Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-06-2012, 05:53 PM

2,495 posts, read 4,358,314 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nowitsshowtime View Post
Surprise her...by getting her nothing
lol, thats not nice
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-06-2012, 08:49 PM
Cow

153 posts, read 202,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nowitsshowtime View Post
Surprise her...by getting her nothing
This quote combined with the posters name.....

CLASSIC!

Old 01-07-2012, 02:54 AM

499 posts, read 891,860 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LibraGirl123 View Post
^ ^ ^ This guy knows what he's talking about...listen to him!
agree.

Old 01-07-2012, 05:02 AM

24,665 posts, read 69,703,004 times
Kudos for asking! Reminds me of a man I was involved with for several years who was the worst gift-giver ever. When he had a birthday I'd go all out treating him wonderfully and splurging on him. Bought him some really nice clothes, things I knew he needed for his boat, tools he'd expressed a hankering for, took him to dinners at lovely romantic restaurants where balloons and a cake were pre-arranged - really made an effort to create a special occasion and I enjoyed the giving as much as he enjoyed the receiving. What did I get in return?

Well, WHEN he remembered my birthday (!) I was given a nice card and invariably a tacky piece of QVC jewelry (not even gift wrapped) which he apparently bought by the cartload to divvy out to his family for birthdays and Christmas. And I've never been much of a jewelry-wearer anyway. I have a few antique pieces I love but that's about it.

The crowning glory was the last birthday of mine during which we were together. To preface this silly story, I've never had any success with wrist watches so never wear them. They all crap out on me, something to do with "body electrics" for want of a better description. Many years ago I was a guinea pig for the Timex Corporation who would regularly send me watches to wear and test for them. Within a few weeks they'd go haywire and back to Timex with a completed questionnaire they'd be sent and they'd send me another.

That last birthday (and he knew why I didn't wear watches) what did he present me with? Of course, a cheap dime-store watch (not gift-wrapped of course). Inwardly groaning and gnashing my teeth I thanked him politely. A couple of weeks later I moved into a new apartment which was burgled shortly thereafter. The burglary was interrupted in progress and the miscreant fled with nothing but the watch which had been on my bedside table. What serendipity indeed!

Old 01-07-2012, 05:19 AM

16,235 posts, read 25,217,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEssex View Post
She already has everything that she needs. I asked her what she wants and she told me to suprise her and use my imagination. Unfortunately, I never saw shopping as a creative or imaginative process. I already got her an IPAD for Christmas. Is it proper for a man to get his wife stuff from Victoria Secrets or would that be seen as shallow and a gift for me? Help a brotha out.
How about a gift certificate from Victoria's Secret. Then she can surprise you.

Old 01-07-2012, 05:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JanND View Post
How about a gift certificate from Victoria's Secret. Then she can surprise you.
Always a good idea and already discussed on this thread.

Old 01-07-2012, 05:45 AM

16,235 posts, read 25,217,748 times
STTResident....Sorry, I hadn't realized you had already mentioned it, thanks for the input. I like the couples Spa Day suggestion...........nice idea

Old 01-07-2012, 06:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JanND View Post
I like the couples Spa Day suggestion...........nice idea
Me too. It won't be a "couples" routine but a friend has arranged for a traveling massage therapist to come and give me a session at my home as a birthday present and I'm very much looking forward to it. I end up a soggy relaxed mess after such a session and hate having to get up and drive away from the spa afterwards - indeed am a mobile danger to the general public!

Old 01-07-2012, 06:30 AM

13,768 posts, read 38,197,572 times
If you do go with sexy Victoria Secret you need to be sure your wife is OK with the sexy lingerie. Some are, some aren't.

I have to go with maybe a short trip away. My DH took me on a 'trip to nowhere' on a cruise ship. It was a weekend getaway. He also always wrote me the sweetest love letters. Those are the things you keep forever
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships