Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-09-2011, 01:49 PM

24,620 posts, read 28,306,795 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by VTHokieFan View Post
Had a party at my place last night and some random dude came over, friend of friend. So I noticed his class ring and he clearly went to VT and I found out we literally had everything in common. We talked for like 2 or 3 hours and hung out the entire time, totally platonic by the way (I know I've posted some "bicurous" threads here so just know it's 100% platonic). So the party ends and it's like an awkward "nice meeting you, I want to give you my number but don't want to come off as weird so hopefully I bump into you again."

I'm totally in need of some bro-time but can't get over the concept that I might be perceived as weird.
If you want to be lonely or unfulfilled because you fear what others might think, have at it.
It's your choice.
You make social norms.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-09-2011, 03:19 PM

9,324 posts, read 26,773,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 43north87west View Post
What about a guy who has never had sex, is he straight automatically, or is he gay? Or bi? Or asexual?
If he has failed to be aroused, he remains asexual. That is how I am, 99% asexual.

Old 11-10-2011, 12:55 AM

376 posts, read 666,173 times
Quote:
just saying. i don't recall society making it "gay" for men to befriend other men. this is the first time i'm hearing this. what it sounds like is you're projecting your insecurities onto others.

Old 11-12-2011, 08:34 AM

13,511 posts, read 19,300,712 times
Quote:
Had a party at my place last night and some random dude came over, friend of friend. So I noticed his class ring and he clearly went to VT and I found out we literally had everything in common. We talked for like 2 or 3 hours and hung out the entire time, totally platonic by the way (I know I've posted some "bicurous" threads here so just know it's 100% platonic). So the party ends and it's like an awkward "nice meeting you, I want to give you my number but don't want to come off as weird so hopefully I bump into you again."

I'm totally in need of some bro-time but can't get over the concept that I might be perceived as weird.
Society can not tell YOU who to be friends with....Society does NOT make it gay for you to have same sex friends...you do that...maybe you should quit worrying about what others think.....live your life without putting stumbling blocks in front of you based on how you feel your actions will be perceived by others...Life is good...enjoy...and be friends with whom ever you want...be they male or female.

Old 11-12-2011, 08:38 AM

61,286 posts, read 87,491,164 times
if any attempt whatsoever to spend time with other men meets with quick accusations,
this is a control game and nothing else.
u dont see it just with other men, also with your mother,
anything that is a threat to women, will meet with ridicule pdq.
what guy firends and your mother have in common is they watch your back, the woman in your life does not like that. there is a reason.

Old 11-13-2011, 08:25 AM

9,324 posts, read 26,773,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
if any attempt whatsoever to spend time with other men meets with quick accusations,
this is a control game and nothing else.
u dont see it just with other men, also with your mother,
anything that is a threat to women, will meet with ridicule pdq.
what guy firends and your mother have in common is they watch your back, the woman in your life does not like that. there is a reason.
I have always been amazed how some women want to control their husbands like a slave. The bad thing is that many men seem to enjoy it!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships