Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-28-2011, 07:53 AM

551 posts, read 1,122,181 times

Advertisements

Guys give me some advice please take time to understand the story here .

First off, I want to say. Im not really the type of dude to be asking love questions and what ever but im new to this, im an early teen. I was cool with messing around with girl to girl this past summer till I went out with this girl towards like 2-3 weeks prior to school time. So it took within a month for us to go out because she wanted to chose between me and a friend of mine who happens to live in her neighborhood, their families are close, they knew each other for a while.(I met her in my old neighborhood park during july and we started going out in august). But yea I told her straight up like " im tired of waiting, look at the both of us and decide between the good and the bad". She said "yea your right" and she chose me. I was really confused at the beginning because we haven't seen each other in

3 WEEKS at one point, im like why are we together then? she says she doesn't know why she did that. So i decided to be a player and I just found out she's bipolar, her friend even said so while we were all hanging out one time its all making sense.

P.S. im going through a time to time basis telling the story so you may find me jumping around a bit, please just help me though..... but currently we have been going out for 2 1/2 months now and she says she loves me which is hard to believe.

Me and the guy go to the same school and she told me she asked him "do you know if BLANK has a girlfriend?" and he replied "Why to see If he's cheating on you?". She says he seemed bothered but she doesn't care because she's happy with me. But we had no clue that he knew about it, but I think its from the social networks we are on or word had spread. So im thinking, she must care about me because she's asking a guy she had old ties with about me so he must really be out the picture. The friend and I are still cool But in school he never asks me anything about her and like I feel a little tiny bit of tension but I act normal. One time I caught him grilling me all funny one time then I gave him five like "whats up" lol I knew at the back of my mind what that was about....

Back to the love part:

I mean, we hang out on weekends specifically because I have a busy schedule I play sports. Sometimes im not feeling her vibe like she doesn't care about me (takes long to text sometimes, its rare for her to call, we text for the majority of the time) last time she called me was like a week or 2 ago crying because she think I will leave and how much she loves me. She said "she cant explain why she loves me, just because im me." I asked her what love means to you and she said "when i think about the person 24/7 and I bring them up out of nowhere". The only time she tells me she misses me is during the week after we had hung out all night touching,kissing, all that good stuff, I stop texting her as frequently unpurpose after we hang out. ya dig? LOL.

3 days ago I had broken a piece of my normal schedule just to go see her and she was on some crazy ****. One minute she was happy next minute she was upset. first time i've ever seen her like that. I was pissed because I didn't have to miss out on what I had planned I only went because I suprisingly missed her so now I snapped out of it. She even said that its better that we see each other on weekends because she so called "has stress" during the week.

Also in our love conversation she said she has a problem showing emotion because she "loved" before so she fears putting in effort in a relationship now she is willing to change back. She's a virgo as well, they say that they have emotion problems as far as showing them. But Is this really love?

should I really settle down, keep messing with other chicks, or stick through the bipolar-ish bullsh*t?

Like I know some of the guys she's been with before I know 2 of them, and I have no problem with that. Thats the least of my concern, i dont get jealous like most dudes and its not like she's a tramp though LOL. My boys told me about her.... All i give her is my time, I dont buy her anything nothing like that. She knows I got sidelines and I could leave anytime, but she wont let me go. why? what's so good about me? everytime we were on the verge of breaking up she would say I like you too much, we cant be friends.

I do like her too, I found myself one time thinking about her all day like I was driving myself crazy. Im not afraid to talk about my feelings as a man. but I snap out of things like that and get to reality (when I thought of her all day).

In a nutshell what im saying is, she says she loves me but im trying to understand why she doesn't always show it? am I putting her way too high on my pedistal?

What should I do about my situation? I think I should just keep on talking to other girls as if im single, I have other pu$$y on the line but when I think of really cheating my girl pops in my head and I feel bad. I think im better off single.

Last edited by AstonMartinNY; 10-28-2011 at 08:12 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-28-2011, 08:34 AM

3,993 posts, read 8,927,861 times
Frankly, you sound like a typical arrogant jock

"I have other p**sy on the line".
WTF is all that about ?? Who died and made you God ?

"She knows I got sidelines"
"my boys told me all about her"

What are you, like 15 ??

Old 10-28-2011, 08:46 AM

Default Exactly

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobman View Post
Frankly, you sound like a typical arrogant jock

"I have other p**sy on the line".
WTF is all that about ?? Who died and made you God ?

"She knows I got sidelines"
"my boys told me all about her"

What are you, like 15 ??
Im not telling you my age but I am young. You guessed close but anyway before you think I am even more of a dick let me just say. Im being real, I have a girlfriend that says she loves me right? I kinda feel the same but she doesn't always show love for me enough to believe it. So I still hang on to other girls ("sidelines", "other *****") because I don't completely trust her. My boys from my old neighborhood in which they and my girl still live in know her as well and they tell me she's a keeper but they also tell me that they dont know about her when it comes to her behavior in school with other dudes. So forgive me for being a dude that has learn from past relationships which is why more than half of us are considered "*******s". Im not acting like I am god almighty, im just stating my situation and im coming here for help.

Old 10-28-2011, 08:54 AM

3,993 posts, read 8,927,861 times
Then stop talking like a boy, and start talking like a man.

You don't have to keep up your "cool" image among us.

If you want help, you have to climb down from your high horse and talk openly.

Trust me, your OP will set a lot of teeth gnashing among the female fraternity of the board, and all you will d is isolate the very people who you need the most to help you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AstonMartinNY View Post
Im not telling you my age but I am young. You guessed close but anyway before you think I am even more of a dick let me just say. Im being real, I have a girlfriend that says she loves me right? I kinda feel the same but she doesn't always show love for me enough to believe it. So I still hang on to other girls ("sidelines", "other *****") because I don't completely trust her. My boys from my old neighborhood in which they and my girl still live in know her as well and they tell me she's a keeper but they also tell me that they dont know about her when it comes to her behavior in school with other dudes. So forgive me for being a dude that has learn from past relationships which is why more than half of us are considered "*******s". Im not acting like I am god almighty, im just stating my situation and im coming here for help.

Old 10-28-2011, 08:58 AM

10,564 posts, read 12,822,450 times
Quote:

Trust me, your OP will set a lot of teeth gnashing among the female fraternity of the board, and all you will d is isolate the very people who you need the most to help you.
OOOOOh that is so politically in-correct...to act like a MAN - but honor is what makes a man... Telling the truth - keeping your word...having the power and courage to fight when absolutely neccesary - and the capacity to love and show tenderness-- and above all to stand tall no matter what other think - that is a MAN and we are running short of them.

Old 10-28-2011, 09:04 AM

2,006 posts, read 4,308,105 times
In your post it sounds like you are maybe in HS or the early years of college.

Its pretty clear that she's playing the field and playing you. I knew this from the point when you said you waited for her to make a choice, no that's just when she decided that she was going to have her cake and eat it too.

Your too young to be talking about settling down, you should never take a day off from school just because some little hole is trying to put you through a test. You shouldn't tolerate behavior like that, its unacceptable.

My advice to you would be to keep smashing other girls, but don't get them pregnant. Also focus on your studies as well, do well enough and you'll reap the rewards of money, traveling and enough interesting experiences while banging women beyond the confines of your countries borders.

Old 10-28-2011, 09:07 AM

2,006 posts, read 4,308,105 times
Quote:

He is talking openly, it's called a show of testosterone.

A female is the last person who should be giving him advice.

Old 10-28-2011, 09:13 AM

13,511 posts, read 19,284,780 times
AstonMartinNY.....you're waaaay too young to be concerned about whether a girl loves you or not...the girls you see are just that...girls.You can't begin to understand what being with a woman is like, because you've got a pile of growing up to do first....you really should stick with the casual dating...because your mind is no-way near developed enough to even comprehend the intricasies of a real, loving, and lasting relationship.

Old 10-28-2011, 09:30 AM

11,798 posts, read 12,035,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by purehuman View Post
you've got a pile of growing up to do first....you really should stick with the casual dating...because your mind is no-way near developed enough to even comprehend the intricasies of a real, loving, and lasting relationship.
This is so true. A young person's brain isn't fully formed until age 25 so you have a lot of years ahead of you. Teens are just learning to interact socially and through trial and error at this stage, hopefully positive experiences will shape them into healthy adults down the road.

Take it from us old folks, you honestly don't know what love is at this stage. You have your own teen version of it, but once you've grown and matured, real genuine love won't be much like it was in your teens at all.

Old 10-28-2011, 09:34 AM

Thanks guys for the great feedback, im feeling better about what I have done. I no longer feel as bad, I think we'll break up today though. You guys really woke me up LOL. Also, @bobman im talking like how us men talk. problem?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships