Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-08-2012, 12:45 PM

15,714 posts, read 21,073,381 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MariaKintobor View Post
Sometimes the body just can't cope well with extreme gains and losses. It is nice to know that you can lose baby weight that quickly though. It seems that with the blessing of a resiliant body that can bounce right back from multiple pregnancies came the curse a gallbladder that just couldn't handle it.

Well I wouldn't exactly say I "bounced" back....LOL. My kids were really big for my stature so my skin didn't cooperate as much as I would have liked. My belly will never look the same, but the only people that will ever have to look at it are me and my husband (and healthcare providers). Even pre-children I never showed off my mid-section. It's not vomit worthy by any means, but it's not meant for bikini wearing either.

They know that because my weight was fine two weeks afterwards that this current weight loss is unlikely the result of the surgery but due to the medications they had me on and they are switching me to others. I hope it works soon because as things stand I have lost one more pound since then. They put me on a weight gaining diet and my Husband is encouraging me to eat all kinds of stuff. He was even sweet enough to order me some Kinder Hippos from England which will hopefully get here any day now.

Are the meds you are on related to surgery? Have you tried making smoothies with whey protein and greens and such?

As for eating after surgery I have never had a problem. If given the chance I can scarf down more than my fair share of anything! However the things that I like are usually fruits and vegetables since growing up in a poor, welfare dependant home with five other siblings and such we had a very poor diet of prepackaged foods and fresh foods were rare.

I have been known to eat entire cartons of oranges and raspberries and bite into onions and eat uncooked broccoli heads ect. I was a fruit bat in another life.
I was so cautious before surgery about consuming fat and watching portion size (because those two things triggered attacks for me) that I never went back to eating 3 meals a day. I get full very easily but I also have a pretty healthy diet (well, except the wine...lol).

I don't eat red meat or pork, cook from scratch most of the time and for the most part consume a lot of veggies, mostly raw in the daytime but cooked at dinner. Not too big on fruit. I like fruit but it has a lot of sugar in it so I limit it to 1 serving a day.

Old 01-08-2012, 01:02 PM

1,429 posts, read 2,297,914 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justthe6ofus View Post
I was so cautious before surgery about consuming fat and watching portion size (because those two things triggered attacks for me) that I never went back to eating 3 meals a day. I get full very easily but I also have a pretty healthy diet (well, except the wine...lol).

I don't eat red meat or pork, cook from scratch most of the time and for the most part consume a lot of veggies, mostly raw in the daytime but cooked at dinner. Not too big on fruit. I like fruit but it has a lot of sugar in it so I limit it to 1 serving a day.
I fortunatly never had to watch what I eat because I am very active in Ballet, Judo and Tae-Kwon-do so I just burned off the extra calories.

I however can't eat too much at one sitting. I just feel so full after so little. I got a McGriddle with cheese which used to be a treat but I couldn't even eat half of it without feeling painfully stuffed.

I always cook from scratch. I love my home southern cooking. Fried chicken and sweet tea do the trick for me. Eggplant Parmesan too.

Old 01-08-2012, 01:10 PM

15,714 posts, read 21,073,381 times
Quote:
I fortunatly never had to watch what I eat because I am very active in Ballet, Judo and Tae-Kwon-do so I just burned off the extra calories.

I however can't eat too much at one sitting. I just feel so full after so little. I got a McGriddle with cheese which used to be a treat but I couldn't even eat half of it without feeling painfully stuffed.

I always cook from scratch. I love my home southern cooking. Fried chicken and sweet tea do the trick for me. Eggplant Parmesan too.
I used to be more active than I am. Now I just run but I need to add some weight training to that. I'm also an old fart and I have hashimoto's so losing weight is a PITA now.

Where in the south are you from?

Old 01-08-2012, 01:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by justthe6ofus View Post
I used to be more active than I am. Now I just run but I need to add some weight training to that. I'm also an old fart and I have hashimoto's so losing weight is a PITA now.

Where in the south are you from?
What is Hashimoto's?

What dose PITA stand for?

I am from Texas myself. San Angelo to be specific.

Then I moved to Florida for a number of years before moving to Utah.

I have also lived in NYC, Russia, Korea and have visited a few other countries.

How about yourself?

Old 01-08-2012, 01:28 PM

17,869 posts, read 20,999,231 times
Quote:
What is Hashimoto's?

What dose PITA stand for?

I am from Texas myself. San Angelo to be specific.

Then I moved to Florida for a number of years before moving to Utah.

I have also lived in NYC, Russia, Korea and have visited a few other countries.

How about yourself?
What is Hypothyroidism?

Pain in the ass-PITA

Old 01-08-2012, 01:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince_Frog View Post
What is Hypothyroidism?

Pain in the ass-PITA

Oh. I am sorry to hear that. Hypothyroidism isn't easy to live with.

PITA. *lol* I thought it was some sort of PETA reference.

Old 01-08-2012, 01:59 PM

Quote:
Oh. I am sorry to hear that. Hypothyroidism isn't easy to live with.

PITA. *lol* I thought it was some sort of PETA reference.
People eating taste animals.

Old 01-08-2012, 02:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince_Frog View Post
People eating taste animals.
I have nothing good to say about PETA. They take animals from other people only to kill them when they can't find them homes.

I am sorry but if you take the responsibility of caring for an animal then you shouldn't kill it because you can't find it a home and are too damn lazy to take care of it yourself.

They have done this to thousands of animals.

It is just awful.

Old 01-08-2012, 02:03 PM

11,864 posts, read 17,004,194 times
Quote:

I am from Texas myself.
I'm from Texas, too. woot

Old 01-08-2012, 02:08 PM

Quote:
I have nothing good to say about PETA. They take animals from other people only to kill them when they can't find them homes.

I am sorry but if you take the responsibility of caring for an animal then you shouldn't kill it because you can't find it a home and are too damn lazy to take care of it yourself.

They have done this to thousands of animals.

It is just awful.
I agree. If you can't take care of an animal you shouldn't own one. Give it to an animal shelter and let them try to find them a new home.

I love dogs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships