Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-08-2011, 03:52 PM

538 posts, read 1,521,706 times

Advertisements

It's very possible.

It's very likely.

It's exactly as possible and likely as two people of another personality type meeting and sustaining a relationship.

Sustaining a relationship is about maturity anyway, not shyness.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-08-2011, 06:54 PM

13,511 posts, read 19,275,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beilua Rose View Post
I just can't imagine two shy people communicating, especially enough to actually get to know eachother, and start a relationship.
Oh yes Beilua Rose...of course they can....in fact the shyness might be what attracts them to each other,,,it might just take a little longer....but then...anything worth having takes time.

Old 11-08-2011, 07:07 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,147,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WakaFlocka View Post
If someone is introverted, they would best compliment someone that's extroverted and vice versa.
Not everybody is like that. I'm not shy, either, but extroverts, particularly the loud type, annoy me and give me a headache. There's no way for me to keep one around on a regular basis.

Old 11-08-2011, 07:56 PM

262 posts, read 651,213 times
Can people give me tips on how to "break the ice" with someone who is shy...? Please.

Old 11-08-2011, 09:34 PM

977 posts, read 1,814,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WakaFlocka View Post
Possible, but not likely. There needs to be balanced. If someone is introverted, they would best compliment someone that's extroverted and vice versa. I'm introverted(though not shy) and do best with those that are extroverted.
I think introverts mesh best with other introverts. It's just better long term when 2 people understand each other.

I'm not shy, but am an introvert. Of course reserved people can have good relationships, probably better than attention ***** extroverts. I actually talked a decent amount with my last G/F b/c I was actually interested in what she said and what she was about. With most people, I'm reserved 'cos I find them boring and too banal.

Old 11-08-2011, 09:35 PM

977 posts, read 1,814,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beilua Rose View Post
Can people give me tips on how to "break the ice" with someone who is shy...? Please.
Ask them questions about themselves, but not too invasive. Also, ask them what they think of XYZ, XYZ being a current or recent event.

Old 11-09-2011, 10:57 AM

864 posts, read 1,454,276 times
As a shy person myself, I do think it's possible. But, I am only shy until I get to know a person...once I get to know someone and feel comfortable with them, I can be a total goofball. It's just the initial "getting to know you" phase that is difficult for me (whether is a guy I'm interested in, or even a classmate - guy or girl - that I'd like to be friends with). I really do think once you get to know someone, you won't be shy.... hence, I think it's completely possible!

Old 11-09-2011, 12:15 PM

96 posts, read 288,817 times
Of course they can!

When i worked in a restaurant, we had a couple who always came in for two soups, they always read two newspapers.

Have to admit, im an introvert but i like that my husband is an extrovert. I can easily go out and talk to new people and am really chatty when i get going, but I prefer going out with him because hes the life of the party which means i dont have to make as much effort lol, its nice.

Old 11-09-2011, 01:40 PM

208 posts, read 603,925 times
It's possible, and it definitely happens in the same way that you want to have a relationship with anyone else.

By most standards, I am a total introvert. I'm reserved when I first meet people, but not so once you get to know me. My husband is "quiet" even in the presence of his closest friends and family. When I first met him, I was surprised to meet someone even more introverted and quieter than me! Our first date wouldn't have gone on at all if no one talked. But because that was what we were there for, in an effort to get to know each other, I assumed the role of the "extrovert" by talking, asking questions, and sharing bits and pieces about me. Some people just don't naturally blab about themselves - not out of malice or deceit - you merely have to ask what you want to know to get an answer. It just took longer for some introverts, like my husband, to feel comfortable around others, so patience and the ability to make the other person comfortable are key. Obviously it paid off. So yes, a relationship with an introvert can happen if you know what you're getting into and are willing to work to build one together.

Old 11-10-2011, 10:12 AM

262 posts, read 651,213 times
I really...really...................really hope so.. :/
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships