Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-03-2011, 07:39 PM

826 posts, read 1,894,069 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe007 View Post
Thinking that Karma would catch up to others who have done wrong is a common misconception. I once believed that same line of b.s. I was very wrong; it's disappointing & disturbing when people who have screwed over others, cheated, slandered, etc still somehow manage to live the "good life".....
That's all I'm saying. Going beyond bad girls, I know both men and women who have gotten away with doing bad, evil stuff and actually thrived whether it was personally or financially. It goes contrary to what I was told would happen to such people.
It just makes you wonder sometimes. Why do good when "bad" people thrive... or seem to?

Anywhoo, that was my point for this post. Life is so not black or white. Being good is not a guarantee that good things will always flow into your life and being bad is no guarantee that bad things will always happen to you.
Life is random and bad things happen to good people

Let me now step off my soap box
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-03-2011, 07:42 PM

3,814 posts, read 6,785,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peacelilies View Post
Furthermore, people forget how very influential pop culture is to many young people that even if it were the sole example I cited, my case would not be undermined. If young people see TV "role models" openly doing amoral things and getting away with it, who do you think they'd copy.
This is why I said you watch too much television.

Don't let the media or pop culture mold your life, you will always be miserable and confused if you do.

Old 12-03-2011, 07:54 PM

2,725 posts, read 5,190,905 times
Quote:
Thanks for understanding.
It is not that I want to live that lifestyle. I couldn't have peace of mind knowing I am openly screwing a married man, my conscience won't allow it. I am not saying I'm perfect........ far from it, but it's just something that would bug me.
But I just wonder sometimes, why do the "bad girls" seem to get away with it. Where are those repercussions I was told they would suffer?

I guess life is just random. Rules don't necessarily apply and some ppl will get away with stuff.

**Some commenters are on my case for citing a pop culture example glossing over the fact that immediately below that, I cited a real life example (and there are much much more).
Furthermore, people forget how very influential pop culture is to many young people that even if it were the sole example I cited, my case would not be undermined. If young people see TV "role models" openly doing amoral things and getting away with it, who do you think they'd copy.
Those women are looking out for their interests. Their behavior is to be expected in the societies they run in. While it may seem glamorous and "easy" to us, it is probably not an easy life to live.

How many posts have I read here about how all men need is money and when they have that, they can pick and choose whatever woman they want or dump their current one for a younger woman. That is reality for some women and I won't question them for looking out for their interests.

I do it, too, but my interests lies in forming strong relationships, not weak ones.

Old 12-03-2011, 09:24 PM

73,020 posts, read 62,622,338 times
Quote:
At least it feels that way sometimes, like today . Sometimes "bad girls", defined as women with no morals, get away with a lot of bad behavior and actually continue to thrive

The other day, I caught an episode of the Real Housewives of Atlanta. For those who don't know about it, it is a reality TV show. There is a character on there, a woman named Kim who began the show openly dating a married man. The man was very wealthy and spoilt her with gifts, money, all that good stuff. She's about 32 and was the mother of 2 kids at the time-not the married man's kids-. Anyway, fastforward to recently, she got engaged and subsequently married to an NFL football player. The dude is younger than her, cute, manly (swoons), seems to love her and is there for her. They also just had a son. To me looking at that, she seems to have gotten what every girl wants despite her past of openly dating a married man and possibly contributing to marital discord in that man's home.

Coming closer to home. I have a relative whom from the time she was a teenager only dated rich and mostly married men. She is a few decades older than me, and is now in her 50s. These men showered her with so many gifts and money, paid for her education, helped her get job opportunities that now she is a millionaire with multiple houses and cars. She never got married but she had kids and seems pretty happy with her situation.

It could just be that I'm feeling down today, but when I look at situations like this, it feels like it doesn't pay to be a good girl i.e. a girl who is moral, works for what she has, is diligent etc. From pop culture where people are rewarded for being bad, to real life, it seems like having no morals is the way to go. Growing up, I saw many women kicked out of their homes by their husbands and replaced by younger, sluttier women. I have seen slutty girls, be the ones most desired by men.

I used to think that Karma would even things out in the end. I was always told that knowingly hurting someone would bring bad things to you. In reality, I don't really see that happening.

Anyway, what do you think? Do you agree?. Do you know any stories of "bad girls" who continue to thrive or eventually suffered repercussions. Let's discuss because I am about ready to chalk my career in the toilet and go learn how to "dance" (Just kidding). But seriously, let's discuss. Is having morals worth it?
Sounds alot like gold digging.

Old 12-04-2011, 12:49 AM

5,460 posts, read 7,762,387 times
"Good girls" are the very best and most lovable kind of girls, IMO The ones you wanna take home to meet your mother...

Yes but I for one wish there were a lot *more* (not less) good girls around

Old 12-04-2011, 08:56 AM

826 posts, read 1,894,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight2009 View Post
"Good girls" are the very best and most lovable kind of girls, IMO The ones you wanna take home to meet your mother...

Yes but I for one wish there were a lot *more* (not less) good girls around
You are a rare breed Knight.

Old 12-04-2011, 09:08 AM

5,460 posts, read 7,762,387 times
Quote:
You are a rare breed Knight.
Awe...thank you so much for the kind words my friend! That is very sweet of you to say...thx again!

Old 12-04-2011, 09:15 AM

24,665 posts, read 69,710,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight2009 View Post
Awe...thank you so much for the kind words my friend! That is very sweet of you to say...thx again!
The definition of "rare breed" is, "species that is not common". Is to define a person as such to be assumed a compliment? Just wondering but I guess in this case the smiley icon confirms that it is?

Old 12-04-2011, 10:17 AM

7,492 posts, read 11,830,974 times
Quote:
At least it feels that way sometimes, like today . Sometimes "bad girls", defined as women with no morals, get away with a lot of bad behavior and actually continue to thrive

The other day, I caught an episode of the Real Housewives of Atlanta. For those who don't know about it, it is a reality TV show. There is a character on there, a woman named Kim who began the show openly dating a married man. The man was very wealthy and spoilt her with gifts, money, all that good stuff. She's about 32 and was the mother of 2 kids at the time-not the married man's kids-. Anyway, fastforward to recently, she got engaged and subsequently married to an NFL football player. The dude is younger than her, cute, manly (swoons), seems to love her and is there for her. They also just had a son. To me looking at that, she seems to have gotten what every girl wants despite her past of openly dating a married man and possibly contributing to marital discord in that man's home.

Coming closer to home. I have a relative whom from the time she was a teenager only dated rich and mostly married men. She is a few decades older than me, and is now in her 50s. These men showered her with so many gifts and money, paid for her education, helped her get job opportunities that now she is a millionaire with multiple houses and cars. She never got married but she had kids and seems pretty happy with her situation.

It could just be that I'm feeling down today, but when I look at situations like this, it feels like it doesn't pay to be a good girl i.e. a girl who is moral, works for what she has, is diligent etc. From pop culture where people are rewarded for being bad, to real life, it seems like having no morals is the way to go. Growing up, I saw many women kicked out of their homes by their husbands and replaced by younger, sluttier women. I have seen slutty girls, be the ones most desired by men.

I used to think that Karma would even things out in the end. I was always told that knowingly hurting someone would bring bad things to you. In reality, I don't really see that happening.

Anyway, what do you think? Do you agree?. Do you know any stories of "bad girls" who continue to thrive or eventually suffered repercussions. Let's discuss because I am about ready to chalk my career in the toilet and go learn how to "dance" (Just kidding). But seriously, let's discuss. Is having morals worth it?
Oy guey, I definitely agree. At times like these you just have to remind yourself that judging people for the way they are doesn't help you. After all, it takes two for an affair to work in that situation.

But yes, I see it all around me; rude people having more friends and dates than people I'd consider nice; lazy and inconsiderate people getting ahead at work or even just getting their way. Smooth-talking people always having a job and someone to give them a hand wherever they go while I continually find myself stuck for years in unsatisfactory work situations, finally accepting a job that doesn't meet my standards just to have one, and of course not being sure if I'll ever get a start on the career I want to start. Yes it's very irritating. But I guess I have to believe that somewhere down the line karma will get the other people, but I can't let myself think about it too much or else it'll turn around on me rather than them. Keep your head up.

Old 12-04-2011, 10:23 AM

7,492 posts, read 11,830,974 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redlipsticklola View Post
no it doesn't pay in the long run. guys are mostly interested in girls that will put out and the quicker the better. any other types get passed over pretty quickly.
That doesn't necessarily make for a long-term relationship...oh wait, that's the whole reason for serial monogamy, right?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships