Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-31-2011, 07:56 AM

37,624 posts, read 46,026,601 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whyte Byrd View Post
Everyone else pretty much covered it pretty well so I'll just say, about the bolded, hogwash! I successfully completed two colleges in my mid to late 30s with all ages of men and women. No one had anything but praise for anyone furthering their education. And, pardon my ignorance but, WTH do you mean, exactly, by the part in red?
No freaking kidding. I got my BA at 32. I make a good living, and I enjoy my career. I don't know WTF the OP is smoking, but he should probably switch brands.

To the OP: Frankly, after reading your post, I can tell you that most women WILL find you undesirable, if you are anything at all like what you portrayed yourself to be in that post. You need to take yourself down a few notches pal, and then down some more. You really ain't all that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-31-2011, 08:19 AM

6,032 posts, read 9,215,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Datafeed View Post
yeah, but I am no longer employed as an IT consultant. It is important to have a simple yet honest explanation of what one's profession is. In Vegas, many people are shysters and one guy who said he was an Independent Party Consultant was a actually a pimp.

I never thought marketing was important but I guess it is.
So you stop being defined by your profession if you are between jobs? OK....

Tell them you work in Computers.

Judging by the boneheaded responses and belief's maybe you should just buy a nice vegas hooker.

Old 10-31-2011, 08:19 AM

529 posts, read 1,301,333 times
There are no elite schools in Nevada.

Old 10-31-2011, 08:33 AM

221 posts, read 598,353 times
The more I think about it, the more convinced I am that datafeed needs to move to Nigeria and work in an AIDS orphanage or to a refugee camp in the Sudan or something. He likely won't meet hotties there, but it should reset his priorities for him a bit and introduce him to life as a human being.

Ok, so one story: I knew this guy who joined a motorcycle-riding group I belonged to a few years back. He seemed ok from a distance, looked good, seemed like someone I would like to know. But in talking to him it was hard to feel I made a connection. He had nothing to share that any human could relate to as a human being. What he did have was a nice motorcycle, a new Jaguar, and some really nice clothes. Any casual conversation with him got back to the stuff he had bought himself. He would actually post technical problems involving some database problem as his contribution to conversations with the club's website and invite people to comment so he could show his mastery within his field (which went over like sarin-gas flatulence). So he started dating a cute woman who also belonged to the club and it lasted about two weeks. When she broke up with him he flew into a rage and hacked into the club's website and shut it down, replacing the welcome page with a long, rambling screed about how wronged he was by Sheila (or whatever her name was. Memory fails me) and how everyone now had to pay for her betrayal of him.

So this was a good-looking, well-off, "successful", "intelligent" guy who had the emotional state of a 10-year-old. He had missed the boat entirely. And when his public breakdown happened I and some of the others in the group just nodded. We had seen this kinda **** before. It's IT wunderkind disease.

Old 10-31-2011, 08:34 AM

2,037 posts, read 2,991,224 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elikhom View Post
There are no elite schools in Nevada.
Completely agree. I have been visiting schools in CA, PA, and NYC.

Non-traditional students are just that non-traditional. I don't know, but I have very rarely seen 38 year old entry level people in Corporate America. You can always go back to school to be a teacher, learn a new skill, but after a certain age you need to take a non-traditional approach.

re dating: your posts reflect a different world than the 8 + hot women that you see in Vegas, OC, and Miami. I know because I have tried to date them and I many of them thought I did not meet their criteria--my vanilla personality aside.

When some found out that I made good money and lived well through associates they suddenly became interested.

Go figure...and these women were not just party girls..a teacher, an interior designer, and a massage therapist from brazil.

Old 10-31-2011, 08:38 AM

2,037 posts, read 2,991,224 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NotQuiteNative View Post
The more I think about it, the more convinced I am that datafeed needs to move to Nigeria and work in an AIDS orphanage or to a refugee camp in the Sudan or something. He likely won't meet hotties there, but it should reset his priorities for him a bit and introduce him to life as a human being.

Ok, so one story: I knew this guy who joined a motorcycle-riding group I belonged to a few years back. He seemed ok from a distance, looked good, seemed like someone I would like to know. But in talking to him it was hard to feel I made a connection. He had nothing to share that any human could relate to as a human being. What he did have was a nice motorcycle, a new Jaguar, and some really nice clothes. Any casual conversation with him got back to the stuff he had bought himself. He would actually post technical problems involving some database problem as his contribution to conversations with the club's website and invite people to comment so he could show his mastery within his field (which went over like sarin-gas flatulence). So he started dating a cute woman who also belonged to the club and it lasted about two weeks. When she broke up with him he flew into a rage and hacked into the club's website and shut it down, replacing the welcome page with a long, rambling screed about how wronged he was by Sheila (or whatever her name was. Memory fails me) and how everyone now had to pay for her betrayal of him.

So this was a good-looking, well-off, "successful", "intelligent" guy who had the emotional state of a 10-year-old. He had missed the boat entirely. And when his public breakdown happened I and some of the others in the group just nodded. We had seen this kinda **** before. It's IT wunderkind disease.
I wonder why this cute women had interest in your batty friend if he had no social skills? Aha...

Old 10-31-2011, 08:48 AM

9,408 posts, read 13,744,394 times
Default Constantly Punching Below My Dating Weight & Getting Very Little Respect

Anyone who uses 'punching below my dating weight' deserves no respect.

I've never heard anything so puerile in all my life.

Grow up and learn to treat people with dignity and respect and maybe you'll get some in return.

Old 10-31-2011, 08:52 AM

221 posts, read 598,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Datafeed View Post
I wonder why this cute women had interest in your batty friend if he had no social skills? Aha...
Oh, just like in your case they liked his stuff and thought he was cool until he revealed himself to be an unbearably shallow douche.

Also, he jerked off in the hottub at a party. I forgot that part.

Seriously: Do something for yourself. I'm starting to feel sorry for you.

Old 10-31-2011, 08:52 AM

2,618 posts, read 6,164,760 times
Why let women who have nothing to do with your life affect your state of mind so much. LET IT GO.

They aren't worth it, just do what you want to do, work on getting your career going again, take up some new interests, spend time with friends and family.

Most of the time, this "woman" you are searching for will only cause more headache and heartache than you deserve anyway, so what is the point?

Initiate the DGAF mentality ASAP.

Old 10-31-2011, 08:57 AM

9,408 posts, read 13,744,394 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NotQuiteNative View Post
Also, he jerked off in the hottub at a party. I forgot that part.
I hope it wasn't actually in the hot tub because that sounds really disgusting.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships