back in touch with her and trying for a FWB or occasional booty call type relationship.

sorry they all live in florence, sc. i live in greenville, sc. myrtle is about an hour from florence (45 minutes maybe). greenville is 3 hours from florence / 4 from myrtle.

the impression i got from my buddy was that she is looking for more than a booty call and from her when we were having small talk mentioned that literally a friday night for her is sitting at home with her cat. which for a hot girl who is educated was impressive but then again she lives in florence, sc haha.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-15-2011, 01:49 PM

2,336 posts, read 7,032,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greenvillebuckeye View Post
sorry they all live in florence, sc. i live in greenville, sc. myrtle is about an hour from florence (45 minutes maybe). greenville is 3 hours from florence / 4 from myrtle.

the impression i got from my buddy was that she is looking for more than a booty call and from her when we were having small talk mentioned that literally a friday night for her is sitting at home with her cat. which for a hot girl who is educated was impressive but then again she lives in florence, sc haha.
Surely your buddy has the scoop by now, but I wouldn't worry too much about it at this point. The best attitude you could have about the whole ordeal is, "At least I got laid (or something close to it)."

I hear Greenville is a great town. My cousin and her fiance live there. They are getting married in a couple months in the mountains, but I wish the wedding was in in Greenville because I would love to check out the scene. From what I have heard, there is plenty of talent there that should make you forget about the Florence chick pretty quickly.

Old 09-15-2011, 01:50 PM

2,472 posts, read 4,215,268 times
What were you texting her about? If you wanted to talk to her or get to know her better it's best to call because she may not have wanted to text back and forth. Also, if you send a text and she doesn't reply to it, texting her again after that could come off as clingy.

As others have implied, if she lives three hours away a relationship probably won't work. Sorry to say, but she sounds like a girl you only call when you're in the area.

Old 09-16-2011, 05:04 AM

update and clarification:

it's not like i texted her as soon as i got in the car to drive home folks. i texted her the following day with just a "hey hope you had fun this weekend" kind of text. then followed it up with checking to see how her day was going and if it was going well kind of text. called her the following evening (Tuesday) and left a voicemail. no response back. haven't texted or called since tuesday.

some of these replies make it sound like i was non stop texting / calling her as soon as i got in the car to drive home.

still confused to say the least. we had a ton in common and according to my buddy shes very conservative when it comes to things like sex (at least as far as he knew haha) so i'm a little confused still as to why a girl who i have a ton in common with and like wise and who obviously wasn't shy in the bedroom with me (a relative stranger) would then not even shoot me a text back saying "i got your voicemail just really busy". hec, i'd take even an email that said "not interested".

Old 09-16-2011, 05:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmyy View Post
Drive by her house a few times while texting her. That always goes over well.

i live 3 hours away. the cost of gas would own me!! :-) haha

Old 09-16-2011, 05:28 AM

2,392 posts, read 5,726,363 times
Quote:

still confused to say the least. we had a ton in common and according to my buddy shes very conservative when it comes to things like sex (at least as far as he knew haha) so i'm a little confused still as to why a girl who i have a ton in common with and like wise and who obviously wasn't shy in the bedroom with me (a relative stranger) would then not even shoot me a text back saying "i got your voicemail just really busy". hec, i'd take even an email that said "not interested".
Key points highlighted in bold.

You've answered your own question right here in the paragraph above. I also answered for you a couple of posts back. She got her rocks off with a stranger and now she's feeling a little embarrassed about it. No worries. Basically, you have to write her off. She won't contact you now that the tryst is done.

Old 09-16-2011, 06:46 AM

553 posts, read 1,545,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by he's so hott View Post
She got her rocks off with a stranger and now she's feeling a little embarrassed about it. No worries. Basically, you have to write her off. She won't contact you now that the tryst is done.
I'm going to agree with this post. Sadly, I've been in that girls shoes before. After a "no-sex", but major make out session with a little too much wine would make me want to crawl under a rock the next morning. Add on the texting and it cheapens it even more. That was your first mistake, IMO. You should've just called her the next day to tell her what a great time you had. That would've scored some major points (at least with me). But all is not lost yet. Give it a little time and see what happens. Good luck!

Old 09-16-2011, 09:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by he's so hott View Post
Key points highlighted in bold.

You've answered your own question right here in the paragraph above. I also answered for you a couple of posts back. She got her rocks off with a stranger and now she's feeling a little embarrassed about it. No worries. Basically, you have to write her off. She won't contact you now that the tryst is done.

the feeling embarrased about it part is what actually crossed my mind after it took her so long to reply back even once. oh well.

Old 09-16-2011, 09:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierce2011 View Post
I'm going to agree with this post. Sadly, I've been in that girls shoes before. After a "no-sex", but major make out session with a little too much wine would make me want to crawl under a rock the next morning. Add on the texting and it cheapens it even more. That was your first mistake, IMO. You should've just called her the next day to tell her what a great time you had. That would've scored some major points (at least with me). But all is not lost yet. Give it a little time and see what happens. Good luck!

understood. i did at first after the fact contemplate the idea that maybe she had had a few too many and that was why, but in public she was flirty with me but not like drunk girl flirty where they are basically all over you for the whole bar to see. at this point i'm right in tune with the advice of wait and see what happens. because even in the light of day when we saying our goodbyes she said she'd like to come spend a weekend with me soon. again could of been saying whatever to just get me on the road without further embarassment haha.

Old 09-16-2011, 09:10 AM

2,472 posts, read 4,215,268 times
Quote:
update and clarification:

it's not like i texted her as soon as i got in the car to drive home folks. i texted her the following day with just a "hey hope you had fun this weekend" kind of text. then followed it up with checking to see how her day was going and if it was going well kind of text. called her the following evening (Tuesday) and left a voicemail. no response back. haven't texted or called since tuesday.

some of these replies make it sound like i was non stop texting / calling her as soon as i got in the car to drive home.
In your original post you wrote "texted her 3 times yesterday (monday) received one text back that was very short. texted her again this morning twice with no reply since. and this girl from what i can is glued to her phone." According to this post you texted her five times and got one response. In my opinion, that's a little much. As a poster above mentioned, you probably would have gained more points if you had just called her first since it sounds like you just wanted to talk. She might have been busy and not felt like texting back and forth for a while.

The ball is in her court since you've already done enough (probably too much). If she still wants to see you, she will call you back. There isn't much you can do at this point.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships