Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-08-2011, 10:22 PM

160 posts, read 295,102 times

Advertisements

See, I have a theory if you really like someone, you'll still like them even if it's easy for you to sleep with them. I, personally, don't think it's the sex that kills the relationship. I think it's that you didn't like them *that much* to begin with and now that you no longer want to have sex with them (because you already have), there's nothing left that's interesting about them.

I'm really curious to see what the rest of you think.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-08-2011, 11:11 PM

17,440 posts, read 28,595,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunshineFlower View Post
See, I have a theory if you really like someone, you'll still like them even if it's easy for you to sleep with them. I, personally, don't think it's the sex that kills the relationship. I think it's that you didn't like them *that much* to begin with and now that you no longer want to have sex with them (because you already have), there's nothing left that's interesting about them.

If anything having sex early in the relationship cements the relationship.

Old 12-08-2011, 11:24 PM

3,516 posts, read 6,781,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunshineFlower View Post

So ALWAYS have sex on the first date so you can tell if they're exciting just because of the sex or because you have a deepter connection.

I think that if things naturally flow in that direction early on, there's no need to fight it. My most successful relationships have involved sex in the first couple weeks of dating, while my trail of failures either never got there or we slept together after awhile of dating and things petered out pretty quickly after that.

Not to say that having sex early in a relationship makes for a more successful relationship, it just doesn't hurt it.

Old 12-08-2011, 11:24 PM

5,419 posts, read 9,194,852 times
Depends on the people involved. Some people make a relationship out of things aftr sex, some people need to establish more of a connection first. Lastly, sometimes people confuse the act of having sex with making love...

Old 12-08-2011, 11:25 PM

612 posts, read 1,843,265 times
It depends on the people involved. If they're mature, sure. Please don't flame me for this but I tend to agree with the 'theory' that sex early in the relationship just makes things less interesting as the relationship goes on. You need to keep things interesting instead of stealing to the home plate. (bad example I know ).

Ninja'd.

Old 12-08-2011, 11:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnexpectedError View Post
Not to say that having sex early in a relationship makes for a more successful relationship, it just doesn't hurt it.
Right, this is what I think as well.

Old 12-09-2011, 12:00 AM

461 posts, read 782,434 times
It can hurt depending on the type of guy you get. You would be naive as a women to think men are not different and don't just want sex and can separate that from love so how many times are you going to subject your body to a guy who doesn't have the same intentions as you? And why won't you take the time to find out his intentions and depth of interest in you before subjecting yourself to possible pregnancy, std's?

It sounds like you're trying to rationalize questionable behavior Sunshine. What's wrong? Don't you believe that you are intelligent, attractive and charming enough for a man to keep him interested?

Old 12-09-2011, 12:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by myrevenge View Post
It can hurt depending on the type of guy you get. You would be naive as a women to think men are not different and don't just want sex and can separate that from love so how many times are you going to subject your body to a guy who doesn't have the same intentions as you? And why won't you take the time to find out his intentions and depth of interest in you before subjecting yourself to possible pregnancy, std's?

It sounds like you're trying to rationalize questionable behavior Sunshine. What's wrong? Don't you believe that you are intelligent, attractive and charming enough for a man to keep him interested?
Here's what I think: leading a guy on by withholding sex is not going to suddenly and magically make him fall in love with you. He has to like you for who you are already. If he does, sleeping with him is not going to change that.

Old 12-09-2011, 12:14 AM

37,135 posts, read 42,200,354 times
Not necessarily. I think sex isn't the biggest factor in whether something goes long term or not. The most important thing is that both people WANT something long term and serious and if their personalities are compatible or not. After that sex is negotiable and some people prefer to jump on that while others prefer to take it slow. It's all part of the compatibility thing I was talking about because if you each have different ideas about it then there will be a problem.

Old 12-09-2011, 12:25 AM

3,062 posts, read 7,032,384 times
You should wait at least three dates before you screw him.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships