Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-04-2011, 10:28 AM

18,271 posts, read 14,470,873 times

Advertisements

To the OP : You have to get your goals straight. What is it that you want? Do you want riches? You can have them. Do you want to not have to work hard to get them? It's possible. Do you want a man who is married to give you this money. That is easily within reach.

It is up to you to decide if you would rather have a regular husband who goes to work everyday and doesn't buy you the best of everything, but whom you know is not paying you to have sex with him and love him, or would you rather have someone else's husband who is buying your affections and who probably doesn't care much about you as long as you spread them whenever he wants and remain as beautiful as the day he met you and don't even think about gaining weight, cause it's over. Are you looking for a man with a penis and a wallet, or are you looking for a real feeling partner who won't ditch you when you hit 42 or your boobs start sagging and you get a wrinkle here and there.

What are you looking for? It's not about right or wrong, good girl versus bad, it's about what you can live with and what you want most. Do you prefer money over stability and companionship? Honestly, I doubt that there is going to be bad karma if you choose to be the mistress. That might be a hot topic and not everyone will agree. But I think the bad karma is let in when the mistress takes away the husband when there are children involved or the money that could be feeding the innocent children is going to the mistress instead. Other than that, I doubt karma will rear it's head and strike the mistress with lightning. Society might shun her or the wife might attack her, or something else that's natural might come to her for messing with a married man. But if you are okay playing second fiddle for money, the universe will probably not send you bad karma for your bad decision, only consequences. After all, I doubt the universe cares if a man hires a prostitute to relieve stress as long as his family life is not affected by it and the innocent don't pay for it. Prostitution has been legal in other countries since the beginning of time, and sometimes married men do visit. I don't like that married men would go to a prostitute, but in my life I have never seen karma go after the prostitute, or even the husband. The universe possibly sees it as a business deal, which is what it is. Sex for money. If the wife finds out and leaves him for it, he should know that there might be consequences. Some women don't care if the husband occasionally hires prostitutes as long as the marriage is not in jeopardy. Some women do. If the wife divorces him over it, that's not karma, that's just him violating her rules. It's cause and effect.

So what do YOU want to do?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-04-2011, 10:42 AM

8,679 posts, read 15,293,745 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peacelilies View Post
At least it feels that way sometimes, like today . Sometimes "bad girls", defined as women with no morals, get away with a lot of bad behavior and actually continue to thrive

The other day, I caught an episode of the Real Housewives of Atlanta. For those who don't know about it, it is a reality TV show. There is a character on there, a woman named Kim who began the show openly dating a married man. The man was very wealthy and spoilt her with gifts, money, all that good stuff. She's about 32 and was the mother of 2 kids at the time-not the married man's kids-. Anyway, fastforward to recently, she got engaged and subsequently married to an NFL football player. The dude is younger than her, cute, manly (swoons), seems to love her and is there for her. They also just had a son. To me looking at that, she seems to have gotten what every girl wants despite her past of openly dating a married man and possibly contributing to marital discord in that man's home.

Coming closer to home. I have a relative whom from the time she was a teenager only dated rich and mostly married men. She is a few decades older than me, and is now in her 50s. These men showered her with so many gifts and money, paid for her education, helped her get job opportunities that now she is a millionaire with multiple houses and cars. She never got married but she had kids and seems pretty happy with her situation.

It could just be that I'm feeling down today, but when I look at situations like this, it feels like it doesn't pay to be a good girl i.e. a girl who is moral, works for what she has, is diligent etc. From pop culture where people are rewarded for being bad, to real life, it seems like having no morals is the way to go. Growing up, I saw many women kicked out of their homes by their husbands and replaced by younger, sluttier women. I have seen slutty girls, be the ones most desired by men.

I used to think that Karma would even things out in the end. I was always told that knowingly hurting someone would bring bad things to you. In reality, I don't really see that happening.

Anyway, what do you think? Do you agree?. Do you know any stories of "bad girls" who continue to thrive or eventually suffered repercussions. Let's discuss because I am about ready to chalk my career in the toilet and go learn how to "dance" (Just kidding). But seriously, let's discuss. Is having morals worth it?
1. Never get your reality from television.

2. What is your own definition of reward? You seem to think that having cars and houses are the "reward" for bad behavior. If you're trying to sound like you come from a place of "morality," you might want to reflect on your own use of material goods and wealth as hallmarks of success in life.

3. What difference does your relative's life make to you? You consider her a bad person. Guess what? No one is all good or all bad. While I don't think it wise to get with married men, as it's dishonest, your post has an overall tone of "us" vs "them," as in "us good girls" vs "those bad girls." It's self-righteous. It's also silly, because I'll be willing to bet the rent that you have done something I consider to be bad. That does not mean I'd write you off as a bad person.

Try not to think in such black/white terms. Life doesn't work that way.

Old 12-04-2011, 11:04 AM

18,271 posts, read 14,470,873 times
P.S. I do consider messing with a man who is already taken, as immoral. I would not do it.

Old 12-04-2011, 12:43 PM

99 posts, read 218,761 times
Karma doesn't exist imo. It's a crutch.

Be a "good girl" because you want to be not because you expect some sort of reward at the end of the tunnel.

Old 12-04-2011, 12:57 PM

95 posts, read 248,044 times
Agree with Yzette's remarks above that your post comes across as self-righteous, in particular as you have taken the very large and unsubstantiated step of classifying yourself as "good" and the other ladies you mentioned as "bad." I.e., you have made yourself judge & jury here.

For all you know, Kim on Atlanta Housewives could be a very generous, kind soul. Your accusation of her being a homewrecker seems to be based more on envy than anything else. I read online that the man she was dating previously was legally married, but had been separated for many years, living apart from his wife during that time. Really, none of us know the specifics enough to say she's a "bad" person, who doesn't deserve what / who she has in her life today.

What jumps out mostly from your post is accusing others, without basis, of not deserving the good things they have. Willing good things into your own life, and abstaining from wishing others less, would be the higher road.

Old 12-06-2011, 07:07 AM

6,032 posts, read 9,231,470 times
Quote:
At least it feels that way sometimes, like today . Sometimes "bad girls", defined as women with no morals, get away with a lot of bad behavior and actually continue to thrive

The other day, I caught an episode of the Real Housewives of Atlanta. For those who don't know about it, it is a reality TV show. There is a character on there, a woman named Kim who began the show openly dating a married man. The man was very wealthy and spoilt her with gifts, money, all that good stuff. She's about 32 and was the mother of 2 kids at the time-not the married man's kids-. Anyway, fastforward to recently, she got engaged and subsequently married to an NFL football player. The dude is younger than her, cute, manly (swoons), seems to love her and is there for her. They also just had a son. To me looking at that, she seems to have gotten what every girl wants despite her past of openly dating a married man and possibly contributing to marital discord in that man's home.
Who would want to have the life of this clapped out trash looking gold digger, Kim??? I thought she was about 50 when I first saw her, lol.

I hope that every girls dream is not such.

Old 12-06-2011, 08:34 AM

73,177 posts, read 62,867,835 times
What constitutes a "good girl"? That can be left up to dispute.

Old 12-06-2011, 09:56 AM

5,460 posts, read 7,776,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
What constitutes a "good girl"? That can be left up to dispute.
The human version, of a gentle, loving female angel perhaps?

(Only half-joking here, lol Sometimes I honestly wish that human beings could be just a little a lil more loving, caring, tender, and "angel-like" )

Old 12-06-2011, 10:08 AM

2,618 posts, read 6,173,257 times
I wish there were more "good girls" in the world. Then maybe my heart wouldn't be so broken and I wouldn't be so ruined for future relationships. I'll probably never be able to trust someone enough to give them my heart ever again.

Dating and people suck. Get over it. Focus on other things that are worth your time and will actually make you happy.

Last edited by cdubs3201; 12-06-2011 at 10:29 AM..

Old 12-06-2011, 10:34 AM

31,198 posts, read 22,223,710 times
Quote:
There is no envy. It is more questioning. Why does it seem like girls who obviously have no morals succeed in life ? and examining that question.

As a girl, you get a lot of advice on how to behave around men. You are told
  • Don't be a *****
  • Don't sleep with a married man
  • Be a girl of principles
  • No decent guy will want a girl that has been passed around
You are warned that if you don't abide by these things, no man will marry you and you'd live bitter and alone.

And then you turn around and see women not only breaking these rules, but being sought after by men and thriving. So were we lied to? Is there a doublestandard? Do men just want whores?

The show was cited just as an example, but as I indicated, I have seen this happen in real life.
I wouldn't give much thought to a tv show that is staged anyway, but as far a real life these situations exist: I would say for a woman the amount of men that approach her regardless of her past comes down to looks and attitude. Look at Kim Kardasian; what famous guy hasn't banged her. And that won't stop them from lining up at her door.

From a guys stand point, at least mine, I could care less what a womans past is, as long as I know shes into me now. Ive probably dated woman that have slept with a lot more men than they would want me to know about, but if it doesn't affect me I don't care. Actually, I'm sure 75% of the women Ive dated would not readily admit to how many men they have slept with, does that make them all Bad Girls?

As far as woman dating married men, I bet you there's quite a few, even here on CD. Doesn't sound like your thing. Anyway, for every millionaire showering a woman with gifts there's 1,000 broke losers sucking you dry. As far as what you do, you have to do what is right for you. Doesn't sound like you would choose that lifestyle even if you could?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships