Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-09-2011, 07:30 AM

845 posts, read 1,349,493 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prairieparson View Post
It depends on what you want from the relationship. I will assume you want a long term relationship. Frankly, its a crap shoot. The one who "loves you with all their heart" is likely the more emotional person. A more emotional person also tends to be more emotionally unstable, meaning they can go from love to hate very fast and back again and then in another direction. To me, I would always recommend a person who is more stable emotionally, who makes wise decisions, not based largely on passion or lust. Those emotions tend to change over time, sometimes rapidly and for no apparent reason.

EG. I have a friend who is married to one of these emotional types. His wife recently got mad at him and wouldn't speak to him for 5 days. She never told him why, and finally forgave him, but he still has no idea why? The emotional passionate ones may be fun for a while, but I wouldn't want to marry one. Look at it like owning vs. renting a hot sports car. It might be fun to ride and have for a short time, but ownership would likely turn into an expensive headache. I own a Buick.
Way to over analyze the person. If their emotions are firing off on all cylinders, but loves you nonetheless, what does it matter?

I don't know, maybe I'm taking it too seriously, sense I'm currently turning into a "taxi driver".

Oh, I'd have to go with the first relationship.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-09-2011, 07:37 AM

5,987 posts, read 10,472,793 times
Too little information to tell, really, and it seems like a very artificially contrived choice (most likely I'd choose neither). But for the sake of providing an answer, I'd choose the one who's more sexually compatible if she has a high libido!

Old 12-09-2011, 08:01 AM

733 posts, read 1,664,023 times
I've recently have had to make that choice.

My current boyfriend makes me happy, spoils me, and tends to all my needs (and I try to do the same to him, but I'm more verbally affectionate than he is, he believes in speaking purely through actions), except he is not willing to admit that he loves me, so I figures he probably doesn't love me enough.

A friend I met during the summer had a crush on me but was not being very obvious about it. He didn't act upon it until late September when we became closer. From that point on, he was being very affectionate and romantic. He called me every day and told me things that made me blush, and always asking me out. He said that his heart was down for me, all I needed to do is give him the green light. I felt like he was willing to go all in if we were to have a relationship. When we hang out, he acted and looked at me like I'm the most special girl in the world. He tried to take me to school on his car everyday. All the pursuing made me wonder what I really want, but I picked my current boyfriend in the end. (I did not cheat, although I had pictured being with the other guy and did not see it lasting very long)

Old 12-09-2011, 08:06 AM

5,460 posts, read 7,762,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyhan View Post
there are two persons you can choose..

one: he/she loves you so much...and he/she cares about you, protects you, cherishs you, and can do everything you want, also he/she is a nice person.

another: the person you love, and he can not give you enough things that you deserve, he also loves you, but not strong, no more than that one loves you...

so in this situation, which one you will choose??
I would choose person #1

Old 12-09-2011, 08:15 AM

5,460 posts, read 7,762,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prairieparson View Post
It depends on what you want from the relationship. I will assume you want a long term relationship. Frankly, its a crap shoot. The one who "loves you with all their heart" is likely the more emotional person. A more emotional person also tends to be more emotionally unstable, meaning they can go from love to hate very fast and back again and then in another direction. To me, I would always recommend a person who is more stable emotionally, who makes wise decisions, not based largely on passion or lust. Those emotions tend to change over time, sometimes rapidly and for no apparent reason.

EG. I have a friend who is married to one of these emotional types. His wife recently got mad at him and wouldn't speak to him for 5 days. She never told him why, and finally forgave him, but he still has no idea why? The emotional passionate ones may be fun for a while, but I wouldn't want to marry one. Look at it like owning vs. renting a hot sports car. It might be fun to ride and have for a short time, but ownership would likely turn into an expensive headache. I own a Buick.
Ah, but not all "emotional" ppl will necessarily feel the "love" and "hate" emotions, in equal amounts or proportions though I'm pretty much one of those kinds of ppl, but I am also usually very "slow" to become angry. I can guarantee you, it is *a lot* easier for me to feel the emotions of love and affection, than those of anger and hate. In fact, I can't even really remember the last time, I actually became seriously angry at someone

Old 12-09-2011, 11:40 AM

2,942 posts, read 6,008,116 times
Easy choice - Option 1.
When you find that, take it and run, it's very rare to see it more than a couple of times in your lifetime.

Old 12-09-2011, 01:09 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,739,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyhan View Post
there are two persons you can choose..

one: he/she loves you so much...and he/she cares about you, protects you, cherishs you, and can do everything you want, also he/she is a nice person.

another: the person you love, and he can not give you enough things that you deserve, he also loves you, but not strong, no more than that one loves you...

so in this situation, which one you will choose??
I would choose the one I couldn't live without, not the one I could live with

Old 12-09-2011, 01:17 PM

14,294 posts, read 13,192,076 times
I would choose neither of these people.

Old 12-11-2011, 03:09 PM

8,011 posts, read 8,210,154 times
Easy choice, option 1. It's nice to feel wanted and appreciated for a change.

Old 12-11-2011, 05:09 PM

15,714 posts, read 21,073,381 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
I would choose the one I couldn't live without, not the one I could live with
I like this! I may have to steal this quote
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships