Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-22-2011, 04:31 AM

2,392 posts, read 5,722,805 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by spinx View Post
You act as though it's the females fault. How bout you men quit trying to decipher and just approach a woman if you like her? It's not rocket science. You guys waste so much time over analyzing things that you often miss the boat.
What is this just approach stuff I keep reading here? Most women don't won't just any man approaching them. It's obvious from the threads we see here with guys talking about approaching women in various places.

Old 09-22-2011, 04:32 AM

2,392 posts, read 5,722,805 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SVTRay View Post
The American divorce rate could be cut in half if men didn't have to go around trying to decipher every female signal. If you want us to call, tell us. You don't like this, say it. I'm just too dang old for games I guess....and I'm ambidextrous as well
True but they change their minds every 30 seconds so you would never be on firm ground. It's all about timing.

Old 09-22-2011, 04:56 AM

13,011 posts, read 13,038,222 times
Men have to pursue because that is our cultural norm. It is simply what is expected.

You may not like it, but that does not change the fact that it is the way the world works.

So ask for a few numbers. Tell a few women that you would like to grab a drink with them. If you get turned down, move on, and ask the next woman. After you do this a bit, the sting of rejection becomes easier to deal with.

Sure, the first few times a woman says no it will bother you, but in the grand scheme of life, it is better to suffer a few minor rejections along the way so that you can ultimately find true love. Or at least great sex.

Old 09-22-2011, 06:34 AM

2,793 posts, read 6,121,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Veyron View Post
Why do men still have to pursue? I was talking to this one girl and we were connecting extremely well. She was really interested in me and what not. She had to leave and she was waiting on me to ask her for her phone number.

It was awkward and obvious too. I didn't ask for her number because I'm tired of pursueing. Its tiring and a waste of energy. I'm actually considering giving up and marrying my right hand.
If you didn't bother to ask her out, then you probably deep down, in your gut really didn't want to. You'll know when you meet the one you want. Asking her to go out with you will almost be effortless.

Old 09-22-2011, 06:43 AM

9,000 posts, read 10,173,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
Are young men today so flippin' lazy that they don't even want to follow a male's nature inclination to pursue the woman that they are interested in? Its so very sad that young men today have become like fat, lazy lions in a zoo waiting to have their food tossed at them rather than going on the hunt.

Men pursue women...why fight against thousands of years of evolution?
The way I see it, men are supposed to have that hunt inside of them. If a man can't even get up the nerve to approach a woman he's attracted to, his head is just not in the game

Last edited by believe007; 09-22-2011 at 07:59 AM..

Old 09-22-2011, 06:56 AM

529 posts, read 1,300,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
Are young men today so flippin' lazy that they don't even want to follow a male's nature inclination to pursue the woman that they are interested in? Its so very sad that young men today have become like fat, lazy lions in a zoo waiting to have their food tossed at them rather than going on the hunt.
LMAO, so easy to criticize from the comforts of your armchair, isn't it?

Both sexes should have skin in the game, from start to finish, not just the "other" one.

Old 09-22-2011, 07:32 AM

42,831 posts, read 88,139,890 times
You don't have to. You can always choose to turn your man card in.

Last edited by JustJulia; 09-29-2011 at 04:56 AM..

Old 09-22-2011, 07:44 AM

2,068 posts, read 4,335,608 times
Quote:
Why do men still have to pursue? I was talking to this one girl and we were connecting extremely well. She was really interested in me and what not. She had to leave and she was waiting on me to ask her for her phone number.

It was awkward and obvious too. I didn't ask for her number because I'm tired of pursueing. Its tiring and a waste of energy. I'm actually considering giving up and marrying my right hand.

Old 09-22-2011, 07:57 AM

977 posts, read 1,814,748 times
Because some other guy will pursue if he's interested. If all men stopped asking women out, women would adapt and ask out men more often. But since they don't currently have to, why would they? It's that simple.

Old 09-22-2011, 07:58 AM

1,904 posts, read 2,986,415 times
Quote:

Fact is you're probably not a very good looking guy. Many studs get by strictly on looks, and they usually have several women at their beck and call.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships