Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-08-2012, 02:17 PM

1,429 posts, read 2,297,584 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by spinx View Post
I'm from Texas, too. woot
You know what they say!

Everything is bigger and better in Texas!

Old 01-08-2012, 02:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince_Frog View Post
I agree. If you can't take care of an animal you shouldn't own one. Give it to an animal shelter and let them try to find them a new home.

I love dogs.
I have three cats, two dogs, a snake and a rabbit myself.

The cats are calico, fluffy thick orange persian and a black and white one.

The dogs are a miniature long haired daschund - black and brown and a cocker spaniel - white and brown.

I also have a white rabbit with red eyes. It is EVIL. It bites me when I try to reach into its cage to refill its food dish, it thumps all the time and tries to bite its way out of the cage.

I also have a ball python.

Old 01-08-2012, 02:23 PM

17,869 posts, read 20,996,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MariaKintobor View Post

The dogs are a miniature long haired daschund - black and brown and a cocker spaniel - white and brown.

I also have a white rabbit with red eyes. It is EVIL. It bites me when I try to reach into its cage to refill its food dish, it thumps all the time and tries to bite its way out of the cage.

OK I love animals, I don't want to own that many animals lol.

Give me a dog and I'm a happy camper.

Old 01-08-2012, 02:23 PM

52,269 posts, read 52,686,640 times
Quote:

All you're missing is the bears on unicycles.......

Old 01-08-2012, 02:25 PM

Quote:
OK I love animals, I don't want to own that many animals lol.

Give me a dog and I'm a happy camper.
We are also getting cows, goats, sheep, chickens, pigs and bees.

I am also hoping that after we get those that I can also get a llama or alpaca.

We could never care for that many animals ourselves so we have help who does it for us.

Old 01-08-2012, 02:27 PM

Quote:
We are also getting cows, goats, sheep, chickens, pigs and bees.

I am also hoping that after we get those that I can also get a llama or alpaca.

We could never care for that many animals ourselves so we have help who does it for us.
Are you planning to butcher these animals?

Old 01-08-2012, 02:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
All you're missing is the bears on unicycles.......
DON'T JINX US!

We had a bear last year that came into my garden! How it was able to get over the 6' brick wall we are not sure but we think it climbed one of the trees in the woods behind it and fell over the wall.

We had brought in some bees to help pollinate and we think it smelled the honey being produced in the hive.

I remember going out to the garden and sitting down to work with my tulips when I sensed some movement and I turned and saw this huge bear walking behind the shed!

I ran inside so fast you would have thought my bum had caught fire!

Old 01-08-2012, 02:31 PM

Quote:
Are you planning to butcher these animals?
We are preppers and we believe in self reliant living. We do not however have any plans to butcher these animals.

We will take the milk from the cows, the eggs from the chickens, the honey from the bees, the wool from the sheep and the cashmere from the goats.

The pigs are just because we like them.

They are useful for producing fertilizer and even when they become unproductive we will keep them.

In the event of a crisis if food supplies were cut off we would be able to grow out own food and trade with others as well and give to our neighbors so we want to be able to have these animals.

Old 01-08-2012, 02:35 PM

Quote:
We are preppers and we believe in self reliant living. We do not however have any plans to butcher these animals.

We will take the milk from the cows, the eggs from the chickens, the honey from the bees, the wool from the sheep and the cashmere from the goats.

The pigs are just because we like them.

They are useful for producing fertilizer and even when they become unproductive we will keep them.

In the event of a crisis if food supplies were cut off we would be able to grow out own food and trade with others as well and give to our neighbors so we want to be able to have these animals.
I know people who raise chickens and cows, I don't think they are planning to butcher them either. I was partially raised on a a farm with chickens, peacocks and cows. It was great except when my uncle went to he shed to butcher something lol.

It's not a very pleasant thing to watch!

Old 01-08-2012, 02:37 PM

52,269 posts, read 52,686,640 times
Quote:
I know people who raise chickens and cows, I don't think they are planning to butcher them either. I was partially raised on a a farm with chickens, peacocks and cows. It was great except when my uncle went to he shed to butcher something lol.

It's not a very pleasant thing to watch!
Watching old people have sex wouldn't be too pleasant either. I am actually wondering which would be worse........
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships